[Enchant Palladium] Are you KIDDING me!?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by guado, Mar 31, 2014.

1. guado Augur

Rant incoming, and I'll already reply for the first wise crack response: "go gold or eat a krono"

My enchanter is currently a SILVER member, over the AA cap. I am irate at the moment.

I am to enchant palladium for a part of the #7 Shawl 2.0 Quest, which is the longest quest in EverQuest.

I've been told that the enchanter abilities "Enchant Palladium, Trio Enchant Palladium and Mass Enchant Palladium" are separate abilities that go under the CLASS AA TAB once you activate the ability for the first time.

I am unable to do so because of the AA CAP. This is absolutely ridiculous. No other REGULAR RANK 1 SPELL is limited like this.

I have petitioned a request to be GRANTED the three abilities that I have paid for IN GAME: "Enchant Palladium, Trio Enchant Palladium and Mass Enchant Palladium." Granted it was under 10 platinum, the principal stands: I paid for an ability that my class can use... let me use it.... or warn me that I can't use it without being gold *prior* to purchase.

I'm not spending 7500pp for one combine, when my alt should be able to ENCHANT PALLADIUM AFTER AUTOGRANTING AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

/endrant
  2. RPoo Augur

Should be plenty of gold enchanters able to make the item you need.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Leerah like this.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

Agreed.
    But there was a "scam" going, where SC would sell you "Expedient Delivery Vouchers" without warning you first that your cash purchase was locked behind an expansion purchase and otherwise useless.
    Being up front about everything is just good business.
    -R
  4. Edrick Augur

Nah. That title would belong to Breakdown in Communication.
    Fenthen, Dre., Moklianne and 6 others like this.
  5. guado Augur

Also, SONY: if you're going to unlock an expansion, please do it correctly.

When Luclin was unlocked, Vex Thal, and the area to Emperor Ssra opened
    Same with any other keyed area to a keyed zone.

NOT in Underfoot. Convorteum is open, every zone and area is open EXCEPT the North locked room in Brell's Temple.

I'd like to play a game where each developer has to play the game they develop. It feels like EverQuest is being managed by a "General MMO Team" not a devoted "EverQuest 1" team.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

If the Devs played the game to get really good at it then there wouldn't be any development going on. I guess we could ask for an expansion every other year so the Devs would have time to play through the entire expansion on every class to get a good feel for everything. Maybe they could even lead raids. Yeah...
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  7. Lazy automation Elder

IIRC I did that on my chanter it worked like a scribed ability, it wasnt grinded as aa out. It was right click the scroll and it was on my aa tab.

Its a locked door. Other lock doors arent open, VT still has locked doors, hell think seb crypt still has locked door. You have a raid geared druid, the task line was butt easy, do it and get the key. Hell get somebody in you guild with the key to open it for you.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

Doesn't matter how the AA is earned, one still can't acquire the ability if over the Silver cap. All my original characters can't even claim the "Summon Hero's Journey" AA.
  9. Lazy automation Elder

Really? it seemed to work like a vet aa iirc. It clicked on a scroll and go the ability. If it is true that sucks and they need to fix it for these type of abilities.
  10. Marshall Maathers Augur

People have been complaining about not getting the Vet AAs if they over limit with their Silver Heroic Characters as well, so I could see this being a problem as well.
  11. Trajet D'Or Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7297
    Hero of the Journey is the longest quest in EQ, BiC is merely a small part of the quest.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=37589
    >>>Ability<<<: Enchant Palladium

It tells you in game that it's an AA and you can't currently gain more AA on your Enchanter. I'm not sure how much more warning you expect. Here is a 2007 post on the mob, this isn't a recent change:

He also now sells:

Ability: Enchant Palladium 3pp 1gp 4sp 9cp
    Ability: Enchant Palladium Trio 3pp 1gp 4sp 9cp
    Ability: Mass Enchant Palladium 3pp 1gp 4sp 9cp

These are used from a top level inventory slot, and once used, appear on the AA list. They are all set on the same reset timer.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't have any problem with that door being locked, it's not hard to do the quest to get the key.

The thing that REALLY bothers me is that the keystone won't go on your keyring. They put the keyring in the game to make it so you don't have to carry keys and then they don't use it? Every key in the game should go on the keyring. One would suspect it's a cynical attempt to make us buy more big bags, but I think it is more a case of them just not caring enough to get the details right.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  13. Astran Elder

Wait until he finds out that the end aug is prestige.
  14. Obiziana Augur

This happened on my silver heroic wizard. When I claimed the vet rewards the AAs never appeared in my AA window.
  15. Trajet D'Or Augur

The Shawl isn't for the Silver Enchanter so prestige isn't an issue. The "problem" is they wasted the time and 10 plat to try to get the ability since someone in Bazaar was selling Enchanted Palladium for 7500pp.

They pay nothing for the Enc and they can log it on anytime for whatever the Enc can already do but can't gain new AAs so they are outraged and are petitioning and starting a thread on this crucial issue. It's totally unfair that the character they don't pay for can't gain new abilities.
    Fenthen, Genoane and Kicaz like this.
  16. Kicaz New Member

17. Dandin Augur

If your on Bristlebane, I'll make you the item, free of charge
  18. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

While I do appreciate Sony making the game free to play so I can log in even if not on a gold account to chat or log in old alts. If you are going to actively play and enjoy the game... just pay them 15 bucks, best entertainment dollar around.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

enchanting should have stayed as spells
    Fenthen, Leerah and RPoo like this.
  20. Edrick Augur

guado, Draego, Chartrusejello and 2 others like this.