How to deal with a 150k hitter in a group?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Pwnography Augur

Ill have to come check out the named when I fly back home on Friday. Mainly, how long is the empowered lasting, and when? If its a low-hp thing, I don't see a survivability being an issue. Warriors can spike to 230k+ temporarily while running Last Stand and damage mitigation buffs. Not saying it'd be easy to cope with, but give me two clerics and it'd fall over. It sounds tuned for multiple groups - so, I wouldn't have faith in your cleric mercs. :p
  2. Axxius Augur

Is that whoever kills the trash that pops the Judicator? Owns Judicator's corpse for 2 minutes even if a totally different group kills it? :eek:
  3. Riou EQResource

Yep, whoever spawns it seems to get kill credit until corpse unlock even if some one else KS's it or ganks it after you wipe and are recovering, there is an emote about a band of ambushers jacking your mob or something then it says it reverts the privilege of spoils back to you or something :p, we saw it like 2 or 3 times on Test! lol
  4. Axxius Augur

Why would anybody design it like that? It doesn't seem to make any sense. o_O
  5. Riou EQResource

Well The Judicator is required to flag for Castle Tamrel and Castle Rulnavis (you have to kill him and loot the flag 2x per toon, 1 for each Castle), if some mean guild always KS's you to get drops faster and that, it's probably prevention from stuff like that or ganking your mob after wipe.

I don't think you fight over spawning him either, it seems just based on like chain killing count or something for you / your group
  6. Axxius Augur

But then it opens the way to a much worse abuse: flag your chars by killing trash until the Judicator spawns, then go AFK and wait for a real group to come and kill it. They have to kill it, otherwise they'll have to deal with 2 of them. And once they kill it, your char comes and loots the quest drop 100% LEGALLY. o_O
  7. Sinestra Augur

Sounds like either way someone gets the shaft and neither is worse than the other.
  8. Kreacher Augur

1. Pet tanking
    2. Shaman DA + silent casting casters.
    3. Pet swarming
    4. Deflections/WS/Fort/Embalmer's Carapace/Deftdance with/without pets
    5. Straight up tanking
  9. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Along with getting Rampant Growth Rk. III Druids can throw this buff on a tank Spirit of the Bear and have extension AA's for it EQ:Extended Spirit of the Bear.
    Plus Druids can throw this on a tank as well Third Spire of Nature Trigger (Yeah I know not a lot now a days on Druids 3rd spire but its still there)
    Also they can throw on Convergence of Spirits for small AC boost and Swirl of Fireflies (A weak version of D.I. of sorts, goe's in song window so doesn't mess with Cleric D.I.) I got these all on one hotkey macro (Except 3rd Spire).
    Yeah I know the Duration sucks so nothing to get excited about. Will be good for the first minute or so, so DPS better be super high. LOL!
    Also throw this on a tank before engage Wrath of the Wild and PRAY that Diminshing Blows rate mod 400
    fires. (Only fires about 25% of the time I'm guessing, should be 100% of the time IMO)
  10. silku Augur

1. Find a raid tank
    2. Find real healers
    3. find dps that know what they are doing.
    4. hope
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

1. Get non-boxed support classes.
    2. Get non-boxed tank non-merc tank
    3. Get non-boxed non-merc healer

win
    Mykaylla likes this.
  12. Jyve Augur

Pff, just kite it!
  13. savrin Augur

I would go with getting a bunch of mages and other pets classes and kill it like people did for xorbb1 mino, BD raid, etc and dh2 and other hard hitting mobs. I would bet that is the easiest way to get it down.

Unless you are bringing a raid force and can easily beat hard hitter raids tanks are probably getting one or two rounded when it powers up so best to use pets since for whatever a lot of them are so broken powerful defensively it don't matter a lot of times. Can just chain cast them and range fight it until it dies like most raid guilds do for a lot of these hard raids in cotf.
  14. Draego Augur

I am not certain why you apparently took offense to my previous posting which was only meant for its educational value, but it is highly apparent that you took offense and decided to attempt turning this into a pissing match EDIT: heated debate.

So with that said, I will simply state that for each ability you have linked Shaman have a way to counter. So please understand the post was not about which class is better, it was designed to be informative to the OP and anyone else who may not have the experience in dealing with or grouping with certain classes on a norm.

Since you tried to dissect my posting however, I will simply state that I was very aware of Druid abilities as well. However, your link for Convergence of Spirits (3rd from being the most powerful version) is not the strongest link available, this is the comparible Shaman link Union of Spirits (6th from being the most powerful version).

Convergence linked by Siwin breakdown: (for those who don't want to follow the links)
    Increase HP when cast by 6210
    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 3900 per tick
    Increase Damage Shield by 180
    Increase AC by 174

Union breakdown:
    Increase Str Cap by 190
    Increase Agi Cap by 190
    Increase Dex Cap by 190
    Increase HP when cast by 6510
    Increase AGI by 190
    Increase STR by 190
    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 4250 per tick
    Increase DEX by 190

I have linked the most powerful versions here; Convergence of Spirits even as good as that ability is it pales when compared to the Shaman version Union of Spirits .

Most powerful Convergence breakdown:
    Increase HP when cast by 6810
    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 4100 per tick
    Increase Damage Shield by 200
    Increase AC by 180

Most powerful Union breakdown:
    Increase Str Cap by 240
    Increase Agi Cap by 240
    Increase Dex Cap by 240
    Increase HP when cast by 23225
    Increase AGI by 240
    Increase STR by 240
    Increase Hitpoints v2 by 16750 per tick
    Increase DEX by 240

PS: Oh yeah I forgot to mention above that even though Allas doesn't identify that Union increases AC, it indeed does raise this as well when cast.

PSS: However none of this really matters to me concerning my Pally because he always travels with my boxed Shaman and my wife plays one ot the top 100 Druids on CT.
  15. porky Augur

Spirit of the Bear doesn't stack with http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=38263 or http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=38009. Both of which are much better buffs. Druids get screwed again!
  16. Makavien Augur

150 k hitter = max of 600 k a round no tank no matter what you have is going to survive that without fortitude or deflection which mobs in powar have a buff that hits through both of those discs so raid geared or not if you let them power up to 150 k hits you will wipe.

And pet tanking also powers up mobs in pow would not suggest even allowing pets to get top of the hate list.
  17. Sinestra Augur

I thought negating older abilities and skills was fun and refreshing?
    Obiziana likes this.
  18. Dandin Augur

This zone forces players to think outside the box with their characters. And let's face it, besides the odd min maxer, a lot of the player base has settled into a standard rotation that is repetitive and easy in nature. They don't see the potential for the class to do more then what they typically use it for.

And why should they? If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Then they enter the Plane of War.

AE agro modifiers, named mechanics that ignore pet tanking and other "box friendly" strategies slap them in the face.
    Agro rules, mob group subtypes and heavy hitting named force people outside the "rotation friendly"

A lot of people are going to despise this zone.
    But for a player that understands his abilities? This zone is a blast.

Tash slow. (AE hate mod applied) silent casting, Nuke nuke nuke,
    OH A PATHING MOB!!
    No mezz no root no stun!
    Punt and fast blur! Safe,
    (AE agro mod)
    Grab hate off the tank and drag it out of PATHING range.
    Continue DPS

This isn't a zone that is new player friendly. Do some research. And you will do well
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. savrin Augur

This zone reminds of the old style EQ where everything was scary and hard. I hope the zone is up forever and not just for the anniversary stuff(not sure if they meant just the mission and task for for anniversary).

I may not group there a lot until more powerful but I applaud soe for giving at least one zone that rewards you and is challenging. 99% of the group game can be boxed no reason why they can't have one anti-boxing zone.
    Mykaylla and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  20. Axxius Augur

Just wait a week, or maybe a month, until all the 'secrets' are discovered and posted on Alla and EQR. You don't tank 150k hitters. They don't hit for 150k unless you let them power up. All that stuff is only new and scary at first. It's only been 1 day.