Vesr, your Little gathering of spells, where did you go?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siwin Nonesuch, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

THIS is why I don't ever bother to do GM crap.
    Some dude in the shape of a terror clock on Xeogny at around 9:30 EST asked me to gather up 12 spells, which I agreed to.
    Took me about 15-20 mins to gather them up. They were all easy level one spells for the most part.
    But when I went where he was when I got them, he was gone, done for the night.

Vesr, you should be fired. Should have at least sent me a tell to see if I was still getting them.
    You know, plan on spending a little more time doing these things if you know its going to take people any kind of time to gather stuff up. Can only move so fast.

What did I learn from this? Once again I get my time wasted on doing some GM thing. I do this to myself about once a year. Its like an idiot that can't remember that fire BURNS!!!! LOL!
    The item I heard was a 5 dose bellikos illision potion anyways. meh

Moral of the story, don't EVER EVER NEVER bother with a GM event/thing.
    But I guess next year around this time i'll do it again to myself. heh!

I think its that damn hope thing. You know, that maybe someday it will be something really awesome and worth doing. 15 years and still all been junk.
    There not even fun to do either. :(
  2. Rorce Augur

I doubt it was a GM event, but rather a guide event. The guide program is made up of only volunteers. It is not a paid position. Players become guides because they want to give back to the game, roleplay with other players, or just help spread cheer. When guides run "gather quests", there can be several people who say they are going to gather the stuff. There may be some who don't even say they will, might seem uninterested to the guide, but then show up 10 minutes with the requested items. It's not so easy to keep track of all the players. Most of the time the guides wait around for a good bit before giving up and ending their guide session.

Instead of telling a guide they should be fired, you should thank them for their unpaid volunteered time they donate to make Norrath a better place.
    Dandin, Tarrin and Feradach like this.
  3. Falos Augur

The GM emoted to the zone that they had to depart shortly roughly 5-10 minutes in advance before they actually disappeared. Heck, they even shouted to the zone asking for people to let them know if they were still working on the task :p
  4. Axxius Augur

GM event ran by a terror clock had a short duration? Oh the irony...
    TheQxx likes this.
  5. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Yes I understand completely!
    But it would have been nice if he/she would have said "I'll be leaving in so and so amount of time if you wish to try and gather these items in that amount of time"
    But what'cha going to do.
    I just won't do them anymore. I wasted my time and I certainly didn't feel any "Cheer" but feel like someone ditched me. LOL!
  6. Edrick Augur

There was a thread posted about this very same thing with the very same complaint about the very same guide event a couple weeks ago.

Its funny that you're calling for Vesr (not his actual guide name) to get fired though.
  7. Falos Augur

[Wed Mar 19 17:55:13 2014] Scholars in Plane of Knowledge request your assistance near the entrance to the Grand Library!

[Wed Mar 19 18:31:01 2014] Vesr shouts, 'Is anyone else coming to bring spells? We old clocks are ready for our bed time shortly.'
    TheQxx, Axxius, Rorce and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mykaylla Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/guide-program-quit-wasting-my-damn-time.208782/

And pertinently from that thread:
    One thing to remember for any and everyone, if you're doing a guide event, is you can send them a tell if you're worried, that you're going to go get the stuff, and you'll be right there. Just like most reasonable people, they'll stick around if someone is specifically on their way.

Xegony has a ton of events, which is probably the thing I like best about the server- Vesr the clock has been on at least four times lately.
    Tarrin likes this.
  9. Edrick Augur

Thanks Mykaylla, I couldn't find that thread through search.

And I'll have to echo that sentiment, the guide program is fantastic. Vesr has given me a couple nice rewards, plus he gave me certitude. I don't think I've ever had a guide, or a mysterious evil looking grandfather clock for that matter, buff me before.
    Tarrin likes this.
  10. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Yeah I know. It was a rage post. :p

I missed that /shout. Must have been when I went to The Abysmal Sea to pick up one of the spells. Didn't think that one would have been on the vender in the Library.

I'm over it. No harm no faul. Lesson learned. :)
  11. Dandin Augur

All spells are located in plane of knowledge now. You just need to find the correct NPC
  12. Falos Augur

Ah, i'm not sure if they ask different people for different spells (I didn't think they did) but all the ones they asked me to gather were sold within the central library of pok from various floors.
  13. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Yikes. It's most definitely against policy to lobby for people to be fired. Gotta be careful the way you word things to express your "rage posts".
  14. JacklSK Augur

I did this little event on cazic yesterday evening myself, all the spells that were requested were in the library on the level 1-25 spell vendors. Took perhaps 7 minutes to gather them all up and do the hand in.

5shot illusion pot and a Dark Elf Bastard Sword Ornamentation...was fairly happy with the weapon ornament as I main a DE.

Just prior to that I was interested enough in amusing myself by feeding onions to some random unicorn that was harassing folks near the lobby doors...got a few illusion potions from that thing as well.

I enjoy these little things as they break up what otherwise is the same ol same ol of a game night
    Rorce likes this.