New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rorce Augur

So which items were you talking about that have a 0.5% chance of dropping?
  2. Tarrin Augur

Bigger mobs drop bigger loot. Not larger quantities of lesser loot.

There, I gave you a valid argument. If you choose to ignore this, that is on you. It has nothing to do with my argument not being valid.
  3. Tyranthin Journeyman

0.02% seems like a completely reasonable drop rate. On the scale that almost all players are killing, it will be completely RNG based. When the drop percentage is that low, it is also much easier to feel lucky when you finally do get one than unlucky even during an extremely long no drop streak.

I got an ultra rare drop (priest weapon) this morning in my 18th Heroic Adventure since the patch (725th kill), and I didn't know if I was lucky or unlucky. It appears that I was quite lucky.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Except that you're giving the masses a huge component of why people raid in the first place with none of the challenges or drawbacks. And the fact that there was no level increase means the spell focuses on those are something like 2% worse than current cof raid gear or even the same in many slot's cases.

I'm all for chase items but these are way over the top, especially if they exist for many many key gear slots like they seem to be.

2nd best tank shield in the game stat wise ignoring the ultra rares is now a completely open drop. That is boggling to me.
  5. junglenights Augur

I think the dev said the chance for these to drop is 0.005%. EDIT: In the above post, it's 0.0002%.

Now, my question is whether these can drop irregardless of anything else that drops.

For example, lets say you have ONLY these four items on a loot table:
    Rock - 90%
    Paper - 90%
    Scissors - 90%
    Shotgun - 90%

90% is about 9 in 10, but for it to be truly 9 in 10 then each check has to be made without exception. If the function fires on the first successful check and it halts further checking and exits then it's NOT safely 9 in 10.

Assuming the checks end with the first successful check then:
    If the Rock is the first item check then its chance is 9 in 10.
    If the Paper is the second item check then its chance falls to 9 in 100.
    If the Scissors are the third item check then its chance falls to 9 in 1000.

So are these rare items not checked if something else takes their place?
  6. MrGPAC Augur

Maybe the .5% drop rate with rof tier 1/2 is for the Plane of War stuff?

~MrGPAC
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Time will tell. Right at launch I agree, but given the diversity of farming options they are going to be pretty prevalent imo even at those rates. I like the idea of a hardcore grouping loot, this is just way too close to current raid stuff and the attuneable thing will be interesting.
  8. Rorce Augur

You sure this stuffs dropping?

In over 1k kills so far I've only gotten 1 item, and it was The Blue Tower, which is copy and paste RoF T4 raid stats. I've also not seen any links from new drops that are ~T1/T2
  9. Iila Augur

Where is that stuff?
  10. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Burden of Truth 0.5% drop rate? I quit this casual game.
    (unless I win it and can put it on bazaar)
  11. Ratbo Peep Augur

That seems reasonably rare enough - regardless of the RoF tier it's on.
    Would take an awful lot of effort to farm these.
    But it does make sure people don't just blow through HA's to the end - without looting the trash mobs!!
    I like it.
    -Rat
  12. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

Yeah, there is definitely a miscommunication. Everything that has been dropping has been an exact copy of T4 Rain of Fear items, with differently named foci. All the links I have seen (like the eqresource channel, where knowledgeable people from all over the game come to talk) are all that quality - I haven't seen a single item that was T1/T2 raid gear. All T4.

I want to apologize in advance for the amount of hateposts you guys are going to get if you change the items to T1/T2 ROF raid quality. It's a good change, but you'll get a whole bunch of angry posts about it.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

All the link ive seen was RoF T4, 2 of them are the exact same neck and ring that I have with different name and icon. Only seen the link of those and not the loot drop tough.
  14. Fooba Augur

1/5000=.02%
  15. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

Multiply by 100 to get the percentage.

e: Dangit, Foob.
  16. Gortar Augur

Tarrin, Grounds Treats are bigger than most raid mobs .. that argument is moot =D

/muahahah

Seriously. The disagreement is that I don't agree with you that current generation raid mobs are BIG mobs or worthy of the esteem people want to give them. They are glorified loot vending machines. I don't think raiding is hard. So yes, I disagree with (not ignore) your opinion (not fact). This is my opinion (not fact).
  17. strongbus Augur

there is a flip side to this. people who never raided before may get some of this stuff and decide they want more and decide to start raiding lol
  18. Dre. Altoholic

5000 / 200 = 25

If the 'table' contains 25 items with a 1/5000 drop chance, this would give 1/200 chance per kill to get ANY drop from this table, but 1/5000 chance for a specific item.

I think that also means a 1/40,000 chance to get two drops
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

What's dropping is dropping, and was very likely intended to drop by whomever renamed and reflagged the items. Changing it now would just open yet another can of worms. These drops are as rare as a big win on a scratch ticket - might as well make/keep them at "way cool" status.
    Most groupers don't know squat about RoF T1-T4 raid loots by name. But they do know when something "really special" drops. And they know when cool drops are nerfed. :)
    -W
  20. Captain Internet Lorekeeper

They've done this before - take the original OMM missions. You could get current (when it the expansion was SOD) quality raid gear just by doing shroud raids and shroud missions for the currency to buy them. When they realized that was just plain Not Intended, the current items turned into unequippable Faded versions of the item, could be sold back for the same amount of currency as they were worth, and you needed to have completed certain raids to be flagged to buy the items.

People cried and moaned and threatened to cancel, but it was something that was an oversight by SOE and was corrected - and it was the right decision to make.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.