AC vs ACv2?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sirene_Fippy, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Kelefane Augur

So in other words, we are back to the old school. More AC the better?

So are the people stacking either Hdex or Hagi despite the AC on the aug, shooting themselves in the foot? Lets say you have a 45ac/8Hsta aug (example) and someone wants to use a 32ac/7Hagi aug over it. Is that a good choice? Bad choice? 13 raw AC loss for 7Hagi?
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You should have changed "may" to "will" :D
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You know when Dzarn likes this post we have problems :D
  4. taliefer Augur

it would appear raw ac is king, as its a direct 1:1 value, whereas even though agi seems to affect both "avoidance ac" and "mitigation ac" it gets all kinds of funky eq math done to it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Random_Enchanter Augur

we do not know as this is only half (at best) of the combat formula. for now we can only make a determination in Migitation AC, not total Migitation as we do not have them forumulas
  6. Triconix Augur

flash is only parry, what would account for ripostes? And before you suggest it, I don't use furious.
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

using rAC in the sense it is used on evilgamer and TSW - 'real ac', not 'raw ac'.
    rAC is your AC after the softcap.

no, i'm not wrong. and yes, it does.

this has nothing to do with what i actually said.

no, he posted how the calculation is written - what part of 'it's been common knowledge that ac from hstr is bugged and is not working' is confusing to you?
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Equation for Mitigation AC, rewritten for visibility:

[IMG]

This is not displayed AC - this is the portion of AC that the server uses. Note that due to integer math, you can't just plug in values and get the exact answer, but it gives a better visual idea of what's going on. Also note, for INT casters, Defense/2 and AC(AA's)/3 (instead of 3 and 4).
  9. taliefer Augur

it seems to me we are getting the effects of ac from Hstr, or the real example he posted using his character wouldnt have added up correctly.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Nobody speaks that language you are writing here! Take your heathen language elsewhere! :D
  11. Astran Elder

AC on augs is not 1:1 value. It's not used at all in the avoidance calculation, and it's subject to the softcap in the mitigation calculation.

AGI has a miniscule effect on mitigation (1/20 of agi, also subject to the softcap). A warrior with 1400 AGI adds about 24 AC into the mitigation calculation from all that AGI, and warriors have the best multiplier of any class.

If you want avoidance, you want AGI (including hAGI). If you want mitigation, you want AC. If you can parry and/or riposte, hDEX helps with that, assuming you're fighting something without 100% strikethrough. Ideally, you want all three of these, but the ratio of what's best will fluctuate depending on your class and what you're fighting.
  12. Tornicade_IV Augur

Ill catch ya online and figure out some proper parse parameters
  13. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

This was changed during SoF Beta and Monks were not moved off the knight table i believe they were increased and knights increased even more so, and all other classes increased varying amounts as well to, so now some classes equal monks like bards and clerics etc. Monks were just not brought up as high as knights during this time.
  14. Tearsin Rain Augur

as i recall, monks were brought up to where knights were at the time, and then knights and wars were increased even further.
  15. roth Augur

As I recall .. Bards and Clerics had their softcap and overcap rates equalized at that point, Monks and Rangers were moved up to what was until then the Knight values, and Knights + warriors were moved up from there.

I find it rather interesting that the base AC softcap and overcap returns for Monks are below that of Rangers. I'd been under the impression that they were the same for both classes.
  16. Kelefane Augur

Has any of this changed the way that anyone here looks at augs now? And future aug choices? Is anyone doing any wholesale reauging in light of this thread? If so, from what to what?
  17. Torriadore Elder

Yeah I'm going full hp augs now. All these maths make my head hurt.
    Fenthen, Tarvas and Kelefane like this.
  18. Engineer Augur

At any point, did any dev turn to another dev and say, "You know... this equation might be getting a tad unwieldy."? It's worse than credit default swaps.

I know it was mentioned that this fluffy AC number we see in game may be replaced by something tangible (soon^TM). WoW has you beat by 10 years, but better late than never.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Casidia Augur

^ you should be glad there are still topics like that to talk about.
    Everyone having the same gear these days is boring enuf.
  20. Kelefane Augur

Time to break out the Anguish and Demiplane augs :(