Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Tarrin Augur

Course you would, don't see an issue with this.
  2. sinderkad Augur

How so? You must know that most AA lines have diminishing returns, with a few general exceptions. How many would it take to fill in a more optimal AA path after getting those 4000? most would get the bigest bang for their AA buck after 1000 or less. Are you really going to argue it would take less time for someone to grind 1-5000 vs a player who gets 4000 and then grinds an extra thousand? PLEASE, use common sense. A player starting at Zero kills exponentially slower than one who doesn't with very few exceptions. Its just that simple. A player with 4000 AA can easily make up the difference in a poor investment scheme after getting those 4000.
    I personally would like a hybrid of this and the curve. Give maybe 1000 AAs total steadily over a person's leveling while continuously updating the AA curve to be more effective and current with each new expansion. But either way something needs to be done.
  3. Hatsee Augur

Yeah I don't think people are being reasonable there at all. To start off we'd have to kite which is annoying and awful, or root and shoot which cuts damage in half. Plus you have to find a non summoning mob that fits the description, and then you have to get what? 10 procs to get the kill because on average the ability wont do more than around 200k or so? If we can't get a second one put in that works on melee we went from having a marginally useful ability that would become almost useless as time goes on to having a fully useless one that doesn't matter at all.

Edit - Unless of course it's changed to be a sure kill, if that was stated and I missed it then it will be somewhat useful but that kill rate would still be not all that impressive.
    Ronthorn Oakenarm and Ssixa like this.
  4. Ssixa Augur

I believe the damage is staying the same (or a very small increase maybe with the three additional ranks). I'm a realist...I know that we would never get a "sure kill" AA like that, at this level of the game. Honestly, the only way I could see Elidroth going for something like that is if the mob was below a certain %, like say 40 or 35...but then the proc rate would need looked at and boosted, blah blah blah...its better to just leave it the way it is set up to go in now and move on. As a class, we can probably use losing the old headshot as a means of gaining stuff in the next beta that we otherwise might not have....who knows?
    Ronthorn Oakenarm likes this.
  5. morbidknight New Member

I play a Shadow knight yes you will slow down my exp gain rate exp will still be better killing 3/6 mobs at a time then grouping why don't you fix that ishue whare soling a lb mob takes 30kills for 1% exp and in a group your going too need 40+ on a white or yellow con mob so

so what I would like too see is the exp gain on a white con mob in a full group real players not no damn merks = to or greater the then solo kill on a light blue mob 15 lvs lower

entill that day happens I solo exp and group/raid for gear
    because weather im killing 1 mob at a time or 60+ the exp is better perkill
  6. Izcurly Augur

You guys do realize that it's now the weekend and the devs have already spent a couple late nights monitoring this thread. It's also now past their design lock for these changes, so I doubt we'll see much official comment before Monday. And even then, the major details seem to be decided now. It's not like they didn't have enough feedback.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. UbahCastah New Member

If you are going to give out the AAs can you look at the general tab and not include the Innate Stamina, wisdom etc. This would be a waste of 105 AA that could be spent better elsewhere.
  8. Tarrin Augur

Gotta take the good with the bad.

I dont find more stats all that bad, though.
  9. Izcurly Augur

No, that's 105 AA that you'll never have to spend at all, ever. It's magic!
  10. sinderkad Augur

Unless cutting all those AAs out lowers the grant to less than 4k it wouldn't matter. My main concern is those AAs the may effect play style.
  11. UbahCastah New Member

Quoted by 3 people!

@Izcurly - Sarcasm noted!

@Tarrin - Useless AA, just trying to have those that get the AA get AAs that will actually benefit them.

@Sinderkad - It does matter because those are useless and therefor a waste.
  12. Tarrin Augur

They add stats. They give you more hp, more mana, etc.

They may not be the most useful..but they are not useless. You do get some benefit from them.
  13. Izcurly Augur

It wasn't sarcasm. Excluding something from the grant doesn't meant you get the AA to spend elsewhere. It just means you didn't get those AA for free. And at the top end with current gear tuning, some of those innate stats start to matter again, believe it or not.

Personally, I maxxed those AA's years ago, so I get nothing at all from all this. Well, maybe on some alts, but I'm not serious about playing those.
  14. UbahCastah New Member

I stand corrected - wasn't looking at it correctly. Also, the only reason I said it was sarcastic was the "It's Magic" line.
  15. Yther Augur

Does this mean you will straighten out the level requirements or leave them alone and when you gain certain levels, you'll earn 2 AAs (i.e. rk 4 level 69, rk 5 level 68 required). Also, I've never got an answer to whether or not getting a higher rank at a lower req. level will work if you delevel to the req. level of that rank?

Yther Ore.
  16. Xirtket Augur

Bottom line is that it does happen, parsing IP's is obviously not the most efficient way to go about seeing how many people are holding multiple accounts and using them to post their ideas multiple times.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  17. Ssixa Augur

You have to be the level of the rank to get that rank's benefit...i.e. you can't level to 100, max combat agility/stability, delevel to 75 and get the full benefits...you will however still get the benefits for all ranks up to level 75 (fixed in a recent patch)

Edit: Oh I see what you are saying now, I would imagine if as in your scenario rank 5 only requires level 68 but rank 4 (say from a previous expansion) requires level 69...if you level to 69, buy rank 4 and 5, and delevel...you should still get rank 5's benefit. That's my understanding.
    Yther likes this.
  18. kilamanoww New Member

so if it takes a few days to get to lvl 85
    everyone who starts a new char will rush through to lvl 85 to get their 4000+aa's for free right?
    so very lilttle use for 85% of the whole everquest world right?
    i dont understand why soe is forcing 90% of eq population into 15% of content anyone can help with this info?
    wouldnt granting all aa's for an expansion after completing a certain amount of achievments for that expansion be better?
    get people to enjoy all of everquest and still accomplish what you want
    and spread out the population over the whole world
    you know peeps who have spent over 8k aa's but havent bought all of the early aa's will probaly go back to old expansions to complete old achievments to get the aa grant for that expansion
    and doing all this will also keep majority of your old and new customers happy :)
    dreadlord likes this.
  19. Yther Augur

Yea, there's a ton of AAs that are that way now-a-days; going up 3 level per rank for 3 ranks, but then starting over only 5-8 levels higher on the next expansion. I either missed the patch change or just skimmed it and it didn't sink in, 'cause it seems familiar now that you mentioned it.

Yther Ore.
  20. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

When they've chosen to streamline some of the old AA lines, they guesstimated the total number of AA required in the old lines. This caused a discrepancy in assigned vs. spent