Test Update 03/26/14

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by KevinMcP, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Falos Augur

Any chance those lock agro on caster spells can get changed? Kind of unpleasant and not feasible to manage if super hard hitting mobs with nasty debuffs lock agro on a healer or fragile dps class and there is pretty much nothing a tank can do to pull agro off them. Lock agro mechanics are one of the worst group mechanics out there these days.
  2. Axxius Augur

Oh heh, guess it reappeared on progression servers. :)
  3. Ayoheee Augur

Menders are buffing themselves with "virtue of war": increase maximum hitpoints by 40%. They need to also increase hitpoints when cast by 40%. It's knocking mobs into summoning range on pulls.
  4. Ayoheee Augur

When you zone into The Plane of War it says "Entering Plane of War". Its called "The Plane of War", not "Plane of War".
  5. Gr8fuldave Augur

Dzarn,

Will you please confirm that the ultra rare drops will not (for the foreseeable future) drop in HAs? I would like some closure one way or the other to this. Its really bumming me out!
  6. JChan Developer

Thanks for reporting. We'll get this fixed for Live and the next Test update.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It makes a lot of difference when you have some of these debuffs on you, they're brutal:

[42174] Stumbling Stance
    Endurance: 1000
    Target: Hatelist
    Range: 600', AE Range: 600'
    Resist: Physical -900, Max Resist Chance: 25%
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 60s (10 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=173 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Riposte Chance
    2: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=188 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Block Chance
    3: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=222 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Back Block Chance
    4: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=320 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Shield Block
    5: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=405 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Two Hand Blunt Block Chance
    6: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=174 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Dodge Chance
    7: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=175 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Parry Chance
    8: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=172 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Avoid Melee Chance
    9: SPA 382 Base1=0 Base2=224 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Inhibit Effect: Additional Riposte Skill
    Text: You begin to stumble.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Based on that patch message, the rare items are never going to drop from HA's again. Can a dev clarify this?
  9. Smallpox Augur

HATE the changes to the item window. Why change this?
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Falos Augur

I'd love to hear the official word as well since when they were removed it felt implied that they would return.

My guess is if they do not return to HA's it means they were unable to figure out how to solve the problem of the items dropping WAYYYY to frequently in certain conditions, it may not have been an easy fix.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It was only a few mobs that did it, so surely it can't be that hard. It would be a horrible decision to exclude the big feature of CoTF... the static zones aren't very much fun.
  12. Snowman Augur

Can we get a list of all the mounts and which run speed they are - or could you even add the information on each mount as you inspect it ...
  13. Ayoheee Augur

Its actually shadowblades of zek not shades of zek that backstab, correcting myself from earlier.
  14. sinderkad Augur

is the 3% AA per kill intentional? That seems a bit harsh, especially since you can go an hour or 2 with no named and all your effort amounts to 1AA
  15. Zarzac Augur

I thought there was a note earlier about it saying the xp would be really bad. I think that's fairly intentional as this is a "come for the loot only" type of zone as I understand it.

I get if you want to disable the fling of hate's attraction and other similar abilities; is it possible however to still have the hate component work without the fling? That ability is used for aggro generation as much as it is for pulling.
  16. sinderkad Augur

First I'd like to say I love the zone design and the open feel of it. I like the challenge of the mobs as well. I liked the progression quest so far (though it is VERY confusing sometimes, with seemly no hints at certain points)
    I do find the current spawn rate and general mob setup to be strange though.
    I'd like the know the design philosophy for the named spawn. How is it balanced with such crazy re-spawn rates? If the spawn rate is decrease to compensate then it will be very hard to figure which spawns are actually PHs and once we do those are the only mobs that will be pulled, since that will be the only mobs people have time to kill at the current rate? (and Xp is meaningless here) Many mobs that i pull repop Instantly after being killed atm.
  17. sinderkad Augur

I can appreciate that this zone is more designed for loot, but why 3%? isnt that too low? This will only encourage people not to group with others since the ONLY reward is loot. When people have bad luck with the RNG or /random and have played for hours with NO reward people will end up hating grouping here and rather box. (even more than the incentive is already to box)
    A small amount of xp wouldn't hurt as long as its better to go elsewhere if exp is your main goal.
  18. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

Really not happy with the items not dropping in HA anymore. HA were/are a massive part of CoTF and there has to be ways so that drops can still be at your intended values. If you're worried about people steamrolling and regetting without having to wait for static zone repops, just increase the timer...heck even an hour between them. Having them drop purely in the static zones gives a whole new meaning to grind.
  19. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Fast repops $

Crowding $

Limited pulling mechanics $

Broke the recent mold cookie cut progression $

Come on War!
  20. Vanda Journeyman

Please implement the rare drops back into Heroic Adventures or make the items no-drop.