Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Xirtket Augur

I really think 95% of the people complaining they don't want this, and want the option to opt out, will in fact actually use this!
    Janakin, Mintalie and Filter like this.
  2. Ssixa Augur

If they were all grey, you had to have been in the old school level 25-30 Feerrott, and not the one that matters lol. You just made my day.
  3. Angry Tacos New Member

rorce said,
    AA is easy and i feel it actually doest touch the real issue's facing people when leveling on reg experience i mean u do get 100% xp up to 4 k aa anyhow i have pled people and they run normal experience with me and they get aa on thier own it regular experience that is the hump

i get tired of playing my class sometimes but cant and wont reroll to a new class because i cant duope a year into getting to 100 again if i was to casually play a toon
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would you consider moving the curve to be from 4K AA - 8K AA ? or if that is too much 2K - 6K AA?

That way the granted AA won't effect the curve so much of those who have started already earning AA. As I posted previously, this change has a large impact on those who have started getting AA and are around the 4K mark, most of the AAs given will be the ones they have purchased and they will still have a large AA mountain to climb.
  5. Piestro Augur

No, there was a bug in how it was implemented. We fixed the bug so it couldn't be extended as intended.
  6. Langya Augur

Grounds is decent. For a berserker who can boast of having the all zone population types at their disposable. As a rogue you might be able to do some decent swarms in Brell's Temple. Never tried it because I just don't think its worth it. Rogues do better in normal groups burning normal dps discs and killing as fast as humanly possible while not worrying about betting pounded on. Do it in a adventure/mission and there is more exp when you finish.

Hack. Clerics swarm better than rogues do.
  7. Angry Tacos New Member

WHY CANT I GET A DEVO TO RESPOND TO MY POST PERIOD!!!!! ABOUT TO CALL SONY AND GET ANGRY WITH A CUSTOEMR SERVICE AGENT
  8. Catastro Fees New Member

Yes , but the poll for this change was much sooner correct? The timing and avoidance makes it seem fishy to some of us :(
  9. Piestro Augur

Changing the costs or upping the curve does not address any of the psychological barriers.

While you may not have swarmed on your cleric, that doesn't change the fact that others did. We're looking at and will almost certainly be tweaking the Shining numbers.

SK concerns are being addressed.
  10. usa63t New Member

I'm sorry I don't want to come off as needy/winey, but will admit I don't want my class to loose the ability. At this point in my life I simply don't want to take 10-15 min to put a group together wait 10-15 more for everyone to get together and ready, and then deal with refilling the group as people leave down time mid group every time I play. I enjoy having the option at times to go off in my own little corner my own instance to kill things efficiently. When they make this change I will not be able to do that anymore. Even soloing the level 90 dailies is only efficient because of the quest reward otherwise taking a minute to kill a light blue isn't all that fun for me, and besides that 2 of those light blues at once can kill me not likely but it has happened when they get lucky.

I understand all 3 of the classes have the potential of causing zone problems they are not the only 3 that can, but just the 3 of the current ones that I think are causing very little problem. I don't want to see them do this to us and then let it spread to others. That is why I asked from the beginning to split the old abilities off and leave them as they are or finding a way to limit the amount of mobs we could handle at once, and then adding in a new aa line thats goes along with the plan of adding power to what we currently have.
  11. Angry Tacos New Member

SO ABOUT TO NERD RAGE CAUSE I WANT AND EXPLINATION ON HOW AA GRAT VERSUS AA BOOST UP TO 4K IS AN ACTUALY GOING TO HELP PEOPLE LEVEL TO 100 REGULAR XP CREEPS TO A ALMOST STAND STILL AT 80+ AA ARE EASY THIS DOESNT ADDRESS WHAT THEY ARE WANTING TO ADDRESS
  12. Piestro Augur

Deny.
  13. Langya Augur

"To close, I want to talk to you about something exciting we have on the horizon, and it’s one of the things we haven’t discussed previously: Heroic Characters. If you follow or play EverQuest II, this might sound familiar to you. They recently launched Heroic Characters which permits returning players to create a Level 85 Character, allowing players the ability to try out different classes at a higher level and also giving quicker access to high level areas. Our offer of Heroic Characters will be very similar to EverQuest II’s, though our offer will be unique to EverQuest. After all, the games are not the same, so there are just some things that will be different in order to better suit our game. We are just getting underway on this project, so stay tuned for more information!
    Thank you for playing EverQuest!"

Well, thanks for replying. Disappointing but it is what it is. Heroic Characters are a bridge too far and I can see why some people are smelling a rat with all this being rolled out. We all certainly hope that you all know what you are doing.
    Petts and Axeion like this.
  14. SoroxDrinal Elder

15. Catastro Fees New Member

I can not see this to be true? If you can earn say 500 AA in a day by trying something like this, how does that not help the barriers in any way? This to me seems to make no sense just upsetting close out of good input
  16. Piestro Augur

It's there for silver accounts. Gold accounts can't see it because there is no use for them.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

My point, you missed it totally. I'm saying that 90%+ of the people threatening to quit won't follow through. They're acting like spoiled children, "I want it my way or I'm taking my ball and going home." I don't NEED more then one account but if your really walking away over this, give your info to me I'll be happy to strip the valuables from it, sell em all and maybe buy a Krono or two from the bazaar.
    Zaldatil and DirtyGurtie like this.
  18. Dances Journeyman

Another thing I wold like to mention about the 5% post rule is an example.

I post but I also pay for 4 accounts. I wonder how many of the other people who post pay for multiple accounts.

My best in game friend pays for 6 or more accounts and is unhappy about the changes.... Should we create and post under each account we pay for..... so a true representation of the money we pay is put out there?

Now I will really take a break
    Quilix and Mozzarella like this.
  19. Gutzz Journeyman

Sounds like the need for an IN GAME guides for recommended purchasing of AA's. Requiring to go outside of EQ to find some decent info on how you probably should be purchasing your AA's means an extra step and knowledge of how to surf the internet to find what you want. I've always hated going elsewhere to have to find the info that should be here.

The brief description of what the AA's do is nice, but doesn't stress importance or provide strategies.
    Would need a class by class guide and a tradeskill guide.

Tank
    Tanks need Combat Agility (CA) and Combat Stability(CS) AA's. They help you survive getting the living daylights beat out of you.
    Tips: You will probably want to max these as you level if you want to even try tanking mobs your level with a healer or healer mercenary.

Tradeskill
    Salvage: Very beneficial to get the most use out of your materials. Can purchase a Draught of the Craftsman potion from the marketplace for 100% salvage for 2 hours.
    Tricks: You can skill up even on failures. By having salvage, it can give you an opportunity to use the same materials for a 2nd attempt at skilling up. If you don't purchase the (Tradeskill) Mastery AA's, you will fail more often, but those failures can give you more chances at a 2nd attempt at skilling up.

Druid:
    Spell Casting Subtlety: Useful for not drawing aggro.
    Tricks: Depending on your play style, you may WANT aggro. Example: If you're in a kite group, dot up and nuke a mob to have it chase after you while others damage the mob. It would be very hard for you to hold aggro if you have Spell Casting Subtlety.

These sorts of things are probably the TRUE mountain that intimidates new players and maybe even some returning players. If they had a guide available via the EQ Button -> AA Guide, like the Navigation Guide, I'm sure that would help immensely. Can these be found outside EQ? Yeah, but that would just push people outside of EQ and we want them inside as much as possible.
    Caell likes this.
  20. Piestro Augur

So your friend has easy access to knowledge about the game, 2 boxed for increased efficiency, and still had to put in more time than a part time job for 5 months to get to level 85 with a functional number of AA.

In our eyes, that is the mountain of work that we are talking about.
    Bluejaye, Xirtket, Deloehne and 5 others like this.