New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky Augur

If the drops are nearly as rare as the mission named then anyone that tries to farm this crap is just going to feel like a loser when they never get it, get disgusted with the game and find something more fun to do. I have earned almost 20,000 useless marks doing WK missions spawned 1 named in all of them and the aug I am after is a rare drop off of any of the named(of course it didn't drop.)

Now I realize this game just hates me with an unholy passion and that most people can't possibly be this unlucky, its just that I am such a huge loser that nothing is going to get me that drop(or that's how it makes you feel.) However, these drops are suppose to be that rare. Anyone actually trying to get these drops will do what I do, get up the gumption about once a week to try and "grind" it again to get the aug, cause surely my luck will turn some day. Then log after one mission in total disgust and go play another game.

Just saying, to you people complaining about groupers getting raid gear for free. When the devs say rare they mean "make you hate the game and quit in disgust rare." Its not giving something to anyone.
  2. Genoane Journeyman

Are you really that dense?
    The group is pretty easy now too. Very few kills that take more than 2-3 toons. So 1-3 players doing an HA or just killing mobs should get the same reward as 54 toons completing a raid? Get real
  3. Makavien Augur

Some of us enjoy both sides of the coin and do everything that there is to do with both sides of the coin. So I am kinda at a lose for words why you feel someone doing twice as much should get the exact same reward .
  4. Enkel Augur

We have noticed.
    Stubar likes this.
  5. Gortar Augur

Makavien, That's my point, I don't feel that raiding is doing twice as much. Grouping and raiding would yield twice the loot, that makes sense.
  6. Gortar Augur

Genoane, my belief is that 54 people doing a raid is no harder than 1-3 people doing an HA. You don't have to agree with me ;).
  7. Gortar Augur

A friend on FV likes to box raids .. 2 people box 54 "person" raids. That tells me how difficult they really are ;).
  8. Tarrin Augur

What raid are they boxing?

I don't have to agree with you, because you are wrong on so many levels it shows how unfamiliar you are with this game you are trying to completely overhaul on your 1 man crusade.

We get it. You want everyone to play at your level, and never surpass you in gear. Stop trying to ruin this game.
    Genoane likes this.
  9. Gortar Augur

Makavien, that was rude :>. Tarrin, no idea bud I'll ask him (or he might post here no idea). I don't want to be equal to others. I don't spend the time farming or grinding to gain ground with others. I just feel that those who do spend the time/effort should be on stable footing with those like themselves regardless of raid/group orientation.
  10. Enkel Augur

I like to solo 54 man Planes of Power raids, it's quite fun. Very few raids pose a challenge these days, but either does group content. The point about raider getting better gear isn't just the fact that raids are harder than group content, but the fact that you have to get a decent amount of PCs together to do that content. Honestly, you have admitted to being a hard core casual, that's why you are fine with getting the same gear as raiders from group content. Even if group content was as easy as raid content, it isn't (from a numeric perspective at the least), the pure fact you need more PCs to complete these events is the reason better gear drops.

My job is just as hard as other people's job, but i don't get paid the same as them. It's how things work. There has been a division between raid and group gear for awhile. I don't necessarily agree with how large it has been (though in the past the amount of time it took to get a full set of raid gear compared to group was night and day) but I do agree that group should never encroach on raid gear. I would have been fine with a few rare t1 RoF pieces, maybe even t2. Giving t4 away just shows the current direction the development team if going. It's smart from a business point of view, I just don't agree with it personally.
  11. Gortar Augur

No that's wrong. I am like everyone else in that I do want to advance and be the best. I understand, however, that I do not want to put in the effort to ever get there. My one man crusade as you call it is not for me. It is for all those who won't dare face the forums. I've had some wonderful conversations in game due to my posts here!

Sheex (who disagrees with me almost 100%) and I had a great talk last night! We agree to disagree ;).
  12. Gortar Augur

Enkel, those who I refer to on FV are 2 person Boxing COTF/ROF raids.
  13. Tarrin Augur

So let me get this straight.

A giant dragon should drop the same exact loot as an orc pawn?

You want time investment to be the only factor in getting loot.

This is such a horrible idea.
  14. Tarrin Augur

I call shenanigans without "illegal" 3rd party software.
  15. Makavien Augur

None of them box cotf raids and none of them box higher then tier 1 rof that i am aware of so you directly Exaggerating what they are doing I play on FV in the top raiding guild.
  16. Gortar Augur

Makavien, I might be incorrect in my assertions. That is my understanding last I talked to them last week.

Tarrin, if the big scary dragon had a chance at killing the raid a few hundred times, then sure he should have a great hoarde! If the big scary dragon dies weekly as is farmed like the raiders claim, then they should expect farm loot. A few hoes, a rake or two. Maybe some beets!

edit: beats?
  17. Enkel Augur

What is the actual drop % on them? Already seen quite a few linked in general on Xegony/ in serverwide. Also, is this planned to be a continued design. With these, Ring/Cloak (mist/naggy), and PoW coming, how many piece of raid gear will non raiders be able to obtain for their character?

It isn't "illegal" 3rd party software, and I was using sarcasm but I guess that was missed.
  18. Tarrin Augur

And that is why I am very happy that you are not in charge of EQ.

For someone who is super casual, you sure camp the forums quite a bit hoping to completely rewrite the game.

The big dragon (or raid encounter) is many times over stronger than an orc pawn. Therefor, it should drop things equal to the task. Not merely a large quantity of orc pawn level gear.
  19. silku Augur

I've seen this first hand. I was doing one with my sk (86 at the time) and then added my 100 wiz and 100 mage to plow it down. The first couple of mobs were blue to the sk, and he could tank them fine. The next one was red. We still finished the mission fine,but the sk had to twiddle his thumbs.
  20. Makavien Augur

Ok I believe you Elidroth if you say it doesn't but through my experience selecting the heroic as a solo level 100 seemed to make the overall task easier. And when I did it as an 85 1 time last night it seemed really easy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.