Hermit's Hideaway and Onyx Hydra Saddle in Marketplace

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So Hermit's Hideaway is for sale for 500 SC and Onyx Hydra Saddle is 1450 SC.

Does this mean that other LoN loot will be available on Marketplace in the future? Or is this a limited offering in conjunction with the anniversary?

If the former, sad day for players/traders who spent $$$ on loot cards.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

But a good day for the vast majority that didn't on what was very obviously a pure money-grab. LoN was used to get people to accept RMT, and now that direct RMT is here, LoN can shuffle off and die, along with the 5 people that still play it. (Sorry Tnexus).
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Edrick Augur

I play LoN and while it isn't the best card game in the world (Magic is better in basically every way) I like playing it to get Loremaster levels for the chance at Loremaster loot. So this (unannounced) change is alright, but if SOE decides to put Loremaster loot on the station store, then I'd be disappointed since that would make the whole Loremaster thing pointless. People have sunk quite a bit of time into leveling it up.
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  4. Ringkeeper Journeyman

SOE would make bank on Drachnid, DE Pirate, and Blue Skele mercs alone. Brownie illusion and Nagafen familiar would also be nice.
  5. Enkel Augur

If SoE wanted to make a lot of money off a single item they could put Aspect of the Brood on the market place. That makes the most money (sells for most krono/plat), from what I have seen, out of any of the LoN loot cards.
    Draego likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Shame they didn't deem this important enough to announce...they can push Landmark webcasts but cannot tells us what is going on in our own game.

Sad.
    Dexar, Sinestra, Pirouette and 2 others like this.
  7. Kelefane Augur

Wow, talk about being blindsided. This is actually a pretty huge implementation here. I guess EQ1 is pushed so far back into the shelf within the SOE realm, that they dont even care about making these little important announcements for our old game anymore.

I support this, but wow.

I guess we have entered an era of having to find out for ourselves now? Telling us beforehand be damned?
  8. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

The Hermit's Hideaway seems a little cheap, honestly, compared to the difficulty of acquiring it via LoN. It is arguably much more difficult to acquire than a mount, but in terms of SC is priced much cheaper.
  9. Edrick Augur

We're all at the mercy of the invisible hand of the market.. place.
  10. Edrick Augur

No kidding. I had a bunch of station cash leftover from a triple station cash day (remember those?) and blew it all on booster packs when they were on sale. Oh well. Just so long as they let LoN players have something, and keep loremaster loot only attainable from being higher level loremasters.

The apathy demonstrated by not bothering to announce this change, or ask our opinion about it, is what bothers me the most, honestly.
    Yinla and Pirouette like this.
  11. Kelefane Augur

Another nail in LoN's coffin.
  12. Sinzz Augur

I'm all for this as someone who spends a lot of station cash but loathes having to play another game to get items for the game I choose to play this is great.
    i think they should take and put all the Lon loot stuff on SC then lets see how well Lon stands on its own and shut it down if its a resource hog and move the devs to everquest.
  13. Pirouette Augur

I own pretty much every rare LoN loot card and I've been saying for a while that they need to lower the bar for getting stuff from it because it's waaay too expensive to try to get stuff like Aspect of the Brood (which I have) but I was NOT expecting them to start throwing them out there for $15. People who are saying 'Just sell everything from LoN' are being really cold towards those of us who have spent an eternity trying to get those cards. There are some who literally spent $500 or more trying to get AotB and Siren (remember when Siren was worth anything before a near-copy of THAT was added to the marketplace? We moaned about that but at least it looked different).

When I said 'lower the bar' I was hoping they'd add LoN stuff to achievements that didn't already have any rewards (like Master of the Void) or as really rare drops/drop off a really rare spawn. Hell even the slayer achievements individually have a lot of potential (I know lots of people AFK merc it up for those but some of them like Table Flipper seriously take dedication.). Maybe even on the loyalty vendor for some of the more common ones (like kerran). I mean seriously, it seems like farmable illusions/mounts are being phased out at this point... I can probably fill 3 more 36 slot bags with marketplace items while I have ONE bag of farmed items (the majority of which are brd/rog only).

Going to mimic others here...seriously should have consulted us or at least announced us of this... and how much further it's going *sigh*. It just makes you look 100% out of touch with the community when you pull something like this. What a slap in the face.
  14. Eanelder Augur

I also noticed that Bridle of the Crimson Cragslither from LoN:Forsworn and Steed of War Saddle from LoN:Debt of the Ratonga also appear on the Welcome screen's "New Items" list, even though they dont appear in the Marketplace as of yet (im assuming its going to be a future release).
  15. Jezzie Augur

I'm glad they did when it comes to the hideaway, been trying to get an idol of Sev for months and the best trade I could get would end up costing me way too much to obtain the trade. I understand the frustration for those that have obtained the rare item but it's an explorer achievement.
    I've suggested selling merc skins in the past, I still think it's a good idea and would be a good seller, it would also increase the usage of potions of merc amnesia. Surely it would make money for the game and that can't be a bad thing, it's not pay to win, it's fluff!
  16. Apathy Elder

Bridle of the Crimson Cragslither , Steed of War Saddle , and Onyx Hydra Saddle were all on purchasable a few weeks back. I bought the hydra saddle for my mage. I thought it was weird that its listed as new now. Didn't notice if the other two were still there. I wouldnt mind picking up some merc skins in the marketplace. :)
  17. Eanelder Augur

I love the idea of buying merc skins from the Marketplace too, the issue i would have if they are the SAME ones available through LoN.

As a "collector" myself, I understand how much time, effort and money can go into obtaining these cards and just having them pop up in the marketplace directly would be a disheartening.
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

Yes, it is cold.
    But since my game is "EverQuest" and not "LoN" - how can you expect my ilk to have feelings for what happens in a different game?
    As we saw with the Auto-grant AA's and Heroic Characters - times change.
    So were time to change some more, and find all the LoN loots up for SC - why should I mind?
    I don't feel entitled to this loot one bit - but were it go up there, I'd browse the wares.
    "Loot is a dish that's best served cold" :D
    -Rat
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

I can totally see Pirouette's point. Spent ~$200 on the Akhevan myself. Not even gonna say how much I spent trying to get siren over the years and still no dice. I didn't break my bank doing nay of this of course, it wasn't all in one lump sum... it was spread out over months, but... =/

Speaking of the akhevan.... it's still bugged so that it can't be casted in combat, and if you die with it on and get a rez (before timing out or respawning) the buff remains on you upon rezzing despite no longer being illusioned and you have to click it off to use other illusions, like elemental forms or the Gunthak mask when rebuffing.
    Pirouette likes this.
  20. Pirouette Augur

Times can change a different way. It can be earned instead of bought. I have nothing against the idea of lowering the bar on these stupidly difficult to get items but they are going about it completely the wrong way. When devs of other games make drastic changes, they usually try to keep the spirit of the item/class/race intact and if it was really hard to get, it's still going to be really hard to get but in a more managable way. That's why I said they should have tied it to achievements.

FYI, I never played LoN for the game, I played it for the loot cards. Those loot cards have been the only way to get those illusions/mounts/mercs/ornaments for several years now, now all of a sudden with no warning and no announcement it's just dropped on the marketplace.

And as Rainbow said some people spent hundreds...I know some who spent thousands trying to get these cards. We aren't talking about catching up or making the game more playable, we're talking about illusions/mounts which at their very core have ALWAYS been status items. There's not much point to them otherwise.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing 'times need to change' but they have to change in a way where you can drop $10 out of your wallet to get it without earning it. Hazy memories of Smedley's slippery slope quote make me feel disgusted.