Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. WDWolf Journeyman

Locking PoW progression behind a trade skill item with a rare component that drops off of maybe 10-12 mobs in one zone (trees in PoE) is kinda annoying. I understand raid guilds are gonna farm them until their members all have one, and that's okay, but we need more mobs that drop this item.
  2. Tarrin Augur

20 people in PoEarth, all fighting over the same handful of mobs you can 1 shot. Its such a horrible experience.

I am basically watching 1 spawn point and checking back every 15 minutes.
  3. Edrick Augur

They're from a level 65 expansion, raid guilds aren't going to have an advantage over you in Plane of Earth. Happy hunting!
    moogs and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Tarrin Augur

I can't wait to see this cluster.....during prime time hours.
    Fanra and Grelthur like this.
  5. Rorce Augur

It's definitely rough. The worst part is that someone can lock down the spawns long after they get what they need - in an attempt to gather bows to sell as well as making it extremely difficult for others to get the pieces unless they purchase from said person.
    mcdeath likes this.
  6. Drakang Augur

They really need to jack the repop rate in Earth way up if they are going to leave this the way it is.
  7. Zarzac Augur

This should truly create some war.
  8. Tarrin Augur

Too bad the only war people will see in a while doesn't actually take place in the Plane of War
  9. Zarzac Augur

lol
    WTS Stonewood Compound Bow 30m plat !!
  10. Grelthur Elder

I can already see the ridiculous price gouging going on and people perma-camping this. Also, the inevitable flood of people griping about it and demanding that something be done. Maybe I'll get lucky and my hoarding has paid off and I have one of these stuck in a bank slot somewhere, LOL.
  11. WDWolf Journeyman

I agree I can one shot 'em with my Instants. Problem is I need 2. Raid guilds need, 54? I don't mind sharing spawns with raid guilds and others I just think we need more mobs or faster re-spawn rate. I was hoping to see POW today beyond the courtyard, but, seems I will be in POE all day.
  12. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Been here an hour and a half at least today with my bard and SK killing almost every pop. Haven't seen a single one yet....

By the time I ragequit, I will look at logs and see how many tree's I went through with zero drops.
  13. Tarrin Augur

Bow for sale listed on povar bazaar, 500k!
    Leerah and Grelthur like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea the drop isn't very common I was there a few nights ago and got 5 in like 2 - 2.5 hours or so killing every tree in zone. The respawn time wasn't that good for even a soloer cant imagine it now with tons of people in zone.

Andarriel
  15. Grelthur Elder

...and now proof of ridiculous price gouging. Perfect chance to study economics here. :rolleyes:
  16. Tarrin Augur

I am watching my 1 spawn point with an alarm set for 15 mins, while I am Netflixing.

Its amazingly exciting.
  17. Sinestra Augur

Hehe, this is hilarious. I hope they leave it like it is.
    Leerah and Edrick like this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's the Flame Igniter of 2014? Sounds swell.
  19. Pwnography Augur

This is why I pre-farmed the three I'd need. Lol. I warned everyone on Bertox to get farming ahead of time. I suppose others weren't so kind in the general chats on your servers last week.
    Jimmi likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

you need a stonewood bow for progression?