Most impressive/most difficult EQ accomplishment of all time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Emphant, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Battleaxe Augur

I'm going to go with early PoFear clears.

The content was new to all of us you couldn't read the strats and years later benefit from them. Nobody cheated. You did it through good play and not pain endurance - there was no seKret teK(tm) that made it easy. Nobody had their guild take the day off and claim a we did it first victory.

If there was a claim to fastest or furstest I wasn't aware of it. It was enough just to have done it early.

We were all kinda naive, enthusiastic, and stepping into evil - pure (no corpse summons you may never see your gear again) evil.

We, a big bunch of guilds and pickup raids game wide did it. We took on the worst SOE had ever delivered (at the time) and we beat it. VERY cool.
    Skewert likes this.
  2. Tharrg Augur

The first raid to take down Vox.... the one that found her to have no loot because the Dev's did not think she could be killed and so did not add anything to her corpse. That was a major accompishment and they one special one of a kind items for their work. This was the greatest accomplishment.
    Eteract likes this.
  3. Ayoheee Augur

Whoever the cleric was that solo'd AoW for the first time.

Killing OMM when everyone still had a 386 and two tin cans connected with yarn for an internet connection.
    Skewert and Sinsu like this.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I'm guessing clearing Veeshan's Peak when it was current was really difficult as well. The first really big key quest, and a dungeon where you can't gate or port out - have to rez a corpse outside, or fight through the zone to one of the portals.
  5. Samborombom New Member

Talking about accomplishments - I think it would be a cool idea that if you finish ALL the achievments - all of them - that you could show this to the community somehow. I'm thinking that you could get an option to change your overhead name to whatever color...

Then you would stand out. Completing all the achievments is nothing I will ever do, but I hear there are some that actually have done it. It would be awesome to be able to spot them in a zone knowing that
    they have accomplished something truly amazing... :)

If and when new achievments are added, they go back to the old color until those are finished as well.

Would be very easy imo to code, and the players that don't want to show off could just keep the old color. Let GM / guide / pvp / colors be reserved.
  6. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

My favorite was being part of the 1st group to 1 group the Mshas in Qvic that made Furor cry like a baby which was $$$ every time I was part of making him cry.
  7. Zahrym Augur

Coincidence this happened in EQ2 as well? There was a 'Vision of Vox' or something, like a ghost of her basically...thought to be unkillable, we dropped her and it had no loot...next patch it was a regular mob model with loot.
  8. Antisepptic New Member

I would say we all have accomplished a very difficult and noteworthy thing. Those of us that came into this game in its infancy can all remember how we were all struck by the sheer size of this game, its complexity; how there was really nothing to compare it to. We had none of the convenience tools that are around today, you couldnt even tell which direction you were facing at first without working on a skill. Hours of poring over maps online, reading posts, guides, bookmarking sites for later, research, research research. Along the way, learning the game (which lets admit, if published today in that state would be considered half-finished and grossly under-documented) and teaching others to get by too.
    There are discussions today in the remaining active forums about the finer points of dps, mitigation, AA minutae, etc., amazing that we have all, collectively, embraced this game and "pulled it apart" to this point where 15 years later it is still active (although different of course) and I'll say, thriving after a fashion.

Congrats to us all
    Eteract likes this.
  9. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

10. TheQxx Augur

Anniversary time always makes me nostalgic anyway but this weekend I whipped up a fresh new video of Tecknoe doing his thing 11 years later, for your viewing pleasure!

Skewert, Eteract, Koveras and 10 others like this.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I applaud the effort of syncing the combat audio.
    Eteract likes this.
  12. Edrick Augur

There is too much own in this video that I'm not sure I was even worthy of watching it.
    Enkel likes this.
  13. Enkel Augur

This is why I love you Quarken. But, where is my SNES Zelda version of TECKNOE vs L.VOX? I mean, I love this, but it "Needs more SNES Zelda." These lesser games are fine, but I need a SNES Zelda version. Zelda!!!!

[IMG]
  14. Kelefane Augur

When Lluianae (Cleric) soloed Vindi at level 70. Serverwide first.
    Crystilla likes this.
  15. Fle2ch Elder

One of my biggest achievements in the early days has to be finding my way out of the Neriak after rolling a new Dark elf Sk.
    Must of taken me half a day to find my way out from the 3rd gate to nektulos forest.
    Eteract and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  16. Schadenfreude Augur

Getting out of the Surefall tunnel in 1999 as a Human > anything I've done since.
    A-Quad likes this.
  17. JolineSZ Augur

Hahaha I totaly understand that and even worse is having a corpse in the tunnel as a human trying to find it.
  18. Sinsu New Member

I belive you are right. maybe it was level 60. Still was the best thing ever on any server.
  19. A-Quad Augur

ftw!
    Sinsu likes this.
  20. Sinsu New Member

I like how he is using the POK pet proc weapon. NICE!!! The one that has skellys.