Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Rorce Augur

It is common knowledge that the unhappy are MUCH more likely to speak out than the happy. I also see many posts from people here saying they are content with the changes.
    Pirouette likes this.
  2. Rorce Augur

I actually pushed for Rangers and Rogues abilities to have the humanoid restriction lifted. The response to that was instead discussion to limit Zerkers ability to humanoids only. I won't stick my neck out to help other classes in the future, if that is the result :p.
    Pirouette, Yinla and Thinn Lizzy like this.
  3. Beaufort New Member

So all the people PM'ing you just happen to agree with the change?
    I give up.
    I wantthetruth likes this.
  4. Quilix Elder

Sorry but as a lvl 80 (yes only 80) cleric I kind of agree with this! - But saying that I solo'd my cleric from very early on near start of EQ and learned some tactics probably not needed by pure healers;) Also my AA placement was probably a bit different from pure healers - and the gear I chose was different from pure healers. Especially now with the VoV line running = around 2K free self healing per tick. Ward spell up = almost 900 damage (ok not quite a DS - think it more like a ripost but that fires a lot) - Promised renewal line - almost impossible to fail casting even while being beaten on = a complete heal on timer we can watch - Boom stick throwing out a 750DD proc on very regular basis.
    Equals 30 - 40 LB mobs without much of a sweat - it soon adds up. Clerics can be powerful in there own way. I mean certainly in the older days of EQ the biggest PITA mobs were the healers, "He's almost dead! - dang he got a heal off" - put in all the new cleric skills over the years and it's actually amazing what a cleric can do. Lvl 80 cleric about 600 AA (can't really remember to be honest) / Lvl 82 SK 2500 AA - guess which one I take (small scale) swarming.
  5. Harabakc Augur

He has already done the work. For rogues, the AA might as well vanish. That's 200 AA down the crapper for an ability that will work on 1% of the mobs out there.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Joyeuxx Lorekeeper

<==Happy with changes. Make it so.

Joyeuxx et al
  7. Thinn Lizzy New Member

I honestly thought that MOST people that are unhappy WONT tell you they just don't come back or at least that's what I hear for restaurants or places of business
    Leeanni and I wantthetruth like this.
  8. dreadlord Augur

Absolutely! And I have never insulted or otherwise attacked anyone.
    (most of the 'attacks' seem to come from the 'pro-change' camp saying if you don't like it don't let the door hit you on the way out or variants thereof)
    My point was that the decision seems to have been taken whatever people say. If I was the only person in the 'anti' camp, I would have shut up a long time ago. But I'm not. My impression, through friends, guildies, these and other forums, general and class chat is that most people are anti.

I hope that the people you are making these changes for with reward you with 15 more years worth of subscriptions.
    I hope you are right that this is what the game needs.
    I want to be playing EQ in another 15 years time.
    My experience, however, is that each time you make one of these 'dumbing down' changes it upsets another significant % of the old-timers and they go.
    I honestly don't believe you will get enough people to replace them.
    I would really like to be wrong
  9. Thinn Lizzy New Member

Also just wanted to state not trying to argue with ya Rorce. I think I like ya actually your opinions are level headed and seem factual :)
    Rorce likes this.
  10. Piestro Augur

Both will be in place, but if you get the grant it will count towards AA earned for the purposes of the grant. So you'll have to make choices on some level on which you want to benefit from.
  11. Rorce Augur

I love made up percentages.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Mardy Augur

Wow, SOE continues to surprise me lately. Ahh my love/hate relationship with SOE continues. I hated SOE for the lack of news regarding Vulak merger & lack of a new TLP server. But in this case, it's LOVE! This decision you guys have made just got me to patch up EQ once again. Looks like my 10+ alts will finally get played, and my g/f and I will thoroughly enjoy them thanks to SOE finally coming down to Earth. 5 Gold accounts coming your way soon.

Next up, please please code in a modern, working, group need before greed loot roll system. The current antiquated "loot casually" just isn't very group friendly. I hate looting in this game, and the current system doesn't attract you to group with strangers. Loot causes drama, drama makes people angry and quit, it's just not healthy and does not promote community. Come on SOE, get this issue fixed already. It's long overdue.

For now, a big thanks for the AA grant. I'm gonna enjoy me some alt leveling.
  13. Avaa New Member

I dont think your understanding most end content are not humanoid models they are mostly Animals,Undead,Mosters so with this being said to make it fair across the board with Decap the model restricion would need to be lifted to mach the current content. Head-Shot and Assassinate
  14. poto Elder

how does increasing the time a swarm takes mages to kill help server lag ?? this has been asked numerous times on both sets of this feedback and ignored every time by the devs?
  15. melemayhem Journeyman

while not all are against the free aa there is a lot against it, and the ones are against it are the ones that have paid sony for over a decade, i still cant understand why making aa faster/easter to get isnt a better long term stratagy. If they made gold accounts get even faster aa that would probably make the ones that want free aa happy (if its noticeable faster), while not turning off your long term customers. A win win and the ones that want get aa faster will probably gain the most as it will be faster aa over a long period so they could get the more needed aa, ie nukes for wizzy aa at low aa bonus rather than having it used up on less needed aa. I cant see why thats not a better solution, new players benifit, and long term players arnt made to feel unappreciated. Ive seen sony say they prefer the instant gain aa, rather than over time, but can u pls explain why? aa instantl will make pple just go gold for one month not stay gold for the fast exp
    Rogue-loving Chanter likes this.
  16. Beaufort New Member

"Quite a lot" doesn't mean anything really. Is the part that disagrees "fairly large" or "slightly more than a bit"? I'm sorry, I'm probably going to get banned again even though I do not mean to troll, but this is all very opaque.
    blowmesoe likes this.
  17. Piestro Augur

It's both. We listen, but we ultimately have the responsibility of making choices. One of the biggest criteria we use in deciding is our player's voiced opinions. But it's not the biggest, or the only.
  18. modenchanter New Member

Is leaving HS/Assassinate/Decap as they are now and never upgrading them again an option?
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Thinn Lizzy New Member

Fair enough Elidroth .. this after all isn't a restaurant :)
  20. Gutzz Journeyman

How's the refund going to affect those with 70 banked AA's already?
    Do we lose the over 70 banked, or lose when we zone type thing?
    Can be especially problematic for Ranger/Rogues with the many ranks they have.

If there's no issues like that, I vote to just refund and rebuy to pacify anyone who really really doesn't like the change.