Heroic Characters Begin Their Adventures in Norrath on March 12

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 7, 2014.

1. suka Lorekeeper

nope- i and i have gold accounts. i am saying that if you do everything there is for a quest, and those mercs took a lot of doing back when my toons were 78, then the should be able to use the rewards. simple as that. if you are looting stuff, you aren't working quite as hard for it as if you are doing a quest.
    sula likes this.
  2. suka Lorekeeper

if there were no f2p and silver, i might would agree with you. however, first of all, if the person doesn't log in during the free period, that isn't soe's fault. it was made available to everyone.
    secondly, if soe were really trying to get rid of poor folks, then they wouldn't have made it possible for people like me to have one gold account and several silver or others to simply f2p.

if i were having to still come up with a sub for each account just to play, then i might see this as you do. but i get to have my 6 silver accounts and my gold one and i am no longer having to pay for 3 all access passes to just bring my toons into the game.
  3. alex121212121 New Member

odd question and im sure its been answer, but I can not find the answer. can we make a heroic character at midnight tonight?
  4. suka Lorekeeper

and if you create a new account as a new player during the promotion, you get one. but let's remember that this is a promotion. Soe has always offered us a chance to try out before buying - like the periods of time when i log in and all of my silver accounts are gold. it's called a "loss leader" in marketing and works quite well.
    sula likes this.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

No. There will be a patch very early Wednesday morning. Once I have the specific downtime I'll go ahead and post that.

After the Wednesday morning patch, players will have access to Heroic Characters and the new Race/Class Combinations.
    Leerah likes this.
  6. suka Lorekeeper

not sure but i think it is pacific time- which means midnight pacific time. and thanks for clearing that up- i didn't see Roshen's answer until after i wrote mine
  7. alex121212121 New Member

okay thanks Roshen, very speedy response. cheers till tomorrow morn!
  8. Silv Augur

Okay... waiting for the patch is kindof common sense. How about clarification on the multiple accounts with pre- and post- Nov. 8th creation dates (in the same household) please? There have been a ton of posts asking this question.
    suka likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Have they fixed it so Frog monks and WE Beastlords can now start in Rathe Mountains and G Fay? This was broken on test and there was no feedback from devs.

Quit doing patches on my day off! :p
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

They're aware of this. Once I have full patch notes for tomorrow's Heroic Character patch, I'll go ahead and list it out.
  11. Caray Journeyman

How about offering a free race change for existing Monks and Beastlords that may want to use the new races? I don't see how it could hurt anything. Make it like the free heroic characters, give players a week to do it and have it be once per account or once per household.

I know I have a Monk I'm already working on (Human) and I would love to make it a Froglok, but I don't want to start another Monk just to have a frog and I'm not sure I would want to pay for the race change. You're already giving away free level 85 characters, so what's the harm in allowing a free one time race change for two classes?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They haven'f fixed this!

Account is gold and always has been so there is no reason why I should have to make a new char in Crescent Reach

I cannot make my monk /cry :( :( :(

Petitioned not a happy bunny.
  13. Qlainx New Member

...So uh. I assume the test server counts towards the 1 heroic character thing for this?
  14. Rolli New Member

it does apparently, log into test and delete it - get it on live.

It screws over those of us though that delete on test and create on live - we dont get the 15k plat or 100 bayle marks

Pretty lame
    sula likes this.
  15. Yumini New Member

Looks like it. I made one on test a few days back and cannot make one on the regular servers now that its live
  16. Qlainx New Member

Welp, that sucks. I can't delete my heroic on test sadly -- for personal reasons.

Ah well, lame as it is I suspect that's what they had to do to prevent issues/abuse.
  17. Mar63 New Member

Same concern here as I have an account that was created ON Nov 8th (lol doh). I'd really like a reply from either Roshen or someone that's done it successfully... Does order matter??
  18. Pelamar Lorekeeper

Jeez did not even come our 2.0 what was the point in handing out all this free then intentionally slowing down what was supposed to be a fast track progression by not comping our 2.0?
  19. Yesway Augur

I hope you are joking.
  20. Pelamar Lorekeeper

ok serious issue when I heroic upgraded an alt it maxed his skills for his level when I did the same for my main who was higher than the heroic level his skills were not changed even though based on my alt they should of at least been maxed at 85 surely?