Plane of War Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, May 9, 2014.

1. Orbital101 Augur

We dint beat it yet, best we did was a tad under 75% and seemed to get adds underctrol better every go... We found the sneaky trick to the emote. We will probably beat it next week... if we dont then too bad for us and got 1 more years to skill up to beat it next year... nothign to do with difficulty but more likely from people skills. The event is very simple and not new to the veteran, just scaled to our lvl / gears, rest is easy content that we had made people play one handed...
  2. Marshall Maathers Augur

I don't know why people like CaptAmazing would be against the idea of keeping it up longer/permanent such that people who don't beat it within the next few weeks can beat it while it is hard, instead of after a (potential) level increase...

Of course, while I was writing that last sentence, I realized that after all of the nerfs that will probably happen between now and then, maybe next year it will be tougher.
  3. Axxius Augur

You realize that next year it will be irrelevant because we will be lv 105?
  4. Daislet Augur

This is one of the funniest threads I've seen on these forums in a while. Keep it up guys :)
    Obiziana and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Stubar Augur

What really going on is..

Loot is not ready...solution, make the raid uber hard until it's ready, then beat it to death with the nerf bat so it can be split raided.
  6. Vlerg Augur

I'd really like to see that raid permanent, and not temporary... keep the same difficulty for now.

I'm not in a top server-wide guild ( altho we killed all the CoTF raid). we succesfully survived trough a wave of add last night... if we survived one, we can survive a second, right?

make it permanent.. CoTF T2 lvl of gear with that special aug ( like naggy). I enjoy the challenge.. but the limited amount of time we have to do it, not so much.
    Xeladom and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. TYhurvok New Member

8. TYhurvok New Member

One way to make a little easier is.. why not increase the raid size to 72 like all other PoP raids sizes were..
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Due to the amount of organization that would require and the mechanics... Don't you think that would be more detrimental then beneficial?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That was GoD era not PoP.
  11. TYhurvok New Member

Not with a well run guild that knows how to raid..
  12. Makavien Augur

That would only help one guild in eq right now named symphony of arms on the FV server with a 100 person wait list . The rest have members from the top 10 guilds raiding within other guilds on multiple servers you would be kinda surprised how many alts of alts are in the #1 # 10 # 20 # 30 guild in the rankings. Which is another reason this raid is bad the rest of the guilds don't have enough people showing up without the alts of Roi and other top name guilds to even stand a chance at beating this raid till they have it defeated.
  13. Ayoheee Augur

I would love to see a legitimately challenging raid that took time to figure out the mechanics and whatnot. We've already done this raid in Seeds of Destruction. Zero creativity. We all know exactly what we have to do and how to do it and still can't beat it. That, to me, is not fun. I don't want to beat my head against the wall over a raid I already did 50 times.
  14. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Leave it as is and make it permanent.
  15. boukk_sebilis Augur

Unless it droped gear of higher quality than future tiers?
    CaptAmazing likes this.
  16. Axem the Great Journeyman

Maybe they're showing their commitment to future content by giving us our 16th anniversary event early?!
    guado and CaptAmazing like this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

How do people find the time? I am lucky to make 1 raid a week.
    Cicelee likes this.
  18. hakmer Augur

----------------------------
    i'm pretty sure RoI memeber are not a requirement to be able to beat a raid... in fact guilds would probably be better off just getting a mage and their pet to replace them if they have issues not showing up for raids.
  19. Deloehne Augur

I'm OK with the difficulty of the raid. I get what folks are saying about the duration of the event, but it seems to me that Anniversary events are always time limited. Perhaps a compromise would be to extend the event for 4 to 6 weeks after the time it gets beaten by the second guild serverwide.
    Yinla and Ravengloome like this.
  20. Daislet Augur

Well there is a pretty valid argument for pet tanking Vallon. Pets don't get FD'd, you can still put your rangers on Vallon, and the melee DPS can just concentrate on adds.