Headshot/Decap - You're kidding right?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalipto, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Naugrin Augur

Wow lol.
  2. Filter Augur

I was playing around on my ranger alt, boxing him with a mage to test the waters a few days ago. The ranger was proccing HS once in a while. I played for 30 minutes and I proc'd HS 11 times...yes I counted them.

I'm not seeing anything over powered whatsoever. I agree HS needs the humanoid limitation removed. Killing just humanoids for testing was a pain, not that I would always do that.
  3. Engineer Augur

Couple things...

Commenting about the limitations of a second large nerf on a decade-old ability is not necessarily whining, "moaning", or "just needing something to complain about".

Instead of finding a humanoid HA and grinding it 1000x, how about we ask the devs to make the ability useful for the other 90% of the game?
    Caudyr, Sinestra and Alekzandre like this.
  4. Alekzandre Augur

"The proc rate is not the problem. Humanoid-only is the problem.

The race restriction turns an otherwise fair ability into a situational novelty"

I agree that Humanoid is a problem now.

The proc rate is not as they stated they wanted it to be, in fact most are seeing it proc less than 50% of the average of 2 times per minute.
  5. Alekzandre Augur

I want to add that after testing everything for a good while, as a Ranger I like the intention of the change.

The Devs stated they wanted to go in a little conservative on the changes.

I have talked with many Rangers and Rogues in game. The consensus is that the Humanoid restriction, needs removed, to make the ability usable on a consistent basis.

The Proc rates are not what they stated in the patch notes, regardless if a toon is in raid gear or not.

The Devs want your input in order to create an effective adjustment IMO.

I see a few posts stating higher proc rates, but smell agenda with them. In game I have not seen, nor talked to anyone that has experienced high proc rates.
  6. Revulsion Elder

ok I play a 96 ranger been in VoA the last week since the patch root shooting all the humanoid type mobs I can get my hands on I can say without a doubt headshot does not proc 1 to 2 times a minute period. I shot and shot for like 6 mins on one mob not a single headshot not 1 I tried over and over repeatedly. I spent one night took all the soldiers, troopers, farmers, tired farmers, anything that was humanoid in 4 hours, I counted no lie in 4 hours of trying to headshot I got 3 headshots count them 3 headshots thats it, so yea headshot does not work on the archery line of spells I got all 3 headshots in 4 hours using just the bow when it happened no lie, I tried and tried 3 headshots in 4 hours working as intended? I think not, over a 4 hour period I spent there, and then only getting 3 headshots in the entire time I think its not working as intended so yes, I agree the devs and whoever else screwed with the amount of times it goes off needs to re-evaluate, and go back and fix it. I will parse as much as I can for the next day or 2 to get as much data on when it procs and how often. I have been parsing since the patch and I am just about tired of trying. I was leveling from headshots was nice to be able to kill so fast, and wow the AA's flow great before the patch, I made near 3kAA from running the missions in feerott dream, usually was me a ranger buddy a druid and an enchanter running together we would run the mission couple times a night every night, right before we logged for the night, and now its not viable. I still play my ranger but I play him to break the monotony of being on my 100 warrior all the time. It was a nice change, but now I have to get up in the face of the mob now instead of root shooting like before. my ranger isn't under-geared by any means and not all that squishy being he is in full set of RoF T1 gear, well all but 1 or 2 weapons but just liked the fact I could shoot and kill faster then trying to dps it face to face. Well devs and anyone who is reading these that works on this please up the rate so its viable again. /rant off
  7. Kaneras Augur

I kind of like the change for the most part. I cannot head shot for experience anymore but I can solo many quests that were once impossible for me to complete, that means better loot too. Many RoF zones are great for head shot, I just wish they would remove the summoning tag from Alarans and Minotaurs, both in RoF and also in VoA, these summoning trash mobs are nothing but a nuisance in today's game.
  8. Petts Elder

I cry foul here ... the only way you were only proc'ing 1 HS per minute PRIOR to the patch is if you were using a 60 delay bow. Even before i raised my dex i was proc'ing dozens of times per minute with a 25 delay bow.
    Sinestra likes this.
  9. Phrett Augur

lol damn, that's pretty cold
  10. Sinestra Augur

That's not possible unless you only used it a few times and the RNG was entirely against you at all times. Before the patch my 90 Ranger could HS 10+ mobs in 1-3 minutes every single minute. Now I am lucky if it goes off once in a fight.

The idea to keep HS humanoid only is stupid. It needs to be changed.
    Petts likes this.
  11. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Headshot/Decap - You're kidding right?
    Yes. They are kidding. poof, you are no longer supwer awsome. Nerf boot bat!
    Call Of The Forsaken, will be the expasnion known as the nerf Expansion.
  12. Revulsion Elder

LOL!! the Nerf Expansion love it, too funny you are just about right though this whole expansion has been about nothing but nerfs, nice call.
  13. drkoli Augur

It all started with the Blood Drinker's Coating and went downhill quick
  14. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

Here's what a raid geared ranger in mostly RoF T3+ gear sees with 402 or 409 Hdex and unity on me. My only bowing HS on DK2 since the patch due to I do not /autofire dps. Welcome to having it based off of raid geared rangers rather than group geared rangers.

Melee - WK2 instance guard trash

[Wed Feb 26 00:01:54 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 00:03:32 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 00:06:56 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 00:07:34 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 00:08:01 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!

Bow - DH1 instance xulous trash (like 4 or 5 were blue)

[Wed Feb 26 22:49:22 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 22:51:00 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 22:51:06 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 22:52:11 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 22:55:03 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!

Still don't think it won't proc off of archery nukes? Guess what it was proccing off for all my melee HS above? This tossed in for the fun of it. Do I need to also show we can hit for over a million damage without being disced while I am at it or do we need to be all fight club about that?

[Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] You begin casting Forecasted Shots Rk. III..
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] Your bow shot did double dmg.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] Hannil scores a critical hit! (13929)
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] a xulous deathcaller was hit by non-melee for 13929 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] You hit a xulous deathcaller for 13929 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] Hannil performs a FATAL BOW SHOT!!
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] a xulous deathcaller was hit by non-melee for 245847 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] You hit a xulous deathcaller for 245847 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] a xulous deathcaller was hit by non-melee for 4919 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] You hit a xulous deathcaller for 4919 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] Hannil scores a critical hit! (12287)
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] a xulous deathcaller was hit by non-melee for 12287 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] You hit a xulous deathcaller for 12287 points of damage.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] A xulous deathcaller has become a called target.
    [Wed Feb 26 22:50:52 2014] A xulous deathcaller is struck by a forecasted shot.
  15. Caudyr Augur

I agree that the humanoid condition needs to be removed. Personally I never understood why that was the case...and I certainly don't think it should still be the case with the change.

The proc rate may be low and could be tweaked to give better results...but I think this is the most glaring problem for rangers and rogues at the moment.
    Sinestra likes this.
  16. Karthanon Augur

What's the difference in proc rate between group- and raid-geared rangers, is my question. /scratches head
  17. Hannil-luclin Lorekeeper

This is why raid geared see more. It will be 1-2 expansions before group geared catch up to our current levels of heroic dex.
  18. sinderkad Augur

It is kind of silly you can get such massive returns from one line of AAs on current content, essentially. i was just on the Steel behemoth raid with 2 zerkers and in the spam of 480secs of fighting they proc'ed decap 23 and 27 times respectively. So around 3 times a min not counting their innate dps. Thats pretty crazy on mobs that are up to just 1 level bellow 100.
  19. Engineer Augur

How did the rogues and rangers do?
  20. sinderkad Augur

It was just me and the 2 zerkers unfortunately. if you want word on other abilities someone else will have to parse it.