New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gythlen Augur

Nothing is Heirloom except the Bayle Marks.
  2. Makavien Augur

Well what I want to see personally is that gnomeland guy come on over to FV and he can do half my job in some of the most mechanic heavy events ever created within this game (the last 3 expansions) and show me how its the easiest way to obtain gear. You prolly wouldn't last the first 4 days.
  3. Stubar Augur

Makes sense i guess, I just assumed that with the ease of events now that this wasn't happening anymore.
  4. Makavien Augur

We raid 4 days a week we kinda take our time and stuff but you might be here too a lot of roi is now also raiding with fire and fury
  5. Falos Augur

That's a massive exageration of the raid game, most raiders actually only show up right before raids.. some raiders DO go above and beyond this is true, but most do not. Also it's not really hard to fulfill multiple roles in a 15 yr old game, i'd say it's a pretty basic part of the game now.. I know a bunch of groupers that are capable of doing that.

I've raided bleeding edge in eq for years and i've spent years as being a 'bleeding edge' grouper.. neither faction is special or overly impressive.
    Sinestra likes this.
  6. ~Mills~ Augur

Only your wrong. When this game worked at its best current higher content catered to the end game players and guilds both group and raid. Most current content was hard, time consuming, needed flagging and required skill from everyone be it 6 people working at something, 54 or ever 72. Anyone who didn't have the time desire or ability to hack it in the current content still had the entry zones or all the great prior content to utilize. As gear and such were still good upgrades for them. They then also got to look forward to all that they missed in the harder stuff as soon as power gains, time or their situation changed that then allowed them to handle it. Meanwhile the people who liked the challenge, had the time or were looking to really push the limits had stuff to do. Everyone had something and there really wasn't a divide in time or resources catering to one. The difference was just when people got to experience it based on their situation rather then everything being tuned around the dead center of the pack. This worked great for guilds, players and regular groupers.

Then the entitlement people started to lobby and everything started to change. I have 4 kids, work 60 hours and can't look up how to play my class but I pay a sub give me now. I don't have time to find a group give me now. I don't want to pick my class based on how well they meet my expectation just make my class like this other one or nerf them, give me now. Make it so I experience all content at the same time as everyone else regardless of my playtime or skill since i pay a sub I am therefore equal. Now 5 years later that whining has created a divide as no longer is there something for everyone. Now as you point out the devs have to split time and effort to appease differing play styles at the same time as only current content is utilized for the higher toons. No longer can a short time, low aa poor group class head into the prior expansion or two for upgrades either group or raid. Thats been taking away from them. Tons of mid tiered and as a result lots of end game guilds have folded up shop as numbers dropped because of these changes. Not because people had mountains to climb or that group gear was to far behind. Group gear needs to cater to group content and nothing more its relationship to raid gear means nothing. Raid gear needs to cater to raid content and nothing more outside of being a carrot enough to be worth chasing for more character power. No child left behind failed miserably for the same reason by catering to the middle or lower portion of the class everyone else is excluded. Rather then someone slower or that can't cut it for whatever reason tackling it later on when they were ready and those that could simply continuing to move in their end of the pool

The people that the gear resets, the dumbing down of scripts, the lowering of spell power, the addition of mercs, the free aa, the buy you way almost to the end were supposed to help actually don't much at all. It merely feeds the bot and alt armies and makes money for SOE on nickel and dime stuff for 3 extra accounts from the addicted core players, made up of both groupers and raiders. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves. They are not making these changes to help the casuals or groupers just because they needed help they are bleeding dollars out of everyone at the expense of the games history by making it seem like groupers are winning and by allowing anyone to buy a bot army cheaply and quickly. This game has become a petri dish to see what does and doesn't work and what does and doesn't offend people enough that it gets to the point of costing them more then the features brought in. Then they just claim whoops we went to far and course correct. The same logic of giving someone their first taste of crack for free applies. The dealer isn't helping the person out. They are giving them something cheap up front that they hope pays out bigger later on. In this case when people buy subs, expansions or spend SC on these new bots, alts and the few actual new people.

Many a wise people said beware what you wish for when all this crap started happening. People lobbied for stuff they thought helped them and the game but in reality it just made the game worse off, only those lobbying for it were not smart enough to see it for what it was longer term. They just wanted whatever the small step was then because it catered to that moment. And now you have to keep robbing peter to pay paul until eventually one leaves.
  7. Pirouette Augur

I got a raid item on my first mission since the patch, on the very first mob in the zone. Was a Magister knife (ranged item). It's possible I was just crazy lucky but that isn't usually my case.

Also... I'd like to point out the fact that I got it in a level 85 HA with all heroic characters (decided to run my friend through one to show him the new expansion content). Yeah...

Now not only am I unmotivated to participate in any pre-CoTF content, but I will also not be punished for making that decision: I can obtain a full set of gear, augs, and to my understanding rk. 2 spells for 85-100 content just by spamming HAs. Not to mention the level 100 tradeskill mats that make it easy for me to weave sets of 20 slot backpacks together for my alts. Current content progression via completing HAs...Current content achievements through defeating the rares...Chance at high selling items like the bixie/dark elf armor or even alternatively using Marks of Valor to buy and sell latent gear. I guess that'd be the only reason to venture outside of CoTF as an 85+: because I'm too stingy to spend my marks of valor on anything other than level 100 gear/augs. Is this what was intended?

I mean no offense, but I feel like choking out options is not good for a game that boasts so much content. I was fine with the decision to sell 85-95 gear/augs on HA merchants because it gave players more options, but at this point it seems like you guys are overfilling the treasure sack. You need to either make these missions hard enough that only a well-coordinated group can complete or you need to take some stuff out of the treasure sack, because the risk/reward ratio is tipping way on the "Reward" side. I nearly fell asleep 3boxing these missions with heroic characters...and I was boxing healer, tank, dps. Cleric casted 1 HoT, went dps mode, warrior dual wielded through everything but named. Btw also first time playing cleric/warrior/ OR mage... And I've also tanked these missions with a non-heroic character, my SK at 86 was able to handle all of the missions I tried with only 986 AAs and rustic gear (and no epic 2.0). The named rares blew me over, but to my understanding they've been nerfed (and I sucked at my SK when I encountered it anyway).
  8. Makavien Augur

It's not an exagerration it is one extreme . Me basically and no you could not do 5 jobs at once as one of the main warriors falos I am talking like instructions / clicks / tanking /following emotes . It's not basic or I would be able to do even more.

And active real raiders are pretty much like me most of the time there are some that are not but there is also tons of groupers that would rather buy a pl after clicking the heroic character button and full sets of raid gear via real money.
  9. Lazy automation Elder

So how is the drop rate?

If its insanely rare I have no issue, but I thought the solb/mm chase items were too common.
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

They are significantly rarer than that.
    Lazy automation likes this.
  11. Lazy automation Elder

Thanks for the info!
  12. Falos Augur

I guess things that used to be considered basic in harder eq expansions are now considered super complicated lol.
  13. Kelefane Augur

The new "hardcore" (if you can even say that word in EQ anymore?) is the group game these days anyway. Most/all raiding guilds only raid for 1-2 nights a week now. That equals out to perhaps 3-6 hours (max) of raiding for an entire week for many guilds. That is a far-cry from those 5-6 nights a week of raiding like we used to see.

But this is all a byproduct of current day EQ though. EasyMode raids and very minimalistic content has its ways of not being able to keep raiding guilds busy anymore. Guilds finish it all the same night it goes live. Its really just a constant farming cycle without a progression cool-down period and this leads to burnout and bleed-out where raiders and the raid game are concerned. Its honestly why raiding has taken a backseat in this game. Its also why ive seen and heard of many raiders dropping down into the group game and just going casual. Its why you dont see much resist from raiders anymore when something that they USED to perceive as negative happens.

Raiding has seen better days in EQ. Its why ive been saying that this game is being heavily slanted toward the group game for a reason. Their ultimate goal is to make EQ strictly into a group game and do away with raids altogether. This would free up so many resources and let them concentrate on just a single aspect of this game. It would most likely lead to better overall content too. More in depth so to speak. Raiders are an extreme minority in EQ and they know this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We do 5 nights, 2 nights of 3ish hours doing all the CotF raids and 3 nights doing open raids, T1 - T3 RoF we don't get all down each week, we keep having flagging issues, and no doubt this will get worse when the hero chars get to raid level. But depending on how much this stuff is dropping in CotF and Plane of War we may not have enough interest to do RoF anyway, time will tell.
  15. Slasher Augur

no point in doing ROF once tier 2 is out you will have what 8 new raids if it has the same as tier 1. That would be 16 total COTF raids to do. If you do ROF after that you're asking yourself to burn your raiders out on pointless .
  16. Shimmerleaf Augur

In regards to Makavian's suggest method of doing HAs - it does not work.

I took 92 druid to Dead Hills and got Into the Hills by herself. She entered instance and triggered first step, all mobs were dark blue to white. She did taskadd to 100 Necro, mobs still dark blue to white.

Then necro entered the instance and all mobs instantly turned red. No short cuts, no easy mode. Sorry Charlie.
  17. Gnomeland Augur

Considering I've raided in games a lot harder than EQ when it comes to mechanics, I find this exaggerated sense of raid difficulty in EQ both ridiculous and comical. Nonetheless, let's say for a moment that you are correct, and it DOES take an absurd amount of effort to raid in EQ - does that remotely change my argument? No. Because the less the amount of people who's able to do a piece of content, the less valuable - financially speaking - it is for the devs to create that content. In extremis, were it the case that only one person in the entire EQ world is able to do content X, then the economic value of making content X is $15 / month aka 0.002% of a dev's salary.

It doesn't fly.
  18. Harabakc Augur

That's a good point. Raiders should be annoyed at the very slight rewards vs group gear.
  19. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

AeonbladeElder
    The people that do not raid really should not need raid level gear should they?
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the gear tuned to the difficulty of the content in which the players are meant to be in? group people with max group gear should be tuned for group content and ready for future group content, raid people with max raid gear should be tuned and ready to tackle new raid content.
    I guess if that is not working as intended I do not know what is.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. MrGPAC Augur

My level 52 monk is pretty much decked out in best in slot gear available to him. Here is stuff that was available to non hardcore raiders that was better than the top raid gear at the time:

HoT quests (people were 1 grouping the hardest of HoT WHEN it was current...and people as "hardcore" as they are today would see this as 1-2 group level challenge...just it took time and effort to get:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6334
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6096

This came from statue...a mob that was slowable and stunnable and certainly 1 groupable during its prime (The ring thereafter not so much):

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5802

This stuff was quested and from Kunark...better than anything else I could find for a 52 monk...at least 5-6 years ago when I thought soloing naggy/vox was cool...

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12316
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12318

This was top end raid gear...that was 100% tradable:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=8941

That isn't a full set...and my monk is wearing a lot of NToV gear, some Ssra temple gear, and some vex thal gear...but point was you COULD get best in slot gear without being in a raiding guild and doing stuff that scaled properly would be considered 1 group gear today (and I personally witnessed all of the mobs for these being one grouped when it was current). That seems to be whats going on here more or less.

All that said...T4 RoF raid quality is a bit much. I get the idea...for a LONG TIME the ONLY reason for a raider to kill anything was augs and getting a few AA with each new expansion. Now they have a chance at a legitimate upgrade, or huge plat source (for kronos which have made plat relevant again), with every kill. That said, T1 or T2 RoF raid level gear would have definitely sufficed to achieve what they were going for...but they didn't bring me in on the design decisions...

~MrGPAC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.