So are the rest of us getting the trials and norraths keepers now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thaargor, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Thaargor New Member

I see that the heroic characters are getting their trials of mata muram and the norraths keepers trials done, and so they get the rewards just by creating the Heroic character.

Is Sony gonna do that for the rest of us that have actually leveled a toon up, but haven't gotten around to doing those events yet?

it would be nice.

anyone heard anything?
  2. Seven Costanza New Member

You can upgrade your main character and receive those rewards.
  3. Mary Poppins Augur

This. Basically everyone has the same shot of one toon per account getting them for free.

Upgrading existing toons also has the added benefit of boosting low skills and getting missing spells. So everyone can benefit from their free offer in some way.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Axxius Augur

You can do those old trials in less time than it takes to post here and get a reply. That's is the best solution IMO.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  5. Derd Augur

Also you must remember, in less than a week it's not free. So I just consider it an incentive to make it an attractive purchase, especially since the grind of faction for don is not only a pita its also below the level to xp in and would mean wasting many hours of play time. Including the mpg is not as big a deal since once you've leveled a bit or if you could get a group together even at 85 not really a chore other than running between instances. But still a nice bonus. I'm sure it bugs many people.. me not, but many. To me it's just what it is, a reason to make spending 35 bucks or waiting 7 months on a gold account to save up the sc to purchase one a pretty decent deal.
  6. Windzor01 Journeyman

Ok Axxius, you go ahead and try that with the DoN AAs and let us all know how that goes.:rolleyes:
  7. Anglesy Elder

Getting faction for DoN isn't that tough, just afk when you're not playing at the spot where your opposing faction's guards sit with a dps merc out and you'll be at ally within a few days(with zero effort).
  8. silku Augur

Don't forget if you upgrade a level 100, you get a whole bunch of Rank II spells/disciplines too.
  9. Potawatomi Augur

That's why he mentioned trials and not DoN AAs....
  10. Cicelee Augur

Why doesn't anyone want to earn anything anymore? I personally thought it was a mistake for the EQ developers to include MPG and DON AA as part of the heroic package, but that should not mean everyone should now want that stuff.

Here is an idea: you want the MPG and DON AA stuff that heroic characters can get? Be a hero then and do it yourself. You will get slightly more satisfaction doing it that way than hitting an upgrade button.
  11. Leerah Augur

Only cogniscienti knew to do them.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Some people don't feel that way
  13. Grelthur Elder

People want an easy button. It seems that general life has creeped into EQ life, and people want everything they feel they are entitled to receive. The sense of accomplishment unfortunately no longer exists for so many people now; it's really quite disheartening.
  14. Tarrin Augur

I have a super sense of accomplishment on my nearly decade old AAs.
    Sinestra likes this.
  15. Coruth Augur

Or you can quit trying to make EQ into Real Life Motivations.

EQ = Game = Have fun.

Running across a zone, blowing up DON missions that were so snooze filled when I forced myself to do them at 90. Let alone 100. Was... well... ready.... Not fun.

Some people like going back to old old old content, they can still do DON that way.

Some people don't. Forcing them to, just to be competitive to their peers at level 100 is silly.

It's not about EZ-mode. It's about fun. Killing wads of grey cons isn't fun for everyone
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. beryon Augur

Would be nice if they at least removed the requirements for number of people to request and/or zone in. I don't understand why those are there; they serve no real purpose.
  17. Grelthur Elder

I wasn't saying that it was fun having to do those. I was responding more in general to what Cicelee had posted. I did them when they were trivial because I needed to get them done. Were they enjoyable, not really. I just finished grinding through Ashengate progression because I didn't do it when it was current. Was it fun, again, not really. I did it because I wanted to. SoE has decided to make these heroic characters available to players. They get special perks and rewards because they are different than a classic made character. However, because people see it, they want it too. Hence, the sense of entitlement being the "easy button". I'm fine with them just being given to the heroic characters, because they are different. However, I don't think that entitles every character on the server that wants them to get them for free, just because they've out leveled them.
  18. Marshall Maathers Augur

If you don't enjoy grinding for apparently no reason, I am wondering if this game is for you.
  19. Greyowl Augur

Well, i "upgraded" my main to get them. Worked apart from Sanctity of the Keepers, dunno why step 5 is missing.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree that including it was a mistake on Heroics - because now it opened a can of worms.
    The auto-grant AA was supposed to give all the AA up to 85, in part to match the heroics.
    Now there is a consistency gap between the 85 auto-grant and the 85 Heroic-grant.
    Give it to one, or give it to both.
    McDonald's already proved for all time; that you don't have to be "good" - but you have to be "consistent". :D
    -Rat