Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Leerah Augur

People who are silver accounts complaining they didn't get enough free stuff (no, you DON'T get Journeymen Mercs,) have some incredible sense of entitlement. That's all I'm saying!
  2. Makavien Augur

So is there going to be a way for the people that were already 85+ to receive the don progression and mpg trial aas ?
  3. hakmer Augur

-------------
    yep.. do the tasks...
  4. Makavien Augur

That doesn't make much sense when heroic toons click a button and get them. Nice way to reward the people that have been here for many years ..
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is an aditional benefit of going Heroic, your 85+ char had the chance to do this while it was relevent to your level, Heroic chars have not as they are passed the level this content was designed for.
  6. Sollas New Member

You can opt to use the heroic character option on the character you are talking about. There, eaten cake has happened. Your reward for being here for years is that you have all the stuff heroic characters have plus whatever you've gained for the "many years".
  7. Makavien Augur

Ahh so you can claim the heroic character thing on a level 100 ? My main has all this stuff done but I only partially went back and did the rest for my boxes.
  8. Aghinem Augur

I noticed that on my level 100 toons, you can click "upgrade character". Is this intentional? It looks like something that can really screw someone up. Can someone test this out on Test server?
  9. Makavien Augur

I just clicked it on my bard it worked fine and gave the bard the don and mpg aa that she was missing.
    Aghinem likes this.
  10. Aghinem Augur

Thanks for the reply man - glad to know it doesn't degrade your toon or anything.
  11. Sinestra Augur

They said that you will not lose anything, only gain if you upgrade a current toon.
  12. Caray Journeyman

I'm not saying they need to give silver or free accounts the better mercs. I'm simply saying that it's a bit silly that they get everything but that, it just doesn't seem very heroic if you ask me. If they can ignore the AA cap on those accounts for heroics, then why not the merc restrictions?

Heck I actually feel that silver and free accounts should get less than a gold account heroic. They should have 3 variations of the heroic, one for each account type. If the accounts are limited then limit the heroics they get as well. Bronze is the most limited since it's totally free, so they should have the weakest heroic. Silver is the middle account, so the heroics should be the same way. Gold is fine the way it is, of course if they wanted to add more I wouldn't complain. But what about buying a heroic you say? Well that's simple, have 3 difference heroics to buy at different prices with Bronze being cheapest. Bronze can only buy a Bronze heroic, Silver can buy Silver or Bronze, and Gold will have a Gold heroic and can also get the other 2 if they wanted.

They need more than just one standard heroic to buy, different variations would be neat to see. It might also influence some people without a gold account to go gold (even if only temporarily) for the better heroic.
  13. Gythlen Augur

14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

15. Gythlen Augur

I can't tell .. the servers I play on are Locked or time out so ...

Heh. But if so, good to hear!
  16. Miakaa New Member

I know its a silly question to ask, but are heroic toons transferable to another account? I didn't see anything in the FAQ to suggest they are not but thought I double check .
  17. HalasRadar Augur

SOE thank you for the shiny stuff.
  18. Tokyopolice New Member

Way I see it, if you pay $35, even if you're silver, you should get the ability to get a J-level merc. $35 is a lotta cash for a lot of people.
  19. Karthanon Augur

Meh. Tried getting Heroic quest for J5 merc for wife's mage, he won't talk to her. /sigh

Yes, free acct, no CoTF.