Changes to Decapitate

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Tanols, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Tanols Augur

So they are going to scale it up to level 99 .... Great :)

Anyone besides me see this as being a major issue on raid trash that hits like a freight train :eek:

Wish there was a way they could scale it so it procs 2 per min at DB con, 4 per LB con, 6 per Green con.

And Or give us an activated version with a fairly low refresh rate and leave the proc rate alone.
  2. Gloomfall Lorekeeper

They've already said that when it comes to Headshot, Decapitate, and Assassinate the damage that comes from it does not have any additional aggro. So I don't really see a problem with it in that capacity. I just wish that Assassinate and Headshot would have their humanoid only restriction removed as well.
  3. Slasher Augur

And they have obviously never played a zerker and decaped before at all if they even say this. I've seen my aggro go from 1% to 120% from 1 decap. Decap is not a melee attack its a spell proc.
  4. Ishtass Augur

They're changing that, is what they're saying.
  5. Daedly Augur

Did they actually say they are changing it? The reason I ask is by changing it to some form of melee as opposed to spell damage would mean that it may become subject to our disc's. Which I find hard to believe they would be alright with.

I didn't see the potential changes till Friday night and wasn't about to read all 100 pages, so I sent Eli a PM about my concern in regards to aggro. Hoping I will hear back sometime soon after the weekend has ended.
  6. Mithrandyr Augur

7. Gragas Augur

Click on the arrow after Elidroth said to go to the post.
  8. Harabakc Augur

• Elidroth SOEYeah.. Assassinate triggering off ripostes was retained due to the change in direction
    • I thought I had mentioned that in my updates in the forum post
  9. Sharpshooter Lorekeeper

I think they made the rate way too low... 2 per minute on a raid geared zerker means like 1 every 2 minutes on everyone else. Needs to be more like 4 per minute or something or higher. Whatever our rate was before wasn't too bad. I'd rather a restriction on decapitate like rangers got where they can only headshot the mob on their target than this.

Also it looks like they took the agro away if you look under Lucy's raw data...

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellraw.html?id=32338&source=Live

I'm guessing Base1 is some sort of agro modifier so it seems like it's designed to not steal agro like it used to.
  10. Decap New Member

I spent the day gathering a little data.

My berserker is lev 100 in cotf crafted gear for visibles + cloak/belt/shoulders and weapon. RofT1 group for all other slots. Not all gear is fully augged, but those that do have augs, are hDex augs in 9 slots.

Did my data mining in grounds on 87-88 mobs. Wasps, snakes, hedges, etc. On average, I got 1 proc per every 2 mobs. Each mob taking 1 minute 25 seconds on average to kill. Making the proc rate closer to 3 minute recast. Being that even in a hotzone these mobs produce next to nothing in experience, this seems absolutely ridiculous of a proc rate. Taking into account the VAST majority of berserkers are NOT raid geared, means that if you want to use this ability to solo with, you are stuck killing lower level trivial mobs and waiting minutes for a proc to occur. While I haven't tested on higher level mobs, and I am excited that I have the ability to decapitate higher level mobs, making the new ranks REQUIRE I buy cotf is a bit excessive. As well as, I have a hard enough time pulling 1-2 mobs in grounds, I don't dare try soloing mobs in RoFt1...

This patch needs some heavy fixing. If they really just wanted to end swarming, I don't see how adding a 10-15 second recast delay on Decapitate would not have worked. Show me a Berserker who can sustain 20+ mobs beating on him while waiting 5 minutes for all procs to kill the mobs, and I'll show you a hacker.
    Harabakc likes this.
  11. Gragas Augur

Or a berserker who disced and killed them 20 mobs in about 75 secs?
    Fenudir and Gloomfall like this.
  12. Decap New Member

Not with decapitate procs
  13. Slasher Augur

It seems to proc more vs higher level mobs but havent parsed enough to say for sure.
  14. calimar New Member

I was grouping with my friends monk and shaman in chelsith reborn. On the beach killing crocs and turtles and the occasional snake man. Decap seems to work pretty well. My zerker has a mishmash od rof group gear. Decap usually procced twice on each blue mob. Man though crit decapping takes s huge chunk (40% ish) out thier hps. Aggro on it aint bad at all really unless your pulling and crit off the bat. Realisticly you could solo that area given you have the patience.
  15. Gragas Augur

21 procs of decap in 75 secs while fully discing would say other wise?
  16. Mykaylla Augur

[32338] Decapitation
    Target: Single (If Type 862)
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Physical
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 1.5s
    Hate: 2600
    1: SPA 0 Base1=-179200 Base2=0 Max=179200 Calc=100 --- Decrease Current HP by 179200

This is from the parsed spell file. The total hate value of Decapitate at the rank you linked is 2600- it has been overridden. Lucy doesn't display adjusted hate values well.
  17. Slasher Augur

Ya its not as bad as people are saying. I've gotten 600k + crits with it.
  18. Gragas Augur

With Fierce Eye?