Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Zeiss New Member

Just a note from the retirement zone. When testing mechanics/debugging, you don't get to dictate tuning. Back to the beaches and the margaritas. Carry on.
    Tokal_Battlechaser likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

Good raid beta testing involves communication with the testing guild(s) on what is making the event easy/hard Some phases of testing are about getting the scripts to run correctly, so difficulty tuning isn't part of those tests. Difficulty tuning and adjust comes later in the beta process. Since MS only had one night, tuning should have been part of that.

I can't say this dev doesn't understand player feedback, so they know what the feedback from MS's raid meant. And what the results from the time on live means.

My main issue on having a raid this hard (impossible?) as temporary anniversary content. Anniversary content should be inclusive, so that most of the active raid/group population can enjoy it. Content like this should be a permanent part of game. This being the 2nd raid of T2a would be much better than it being here for a few weeks this year, then back next year when we don't care about the loot.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

I could fully understand having this raid start out this difficulty. Each 2 days that goes by, drop it by 5% in difficulty.

Once X number of guilds has beaten it, lock it at that difficulty level.

Sadly, the current difficulty makes me /boggle.
    Durris and Axem the Great like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

To be fair I did warn you all about this several weeks ago...
  5. Zantor Augur

At this point I hope they nerf it and extend the time it is out atleast by a week or 2, well depending on when they actually nerf it since no guild has of yet beaten it. Unless they actually want no one to beat it.
  6. Ayoheee Augur

This ain't nothing compared to OMM, Vish, Sendaii etc.
    guado likes this.
  7. SaderakhBertox Augur

I hope the difficulty stays. Wouldn't mind it sticking around longer though.
  8. Kiillz Augur

lol difficulty? no one beating it to date at all not even going past 50 doesnt state anything?
  9. SaderakhBertox Augur

I'm speaking for myself obviously. I don't care what anyone else has done. I've had four hours with it, so obviously it would be completely unreasonable to throw in the towel so early. =)
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Not really, considering that it appears that most of the top guilds haven't put all that much time into the event. ROI has put 2 days into it? Yeah, that's a lot for them. I may have missed it, I haven't seen them say it's unbeatable. Not sure on MS,Triton, SoD etc. We have only dedicated one raid night to this event so far, no more than about 3 hours. We had a family holiday this weekend on top of a short beta.
  11. Kiillz Augur

Someone in MS already stated in this thread that they wont be pursuing further, cuz they knew back in beta on it that it was overtuned THEN and still nothings changed on it to date. ROI beats it salute but last I heard they got it as far as 59 and THAT to me says alot when ROI can only get to that point. That sir is a compliment to the guild and a knock on what is a massively overtune raid even if it was a PROGRESSION raid and not a temporary anniversary event, and hey if you think its beatable in its current form God bless you, I dont see it. Adds could be a raid event in themselves.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

I am not saying it is or it isn't, i am just saying it's a little early to make the determination that it is unbeatable.
    Enkel likes this.
  13. Pwnography Augur

I believe the event can be beaten. With that said, its going to take a lot of work and everything will have to go flawlessly. I've only had four hours to play with it and learn, but I don't see *impossible* here. Just, near impossible.

Give it a couple weeks and let guilds have some fun with it. I think we'll start seeing lower and lower percentages.
    Daislet likes this.
  14. Qualzek Augur

Would really like to see this event with TZ and VZ toned down... the adds are a pain to deal with but would probably make it a fun event if so much wasn't dedicated to TZ and VZ..... doubt our guild will be beating this or even putting in too many more attempts based on what we have seen and hearing more from others.... hope to see someone taking this down ... i'm all about tough events but little out of our league it sounds.... Was really excited to see some hopefully cool loots from this event...
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

A couple of weeks on a raid which is only in game for 6 weeks? :rolleyes:

If it wasn't in an instance we could throw more players at it, as it stands it will only be beaten by a handful of guilds (if at all).

Good use of devs time? Na, I don't think so.
  16. Vlerg Augur

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe RoI got them down to 59% by popping the biggest burn they could before getting overwhelmed by adds...

I Wonder if anyone successfully handled multiple wave of those adds, or if anyone can keep their VZ tanks up for a decent amount of time.
  17. Stubar Augur

There are two major things that really make this raid difficult.

1. The ring of spread the raid out cuz it takes up half the room. (sooooooo much dps loss and deaths from OOR heals)

2. The split that destroys anyone not able to move quickly enough and gets one rounded.

Once those two things become manageable (people figure out how to handle it), patience and a slow and steady strat should take it down.

Will it be farmed after it's beaten? Unless there's some super crazy items on the chest or a ridiculously good aug as a task reward...doubtful.
  18. Ellyra Augur

Just a quick update:

The raid is arguably the most difficult in the game right now. It may take some learning, some dying, and some strat adjustment to beat. That being said, we want to make sure that those who invest the time to learn and attempt the event aren't let down if the event goes away while they're making progress. To ensure that doesn't happen, we're going to make the Plane of War raid a permanent part of the Plane of War.

Additional raid tuning won't be happening anytime soon (since it's been Live less than a week!), though we're always happy to have feedback on how the raid can be improved. There's no reason why we wouldn't adjust tuning in the future if the raid ends up being mostly unbeatable, though we'd like to give those currently attempting it a chance to beat it at its intended difficulty.
    guado, Romance, Ratbo Peep and 11 others like this.
  19. Edrick Augur

One thing I won't deny Elly, you made a fun raid. Although it would be better if there were halflings in the waves you could kill. And thank you for making the raid permanent, I think it's a good decision.
  20. Koneko Augur

I kind of feel that they made the 15th year stuff the way they did both the tasks and the raid more so that it was something to do for more then just one year I mean 100 missions for that bag is not the easiest thing to get done in one sitting