Features you wish were in game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dabrixmgp, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

'/outputfile inventory' also recording what's been stuffed in Housing
  2. Draego Augur

GM's GM's GM's GM's
    GM's GM's GM's GM's

and oh yeah if I haven't mentioned it already

GM's
    sorry for the redundancy, but it is a feature that has sorely been missed for a very long time.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

A filter as like the raid but for group to decide who can loot or not by the player him self. A check box in option or something. I hate looting a corpse because there is one next to me and my /hidecorpse all button is not quick enough!
  4. Edrick Augur

How many times has a flurry filter been said in this thread?

Because that's what I want. A flurry filter.

While we're at it, a furry filter too so I don't have to see vah shir.
    Obiziana, Sinestra and Mithrandyr like this.
  5. Son of a... Augur

Would be nice to be able to list things for sale greater than 1M (since we can search up to 9.9M).
    The ability to sell trade skill items out of the Extraplanar Trade Satchel or create a new trade bag for Trade Skill Only Items that is 40 slot.
  6. Tharrg Augur

I agree with you on this. I think the switch from GM's to Guides was a huge mistake. The Guides dont seem to ever be on, and when they are on.. they are doing Silly quests that no one actually wants to do. There are no GM's to provide the Customer service that players need. I agree... we need to bring back the Customer Service jobs.. and get GM's back into the game onto every server....
  7. asgaard Augur

The option to specify an amount over the stack limit when buying tradeskill items. Example: Say I want 600 handful of prism grains. I would like to be able to enter 600 and click buy once instead of 30 times. I wouldn't care if they still entered my inventory in stacks of 20, but it would be nice if some things were increased to stacks of 100.

I would like trader satchels to be tradable, and be able to transfer entire bags to my trader instead of 8 items at a time when restocking him. It would be nice to swap out all his bags for full ones, fill them up and be ready for the next restock.

An option added to put a player on the ignore list when I left click his name in a chat window. It would be easier than typing /ignore or typing a name into the ignore section of the friends window, especially if the name is difficult to decipher.

More lines in the social window to create longer macros.

Faster swimming level ups. In EQ2 (at least at the lower levels. I haven't gone very far there) you just have to swim a short distance each time you level up and your swimming is maxxed in a few seconds.
    Pirouette likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

you mean like, /outputfile realestate
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

OK, new request, proper, complete documentation of slash commands =)
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Edrick Augur

This is a really minor feature, more of a convenience or anything, but some sort of notification the game sends you when an item you're looking for is up for sale on the bazaar would be handy.

Like if you typed a command (just as an example,) "/bazaarwatch short sword of the ykesha, shining metallic robes, flowing black silk sash" it would check for those three items in the bazaar every 60 minutes and send you an email saying who is selling it and for how much.

Really minor feature that I doubt is worth the time coding, plus it could potentially add to server load anyway.
    Tharrg likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Buying over stack would be cool.

What I thought would be nice, would be if you could put a notrade bag (well, any bag) into the trade window and when you hit trade the contents of the bag are traded to the other character (or even, if the bag is tradeable, just trade the whole thing to the other character).
  12. Angahran Augur

ROFL! now you are really asking for the moon!
  13. Kantsyng New Member

Guides and GM's are completely separate things, there was never a switch from GM's to guides. The guide program is for volunteers to run 'silly quests', they have very few powers beyond that, and certainly no CS role.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

Wish the current hot zones had a NPC that you hailed and if you the zone range level gave you temp buffs that fade when you leave that hot zone.
  15. Tharrg Augur

I know that... im talking about when the switched occured and the GM program seemed to end all together and the Guide program became the only thing that appeared to keep going. When was last time anyone has seen an actual GM on? Guides yes.. but GMs? They need to start logging on and playing again.....
  16. Karhar Dream Crusher

Group tells. instead of asking a few people to join a channel for a few minutes. /t name1,2,3 or something and able to send all 3 a tell at once! instead of 3 separate tells with 3 conversations
  17. Draego Augur

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but:

Tribute Master Vet AA, with selectable personal/guild function
  18. Draego Augur

Zone out point in the massive lava pit in Temple of Veeshan
  19. Mardy Augur

1. A working chat system so the community isn't segregated. This was always a big issue I had with SOE games, pretty much all SOE games have chat problems. I played Planetside 2 for almost a year before their regional chat issues were fixed. I mean come on SOE, there was chat before there were 3D MMORPG's. Why do SOE games have such bad chat issues? New players or returning players from long ago just don't get this whole /General /General1 /General2 rubbish. Sometimes chat just down right don't work at all.

2. A modern loot system, such as group need before greed loot rolls, with auto group split on trash/cash loot. For such a PvE-based group oriented game, I'm surprised the game doesn't have a working modern loot roll system yet.

3. A modern quest system, no I'm not asking for yellow ! and "accept all" buttons. I'm talking a step forward, GW2's quest system where I don't even need to pickup quests, but rather if I'm in an area where the quest is effective, I would be able to do the quests and complete them without needing to talk to NPC's or clog up inventory with quest items. It's very hard for me to go from GW2's modern quest system to any old quest systems.

4. Cross-server PvP Battleground with a working queue system. I don't play too many PvE-only games these days. There would be more staying power for gamers like me if SOE starts to embrace their evil side for their games. There are more and more gamers today that prefer games with a bit of both PvE & PvP gameplay. I don't see why one side has to hate the other, because they should compliment each other. GW2 is a great example of a game with World vs World vs World gameplay, solo/group PvP tournaments, and PvE content. In fact that's the game I'm playing the most these days.

I'm looking forward to coming back to EQ due to the AA grant, I have lots of alts I'm looking forward to enjoy leveling. I just wish there was more than PvE supported in this game. Having a strong PvE is key to PvE oriented games like EQ, but having optional PvP will keep general gamers around even longer. I know EQNext is moving towards GW2's direction, but I really wish EQ would continue to get upgraded and not be left behind.
  20. Pelrond Elder

I wrote a program to help with this. I haven't updated it in a while but I just checked and it still works. I called it EQ Data Vault. You use /outputfile to get a text file and then load it into my program. You can download it at http://eqdv.org