So are the rest of us getting the trials and norraths keepers now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thaargor, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The heroic chars have an additional bonus over just the AA grant, I have no issue with that, especially in a few days these won't be free.

The way I look at it is those who get the Auto Grant AAs have the chance to do DoN & MPG trials when they are at the relevant levels, those who go Heroic don't. Also the AA grant is free on all toons, the Heroic Chars are a one off unless you pay for it.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Only Gold members were going to get Trials and 4/5 DoN AAs when they went Heroic; and it was my understanding that if you did Auto-grant as Gold then you also got the Trials and 4/5 DoN AAs. If that is not the case then I most definitely have a huge issue with it. The Heroic characters do not deserve to be given the Trials & DoN AAs for doing nothing, especially when they already have a stupidly easy way to get ALL tiers of Journeyman mercs that only they can do. Either put the Trials & 4/5 DoN AAs on the Auto-grant or remove them from the Heroic characters.

They are getting WAY more than enough for the 3500 SC that the Heroic characters cost without giving them these Progression AAs while excluding other players. 85 levels, all of the non-progression AAs they can have at 85, a full set of level appropriate gear, 15k plat, 100 Bayle Marks, a stack of stat food, a stack of stat drink, and a fast easy way to get all of the Journeyman Merc tiers solo (if you are gold). That is more than worth what they are paying for without screwing over long term players by giving away progression AAs. If a person has actually played and is a subscriber they should not be required to do even more work than those who pay for HCs do.

Give them to everyone over 85, give them to everyone who does the Auto-grant, or remove them from the Heroic characters.

No idea where that idea is coming from. Maybe the Rank 1 spells you haven't gotten but not heard or read anything saying rank 2 spells.
  3. silku Augur

I up graded my 99 sk, he had mostly rank 1s. Now he has rank 2 spells and rank two tomes.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You sure that isn't a bug?
  5. Derd Augur

Actually Xianzu, your wrong. They never said it was gold only for don and mpg and in fact Roshen posted that he would look into it when it appeared only gold were actually receiving them.

We're looking into this now. I feel like Heroic Characters should be getting the same AA's regardless of the status of a players account.
    Roshen, Mar 14, 2014

It's not been brought back up by anyone officially since that post though. And i'll repeat why I believe they did include don and mpg aa's along with a easier merc task plus including aug rewards for doing the feerot and hot lower progression quests... in a couple days those free HC's will cost 35 dollars. For a new player forking out 35 bucks more or even for a older player who wants to play a new class, that's a pretty decent deal time wise and reward wise. Haven't upgraded a above 85 but taking what a few people have posted as the truth... that seems to be another fairly decent value if for 35 bucks you can have all rank 2's some skill upgrades and 15 k plus the bayles marks and if you've never geared it up at least a liveable set of gear and augs available if you spend a night in feerot.

The aa autogrant program, never included Don and Mpg aa's I don't know where you read that either, I am fairly sure I've read all the official statements and I do not recall seeing that in any of them. You may have a huge issue with it I don't understand why, but autogrant is....free and anyone can use it that wants to.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Last week, we spent about 2 hours running around getting a whole group their MPG trials. (Most of the time was spent running, or waiting for events to move on).
    Tonight some folks needed vishimtar, so we did it. Very easy event nowadays.

I really don't see a problem with some rewards not being handed to you on a silver platter. As a non-heroic character you've had years to earn them, and they are very easy to do even non-heroic nowadays.
    Kelefane and Yinla like this.
  7. Kelefane Augur

I agree.

Besides, its kind of fun going back and doing that old stuff. Its all trivia now. Characters these days can just pretty much walk into the zones and fart in the events/bosses general direction and it falls over dead. Its easy stuff.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  8. silku Augur

That I'm not sure about. I just assumed it was part of the heroic system, in order to entice more peopel to spend $35 bucks on existing characters as well.
  9. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I have done these all before on my main and have helped a lot of others to do them when they were current, and well after they weren't current. But wanting to do them now, again, not so much.

I've honestly have been dreading thinking about doing these over again on my Alt. Mostly now because of the time it takes to do them plus some things like Vishimtar the Fallen annd some other raids in DoN. You still need 6 real people to get the instance, and just the raid mechanics alone require you to drag people there to do them if I remember. And why would someone want to help you with your alt on these? Plus the faction grind. Unless they changed it all?!?! I don't know to be honest, I haven't looked up all the current info on these.

The Matta Trials still have the 4 hour lockouts per trial still or something like that don't they? Doe's it still need 3 real people in the instance to do them?
    Just me and my other account. That means i'd have to drag someone along to do them. Thats a time sink that real life responsibilities makes it difficult to get done.

The time sink in doing these again doe's not sound like fun to me anymore at this stage of my life and this stage of the game, both figuratively and literally. Of course this is all coming from my perspective and point of view.

I haven't heard anything, but i'd wager that of course they will not change it for long standing accounts and toons that leveled up the old fashion way. They will want you to pay real money to get these with the heroic character feature if you don't want to put in the hours and hours of game play time.
    So if you want these without having to put in the hours of game play to get them done, spend real money.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not sure of the 3 people or not but I do know the shared lockout is gone, so you can do them all in one shot now.
    Leerah likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The group MPG trials only have ever had a 2 hour lock out and then only on wins. I will say that the shared timer should be removed, if it hasn't already (I forget if it has).
  12. Bigstomp Augur

The shared lockout is gone.
    Leerah and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Having trouble generating a dps parse to show you rock as a melee? Might I suggest the trial of weaponry.
    Kelefane likes this.
  14. Domin New Member

What is this? If a HC does the quests they get augs? Is there a write up around somewhere telling me about this?
  15. Derd Augur

I've not read the heroic character faq for awhile, but yes if you do those quests with a HC you get a extra reward window. 20 ac, umm I don't have that character open but 100 ish hp mana or so, don't quote me on that :) Slot specific also, from the ones I did waist only, ear only , etc..
  16. Leerah Augur

Doing Vishi is good for your self-discipline.
  17. feiddan Augur

All characters, at this time, are experiencing this.

I'm not sure if it's a "feature" that grants all Rank II spells/discs up to your (new) level.
  18. Gumlakx Augur

I think they wanted Heroic characters fully ready to play in newer expansions starting with HoT. They recognized that MPG group trials and DoN progression is still relevant for character advancement. They also provided a new task for getting J5 mercs to avoid a bottleneck in Korascian Warrens.

Non-heroic characters haven't been ignored. The lockout for winning a MPG group trial was removed, and the process for getting a J5 merc in Korascian Warrens has been streamlined. In addition the level range for shared tasks has been increased from 15 to 30.

I believe the overall goal is to catch people up to newer content. It has had a positive effect on my guild. We have had a lot of returned players, and have added several players that are new to EQ.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. feiddan Augur

For a small cost of 3500 SC, you too can get these granted!!!

/marketingvoiceoff
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

That is news to me as none of my lower level characters have gotten this.
    The MPGTrials & DoN AAs are in no way required to do anything in any of the expansions, saying otherwise is just lying.

If the SoD tasks were streamlined so well then why do the Heroic characters need their special quest to get All tiers of Journeyman Mercs? If they were all good then that quest wasn't necessary.

The overall goal here was to screw over players who don't get Heroic Characters for $35 a pop.