Headshot/Decap - You're kidding right?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kalipto, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Gragas Augur

or Fierce Eye my bad! Had just got off work!
  2. idej Augur

I was running Zerker and shaman and was getting an above average proc rate. I just might try and add a bard to my team and see what happens. Was thinking of tank, cleric, wiz merc with it. Tell me your thoughts.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I played my long neglected 61 ranger last night. Last I played him, he was at Headshot 2, and all of his necessary AA's for his level. I did my daily in Undershore, then headed to Bloodfields, where I teamed with a 59 cleric. We ended up exploring a zone neither of us had been before and we each leveled twice. At one point I was pulling entire rooms of dragorn, and the proc rate on headshot was better than it was before the change. At least it was more consistent than it had been. I did have a number of crits on headshot at just under 60k, which right on par without any ADPS for HS2. The change of effective level really is the biggest improvement for this AA line, as I suspect that it is for Decap and Assassinate. I do have a bard on a second account in his level range, so I think I will box them tonight and see if there is any marked improvement.
  4. dalead Elder

I had 7 HSs fire a couple nights ago in ~20 mins slapping around a few mobs in Valley, just testing. I was meleeing and using just spells to see if it'd work. A couple proc'd on same mob and I killed several mobs without a single proc. That's almost 1 proc every 3 mins. Definitely not the 3 HS per min like the OP is claiming.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I skipped work today and spent the day killing dragorns in Bloodfields with my ranger, bard and shaman box group. Out of the first twenty kills, only one was NOT felled by a headshot, and I was pulling five to six at a time. As stuff stopped dishing out XP, I packed up and moved to Halls of Honor, and proceeded to lay waste there. Overall, I am not unhappy with the changes, but then, I didn't play an endgame ranger.
  6. EQTrixy Elder

Before the change I never saw any Rangers or Zerkers LFG. After the change I still don't see Rangers LFG; but I see tons of Zerkers LFG now.

I have group with several different Zerkers since the change. I don't know how often decap proced before; but it seams to be procing on every single mob now.

Was in a lvl 100 HA last night. The health of the mob would do this... 100% > 99% > 97% > 95% > 5% > dead. They were dieing faster than I could alt tab to my Shaman and click slow.

Just for fun we tried having the Zerker DPS with just the Cleric merc healing. He was moloing just fine. Stuff just died so fast. It got to the point where he was talking about just moloing HAs for exp or PLs. He was about 8500AAs btw.

I was in a group with a 92 Zerker in the valley about 3 days ago. I was on my 88 mage. Mob would come in and I would cast my first nuke and half of the time it wouldn't even land because the mob would die so quick. I never got a second nuke off. Similar to the above; mobs health would drop so quick... 100%> 97% > 92% > dead. That is ever single mob.

If these changes are considered a nerf; then before they must have been ungodly!
    Tharrg likes this.
  7. Goth Augur

Watch they gona nerf bard abilities because of HS and stuff.
  8. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

I had around 9 fire in around a hour and half of heroic adventure bixie runs, the wizard in my group still out damaged me for the night so i would say its not to over powered atm, of course i was only procing the headshots with my archery skill set spells since i rarely use a bow.
  9. Arcaine Elder

I am not seeing this on my ranger. Just my own observation though
  10. code-zero Augur

Naw, that's what Bards are suppose to do and that's why they will never give Bards any major boosts in their personal DPS
  11. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

You probably never seen rangers or zerkers LFG because all the good rangers or zerkers have people jumping to grab them for groups. HS/Decap just made it possible for the people who dont really know their class to hang.

ALso sounds like you might have been grouped with a raid geared zerker because my zerker only gets maybe 1 decap a minute or two. Also like others have said some things seem to improve the chance. Overhaste, Bard Songs, Shaman Buffs would probably be my top guesses since they boost how fast you swing, how often you flurry and DEX.
  12. Sinsu New Member

these SKILLS need to go up some. Ive had hours and not got a single HS with spells or bow. Basicly THEY TOOK IT AWAY....but left just enough to not have everyone quite. Here kiddies.. have just a little piece of cake..not to much now. I WANT A FULL REFUND OF AA. WE ALL NEED ONE. Just keep sending feedback and it will happen. I don't care if I gotta pay SC for it. I WANT A FULL REFUND ON MY AA. Over the years players have spent aa on things that have got nerfed. Shouldn't we get chance to redo them? Harmony arrow.. NERFED.... Headshot nerfed forever....poison, ice,fire..arrows aa.. USELESS.... max aa in healing...MERC NERFED IT...... COME ONE GIVE US A REDO ON AA.. THEY OWE US THAT MUCH.
  13. menown Augur

The AAs were useful prior to the nerf. If you gained some benefit prior to the nerf then I see no reason to get them refunded. How many thousands of AAs did rangers achieve with their headshot AAs? I mean come'on that is way more useful than some other AAs even though it was for not forever.
  14. silku Augur

I just got a group on my 75 bezerker. Ran all the way to the zone they were in (walls of slaughter from Nedaria's landing, with guild that's not that far really I guess). Joined the group. They pulled 3 mobs. Asked me why I wasn't decapitating them. I told them bezerkers don't get decap till 91. They kicked me from the group, and then did another general (WoS group looking for dps).
  15. Sinestra Augur

I was playing on my level 90 Ranger last night and was headshotting every now and then. Not sure how often it was happening, but at least once every mob in Grounds and the Valley if I was only using the bow.
  16. drkoli Augur

I don't see why people keep complaining about this. Big deal if it doesn't proc as much on low level trash.

It now procs once in a while on current content which is a nice bonus.

Sorry to all the people who made a ranger, rogue, or zerker only for the headshot/decap/assassinate abilities so they could pl everyone for plat or pl their alts.

I main a zerker and box a ranger and I'm happier with the changes to both abilities then I was with them before. We can now use them on current content instead of it working on old content only which is a good thing
  17. Engineer Augur

The proc rate is not the problem. Humanoid-only is the problem.

The race restriction turns an otherwise fair ability into a situational novelty.
  18. drkoli Augur

/shrug guess people need to have something to complain about
  19. drkoli Augur

Honestly with it being good to level 99 if they restricted decap to humanoid only instead of moaning about it I would find a current content spot of humanoids and xp there.

Surely there's at least one HA that is humanoid? And if not I'd still not really care decap/HS is just an added bonus in my eyes until it gets needed more then oh well
  20. Tharrg Augur

I do not see what people are having issue with... before the patch I got 1 head shot every minute or 2... after the patch my ranger gets 1 headshot every minute or 2. I see no change, but I agree they need to remove the Humanoid only and make it work on anything.