Massive Nerfs Inc - Melee, Tanks, Berserkers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rorce Augur

Melee and Tanks:

Data from Live servers for Rest Rk. III:

Slot 1: Increase Current Endurance by 1704 per tick
    Slot 3: Cap Endurance at 29%

In Game Description:Quickens the rate at which you regain endurance, but only if your reserves are lower than 29 percent of your maximum.

Data from Beta server for Rest Rk. III:

Slot 1: Increase Current Endurance by 1704 per tick
    Slot 2: Sanctuary
    Slot 3: Cap Endurance at 29%

In Game Description:Quickens the rate at which you regain endurance, but only if your reserves are lower than 29 percent of your maximum. This effect will fade if you take an offensive action.

Basically, this entire line was changed so that the buff fades when you enter combat. I think this is going to be a HUGE blow to melee classes, as well as tanks using defensives and aggro abilities.

Berserkers:

Data from Live servers for Furious Rampage:

Rank 1:
    Furious Rampage
    Berserker (AA)
    Slot 1: AE Attack for 60s

Rank 2:
    Furious Rampage
    Berserker (AA)
    Slot 1: AE Attack for 84s

Data from Beta server for Furious Rampage:

Rank 1:
    Furious Rampage
    Berserker (AA)
    Slot 1: AE Attack for 12s

Rank 2:
    Furious Rampage
    Berserker (AA)
    Slot 1: AE Attack for 24s

Another HUGE blow to Berserkers. As if the Rest nerf wasn't bad enough, I'm really at a loss of words here.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Like I said on the Beta forums.

This is a bunch of Malarkey and Shenanigans.

Last i checked all 3 Melee classes had varying degrees of issue with sustainability in comparison to other classes. How in god's name is destroying the little sustainability they had going to help an area they are already behind in.

Also this is going to effect tanks and tank death quite a bit.

No more Rez, Rest, get back in the game and re establish aggro...

Also given the Wizard Claw nerf

and the less recent but still quite inflammatory Necromancer Deathbloom nerf...

I am under the impression the Devs want us to have more downtime to slow us down.

News Flash: Artificially slowing us down by hamstringing us isn't really going to make any of the players happy.
    KC13, Lily, Xeladom and 8 others like this.
  3. feiddan Augur

It goes beyond any offensive action, however.

On a raid, you can't receive buffs from anyone who is in combat, including bard songs, without regaining endurance.
  4. Rorce Augur

Since there were several other nerfs to other classes, I decided to open up EQResources Beta Spells database for the public, for a week or so. This is normally a Premium Member feature.

You can find full logs of Spell changes for the first day of beta (5/7/2014) by clicking here, and can find the spell changes for 5/8 and 5/9 combined by clicking here.

I try to run these Beta parses daily, assuming the Spell files have changed.
  5. Riou EQResource

The enchanter rune nerfs, pet users heals are going up too (probably for pet nerf later :p)

Paladins splash is being gutted for old content based on that early look while current content / new content it will actually have a chance at curing stuff though, but that depends on how you play / boxes etc
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Langya Augur

What is wrong with this dev team? Please explain this new paradigm shift that seems to revolve more around taking away than adding.

Tanks can be called back instead of rezzed and they get some endo. Still, if this nerf goes through its pretty much BS. The devs will probably never go on record and say what their strategy is, but if one has to venture a guess, they can't afford to put out much in the way of anything new, so they will create challenge by nerfing/detuning player characters to make them overall weaker so that mediocre content suddenly becomes a challenge.
  7. alidan Lorekeeper

as much as i dont like asian mmos, they never seem to nerf anything that isn't clearly broken, they just build around the new more powered up players, got to love soe nerfing us to make content more difficult instead of making the content step its game up.
  8. Astran Elder

Interesting that pet weapons are being buffed. Maybe pet procs will get another look soon?
  9. Cicelee Augur

Not my intention to start any debate or bring up an old argument...

We, as players, are constantly calling and wanting other classes to be lessened and made weaker. We, as players, are asking for things that other classes can do that ours cannot (or they do better). My class specifically just went through a 1000+ response thread that *may* result in minor/major changes to a fundamental style of play we have had for over a decade.

Why is it acceptable for the EQ community to spread agendas and demand changes to other classes... but when a EQ developer (the ones who create the game and world we all play in) makes change then there is a revolt against them? Is it a situation where as long as other classes suffer then all is good, but the moment your class is being weakened then it is wrong and evil?

And before anyone gets any ideas... I am against the rest changes. I am in support of positive change and benefits for classes, not negative. But I also have to believe that an EQ developer knows more than I do about all facets of their game with regards to balance. And yes I have stated my disappointment with the lack of challenges as of late, but I still have to believe in the development team. The moment I no longer is the moment I pursue other interests, but for now I believe in them.

Besides. I remember playing in 2000 when the tagline for the game was "You're in our world now". When we have changes, we have to remember that...
    Voragath, sinderkad and Baramos like this.
  10. SaderakhBertox Augur

I can't help but think these changes are 1 piece of a 2 part package. They stated they are releasing new spells/AAs later, so maybe what they have planned there doesn't jive with this. I can also see since these changes are ready, that they make it into the Beta while the others do not. If any of that is accurate, then these changes won't be pushed to Live until they make sense (with new spells/AAs that compensate). Sure, you can easily state that its wrong to take something away, only to offer it as new later on, but I'm sure there's some justification to come soon.

Or I could just be completely nuts, and the truth is that all classes with Rest are now invincible and incapable of death in all scenarios.

I'll be waiting patiently.
  11. Kunon Augur

They talked about it during the Deathbloom nerf. And it was the basis for the new raid. Making mana and endurance resources that have to be managed again since recovery for both had gotten so high.

By doing that it makes it that much easier to create *challenging* content. Just look at the original set up for the new raid with that ridiculous debuff. Just 1 debuff would have lowered guild sustained DPS by an easy 80% or more since it blocked spell crits, shortened DoTs, prevented mana preservation, prevented regaining endurance, penalties for CC, etc. Then they made it 5 stages long to make sure by the end everyone could only use auto-attack.
  12. Langya Augur

Yes, its their game and they can do what they want. Still, when they decide to balance play around taking away character abilities, some of which are rooted in the crappy EQ community and their desire to practice class envy, jealousy and whine constantly instead of trying to mold content around those skills? Yah, that just angers players and creates a general dislike for fellow players as well as the dev team since it allows them to push out uncreative, mediocre content.

Bottom line is that it is two wrongs trying to make a right.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK - Something positive here:
    Regarding Nerfs, Elidroth set a wonderful example of "how to do it right" in this thread about the (then impending) Enchanter "Mental Contortion" nerf.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/enchanters-mental-contortion.208956/
    I was hoping that this approach ushered in a great new standard for the Dev. / Player partnership in isolating and resolving "issues" with regard to abilities that were "more overpowered than intended". That thread serves today (more than ever!) as an example of "Nerf 101".
    Alas, it seems the pendulum swung the other way again. WHY??
    These changes are totally "out of the blue" and lend themselves perfectly to "conspiracy theories" as to the "real reasons" behind them. The timing of this - bundled with an ill received expansion "update" - could not be worse if someone tried to generate a PR nightmare.
    -Rat
  14. Fenudir Augur

I have been spending part of today trying to understand why the devs are making these, strictly in my opinion, amazingly stupid moves. The part that has genuinely boggled me though is that we haven't heard a peep out of them. Nothing. 100% Ivory Tower syndrome.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

No one (that mattered) in that "other thread" you reference, demanded a nerf to Mage pets.
    All that thread did, was point out (and isolate) the huge difference in mitigation of Pets/NPC's vs real players. Now...............
    Since you want so badly to show some connection between your "Mage centric agenda" and this thread, then please illustrate where any of the nerfs mentioned here were preceded by a big thread that tried to isolate problems via data accumulation.
    -R
  16. baramos123 Journeyman

Furious ramp was the only thing that keeps zerkers competitive on burns and overall parses in raids with the nerf I sure hope they are addressing our sustained dps problems in june with the aa patch now that they are gutting both our burst dps as well as what sustained dps we had on longer fights and grouping in general via the rest nerf.
    Leerah, Norathorr and Rorce like this.
  17. Siddar Augur

Necromancer told you all when they nerfed Death Bloom it would end in tears for everyone.
  18. Wayylon Augur

I have to agree 100% with Cicelee before this thread gets locked down like so many others.

Players bring all this on to themselves when they constantly come to the forums and whine... A melee nerf is about the LAST thing anyone expected, but if this is coming rest assured pets are getting thwacked with the bat too.

I'm against any and all nerfs, no matter the class, beaming didnt bother me, swarming didnt bother me, pet tanking doesn't bother me.... but there's a very vocal minority of players who apparently live to see classes they're jealous of get nerfed.

I guess that's the time we live in, everybody gets to suck now, but you'll receive your trophy for participation.
    Baramos and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  19. Langya Augur

Well, with that vastly shorter duration, it won't use as much Endo...so less to regen...with that neutered version of Rest.o_O

As for pets, since this whole nerf is just a huge smorgasbord of stupid, it would not surprise me to see that they end up being unable to be healed by anyone or anything other than their masters. You could probably thank the player community for that and any other nerfs. All the heroes with their parses to back up their smear campaigns against fellow players. Grats on being a bunch of rectum holes. Brav...EFing...O.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Wayylon like this.
  20. alidan Lorekeeper

i dont think anyone calls for nerfs
    people want their class to be better, and they see others doing good, and want to use that as a point "hay they are doing good, why the hell cant we?"
    and for some reason dev logic is all "oh, they are showing us how this class is good, and this one isnt, lets nerf the good one to be bad"

i dont understand why they do this?

i want to dps, but they go out of their way to make me not dps instead of just increasing mobs hp to compensate.
    Lily and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.