Plane of War (maybe or Maybe not)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nyni, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Nyni New Member

Hi,
    I am curious if the Plane of War is going to be implemented this year some time?

Numerous players been waiting for that zone since Plane of Powers came out back in or around 2000 or so..
  2. gcubed Augur

It was announced that Plane of War would be going live during this year's anniversary events. So we should see it some time next month or the first week of April.
  3. Ranpha Augur

Oh yes, I've been waiting and waiting... not done anything else in the mean time, just popped in every now and then... clicked on the stone... nothing. Back to waiting.
    Ronak and guado like this.
  4. sojuu Augur

Where is the stone?
  5. Reprisal Augur

Should be the stone near potactics, valour etc that doesn't work.
  6. Ruven_BB Augur

Sojuu,

Come back to Bristlebane!
  7. sojuu Augur

8. Edrick Augur

I demand to be teased with information on The Plane of War.
  9. SaderakhBertox Augur

It will all be dead by the time you get there?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Loratex like this.
  10. Edrick Augur

Maybe if I don't log on for two weeks after the zone goes live, sure.
  11. Saroc_Luclin Augur

IIRC, PoWar will use the 'broken' stone in PoTranq. It will also use the same zone geometry as the original (unreleased) PoWar zone; they've apparently worked out the pathing and/or other issues that made the zone unworkable. (IIRC, the zone was designed on a 45degree slant, which was/is a PITA for EQ's pathing algorithms.)

Lore wise, I don't know if they've released any info about what we can expect in there. Going off of my own faulty memory, it was originally going to be Vallon and Tallon Zek's zone (and lead into PoTactics for the final Rallos Zek fight; PoTactics is basically a tower within the PoWar zone).
  12. guado Augur

Right when the fabled went live, I ran over, clicked the stone, and nothing.

I wonder if it will be like the revamped sol b: a regular static zone for xp and fun, then a raid zone! Would be so fun.

The Plane of War... where Tallon and Vallon play Wargames while their Father Rallos sits on his throne, laughing at child's play. Rallos Zek... the one who with his mighty Ogre creation destroyed the Twelve Mystical Rathe Council...
  13. Danille Augur

Augur, Tarrin and Apathy like this.
  14. TheQxx Augur

Please use the existing stone in PoTranq for the PoWar zone in; don't haphazardly throw another NPC in PoK by the GL zone in like you guys love to do. Enough already with that.
    Leerah, Ronak, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  15. Apathy Elder

I hope they do use that existing stone in PoT. I was just thinking that while doing Brick of Knowledge quest for an alt.
  16. Apathy Elder

Gorynn sounds like he's related to Goro from Mortal Kombat...
    Cool lore in that link, thanks Danille.
  17. Tachyon Augur

And of course it must have PoP era loot! :D
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Stubar Augur

They did say at SoE live that the unused stone would become active for PoWar. I got all giddy when they announced it. It's going to packed for the first month, however it's so going to be worth it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Saroc_Luclin Augur

So you're saying the Plane of War is going to be a War Zone for the first month or os it's active? :)
  20. Dzarn Developer

What would you like to know?

Answers to the questions in the thread so far:

Yes, the zone will be going live this year.

The zone in to the Plane of War will be the previously inactive stone in the cave in the Plane of Tranquility.
    Depending on your progression through the Plane of War there may be a second zoneline inside the Plane of Tactics.

The loot will be modern. Some of it to be among the best available in game.
    The rewards will come at the price of the content being legitimately challenging.
    Fenthen, Ayoheee, TheQxx and 10 others like this.