Pet Mitigation: Parses and Discussion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daegun, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iila Augur

I should say that the nights where I get good DPS parses have bad heal numbers, and vise-verse. Our ONE combo nuke+heal isn't even on my spell bar most nights when I'm DPSing because it's worse than my other DPS spell options. I've had a bunch of people ask about our new remote, not realizing that it's a worse version of our old one, and shares a timer.

Being able to place well in the one AE friendly fight of the expansion apparently negates the fact that my single target dps is less than 50% of real dps classes on every other fight, in either burn or sustained. And that I have no AE healing or good HoTs like the other priests. The only real gain I've had out of the past 2 years of AAs and spells is that my group heal refreshes fast enough to actually heal my group (yay!), and that my 2nd big nuke somehow didn't share a timer with the previous expansion's version.

Basically, don't extend what I'm able to do in RoI's structure of great healing, tanking, and DPSing to the rest of the druids that may not have as solid of a core to work with. There's plenty of nights/events where I don't place highly on any kind of parse, but I keep my casters alive and patch heal/res enough tanks to keep our raids running smoothly.

I have no clue what any of this has to do with pet, tank or druid mitigation via AC, but oh well.
  2. Repthor Augur

Lila we are just trying to tell you we <3 you !!! thats all
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

So you keep saying however repetition doesn't make it true no matter how much you would love to hold onto your elevated place in the tanking hierarchy (at least the ability to soak damage aspect without which the aggro portion isn't of much value, 'look ma! I'm tanking! I'm tanking! I'm tan... oh I'm dead').

Our best nuke has a chunk of extra aggro by design, our most recent instant cast DPS ability is huge aggro and again this appears to be completely intended, the Enraging Kick line ("Unleashes a pair of crescent kicks to your target's head, causing increased anger") serves virtually no other purpose, the only decent DoT we have is basically a delivery vehicle for the sizeable and long last damage shield recourse on whoever is tanking. Taunt since day one, the ability to use shields and at least some of the supporting shield related AAs not to mention a plethora of AC/damage shield self buffs since forever.

As things stand if it wasn't for a weapon imbue which by its very nature can never be relied on I shudder to think how much further behind Monks we'd be due to the yawning disparity caused by Block. I won't claim to speak for Rogues (or Zerkers) but I fail to see why possibly the best geared Rogue serverwide cannot tank mobs that a much more modestly geared Monk could.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt I'm told you've been away from the game a very long time and missed a lot.
  4. Zellic Elder

Hmm, did we not spend 40+ pages determining the fact that mitigation>avoidance from a tanking perspective? And rangers mitigate and monks avoid? Just saying p
  5. Tornicade_IV Augur

pet mitigation and then merc mitigation has always been superior than the players. the key factor here avoidance and often on gets hit. over the course of a fight 95% of the time players are gonna be more effective than these pet tanks. if its not its an issue with tuning.

time to show the other half and display the bottom line number. plenty of named in cotf to show a wide sprectrum parse. 10k or more swings please per mob. If warrior or tank in general want improvements its not going to be based off pet tanking.
  6. Repthor Augur

theres no need to pu tup any other parses . thread topic is clear and parses show by a big margnal that pets take hits better then warriors whos sopose to be the KINGS of mitigating dmg thats how we tank we smooth out spikes to make healign easyer thats OUR thing. pets out do us even when we stack debuffs to put the warrior is a much better favorble spot. and when same debuff gets applyed in favor of the pets they flat out destroy us.

theres no need for any more wild gooze chase parses. its all layed out here. if u think thease parses are made up and flat out wrong go ahead parse it up guys show us the parses are wrong then we can talk more
    Xeladom and Elricvonclief like this.
  7. hakmer Augur

If i didn't read thread after thread about how nothing is challenging anymore and that u want raid chase items on vendors because you have won (x amount of raids here) and blah blah blah.. i might see a purpose to this thread. Unfortunately, with the immense amount of lack of challenge people are complaining about, this thread looks more like a jealousy thing, than it does a problem. You need more challenge but you want to trivialize content even more with better mitigation.
    Group melee classes have had to deal with being outperformed by mercs for a long time. Suck it up.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

SOE has already adjusted pets and some events several times. The key issue has always been pets performing as well as and in some cases better than tanks given a broad spectrum of abilities (Shiftie listed some in an earlier post).

On some ocassions SOE's resposce has been fairly dramatic.

I would think that to avoid such changes no one would pretend that there's nothing to see here, nothing to see in group content, and that pets are never used in raids as tanks. The cat is out of the bag. It would be better to increase the toolset actual tank classes bring to the role than some alternatives.

I don't think DPS classes so jealous of tanks that they would defend co-opting their role have a very strong case.
  9. Siddar Augur

No where is it set in stone that warriors are the kings of passive mitigation.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

pets are designed INTENTIONALLY to have better baseline mitigation. all their other abilities are set to the minimum.. if you want to show an imbalance or demonstrate that pets are inddeed superioir tanks for whatever reason numberwise. then you need to show the numbers. all of them. otherwise its just a misrepresentation of the facts. Overall tanking and mitigation arent the same thing. if people are looking at it that way perhaps that is where the real problem lies. Im not sure when a warrior has ever had better pure mitigation than a pet. i know pets baseline mitigation was superrioir dating back to Gate of discord. where content tuning exposed some flaws in class balance overall.. im not seeing any issue of flaws in class balance overall except that there is a tuning problem with strikethrough on a few mobs.
    Voragath likes this.
  11. Repthor Augur

even if we add activate mitigation we get destroyed when it comes to warriors, parses in this thread clearly shows it
  12. Battleaxe Augur

I don't think denial is going to be particularly effective given parses, a long history of pet walls being used in raids (and SOE knows it), some classes being able to solo mobs other classes must group, etc.

Nor to I think throw the tanks a 5% mitigation increase, tone down strikethrough on a couple of mobs, and pat tanks on the head is going to be acceptable - not to tanks and not to SOE.
  13. Repthor Augur

ooh and keep in mind most of the warrior parses in this very thread is made by close to 100% max raid geared warrior vs group focused pets. the number only gets worse when u compare group tanks vs group focused pets
    Xeladom, Elricvonclief and Leerah like this.
  14. Tornicade_IV Augur

its not about denial its about as paul harvey says showing the rest of the story. all these parses had the figures could of very well shawn the mob raw dps and its was disregarded. this take things out of context. as far as using pet tanks on a few attempts.. is there really a problem with that? some of those mechanics are thrown in intentionally to achieve such a goal and assure mages keep their place on the rotation for something other than coth where they are actually allowed to use.. this thread doesnt show what it thinks its showing. its mirroring what is common knowledge amongst the players and Devs. why hide the numbers.
  15. Tornicade_IV Augur

i also wanted to add the premise that because pets tanking mechanic is solely based on mpassive mitigation there is an issue. is very flawed essentially because it doesnt represent overall tanking which is calculated vastly different for npc's than player characters.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

I would think solong mobs Warriors must group, saving the day with a pet wall when the tanks go down in a raid etc. shows how its "calculated" sir.

BTW, as Shiftie pointed out in an earlier post in this thread, it's not just mitigation (pet heals, swarm pets, pets not having res/summoning sickness, etc.)
  17. Siddar Augur

18. Siddar Augur

None of parses in this thread show that,
  19. Repthor Augur

if u flip back some pages u will see there is a parse showing that made by makavian
  20. Siddar Augur

Cant find it can you go back to it and use quote on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.