Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Omniscience New Member

I totally agree with you here
  2. Mozzarella Elder

Not relevant, whatever your class is you earn AAs at the same rate.
  3. Darktessa New Member

If you don't like those suggestion, throw them in the pot for ideas for the loyalty merchant and maybe give us a title

"the AA Lord"
    "the AA Lady"
    "the one who has them all"
    "got to get them all"[/quote]

I would like the title "Hardcore" if you didn't use free aa's. Or something similar.
    Mozzarella likes this.
  4. Thinn Lizzy New Member

Thank you Elidroth for responding at least in acknowledgement of the fact everyone there is still reading the forums. It wasnt that I thought it was being ignored but rather having a finalized answer would be great for my mental stability now at this point. I know it will come in time but its killing me in the mean time haha. I havent even logged into EQ since the night this idea was first posted. I need a final " THIS IS WHAT SOE IS DOING PERIOD" so I can make a choice :) .. Thanks again
    Morningdew likes this.
  5. CLUTCH New Member

Im in awe actually, Although im all for this as far as giving the aas up to whatever expansion. However i feel its a smack in the face for all the players who have years invested in EARNING those aas. why not reward the players who have invested their time with something? rather than reward people who have quit for whatever reason with the same result as if they had played for however length of time lets see, If i quit now ill have 3k more aas if i come back in say 2 years ? sounds like a plan. sounds like a way for sony to make less money too . that last sentence is the only sentence they will be able to see out of my whole post. actually sounds like a savings account that you dont have to invest in and get alot of return later on . great sign me up.
  6. tanith Augur

Personally I don't like illusions (I actually hate having one on me) and don't use titles, but Yinla's basic rationale is sound.
    One advantage of the title, of course, would be that we could see who had actually earned the AA and who had been given them...
    If this has to go ahead in some form I would suggest something more tangible that might actually be useful - as well as the titles.
    So perhaps some station cash; perhaps 'vouchers' that could be used in the marketplace. Then people could buy 'special' items like those above for those who like them; those who felt their xp was undermined could buy xp pots and the rest of us could probably find something useful - even if only some more bags!
  7. Tarrin Augur

Man..I can't wait to see all the new raid apps!

Cause, we all know that when you hit 85 and 4k aas you are pretty much at the end of EQ and ready to raid! Nothing else left to do at level eighty five. RIGHT?!? Its giving away raid toons! At level 85!

I can't wait!
    Arthion likes this.
  8. Melanippe Augur

If by "elitist" you mean people who actually think that putting in time, effort and commitment is something to be proud of, then count me an "elitist" !
    Morningdew likes this.
  9. idej Augur

I would be interested in seeing a live vote over the weekend to actually see what people think. I don't care either way but maybe this would give people an insight on where the game is. A lot of us are in our own little community. What we hear in our little community is what we think people in the game are thinking. This would give us some insight to see if this is indeed what people want or if the vocal few are clouding judgement.
    Omniscience likes this.
  10. Pirouette Augur

Thanks for the update Eli. Myself and plenty of others are happy with the effort SOE is making to be transparent. It may not look like it but these kind of updates do improve morale.
  11. Prathun Developer

Afternoon, all. We are still monitoring this thread and reading your responses. Thank you for your feedback.

I don't suppose it would change your mind if I claimed that we weren't Machiavellian monsters? After all, that's what a Machiavellian monster would say.
    Cyri, Jenarie, Mintalie and 12 others like this.
  12. Eandolf Elder

Could not disagree more. Does someone's new alt that has 4k aa's take away from your experiences, your journey (regardless if they earned the AAs or were auto-granted)? How? It doesn't take away the hours you spent working on your character, learning it's ins and outs. You can still be proud of what you accomplished as well you should be. What other people do should not diminish your accomplishments. If someone walked by a deserted corpse in Underfoot and looted an aug, does that diminish your accomplishment of getting that drop? How?

I also don't understand being against the "entitled newbies" getting AAs and turning around and feeling entitled to a title or special flag. If you are against entitlement, be against it, but please don't turn around and ask for special treatment, it makes me for one completely reject your logic.
    Blink, dreama121 and Aanuvane like this.
  13. Antiok New Member

Way off this topic but what the hell right ?

Here is an interesting note for epics and changes that has been over looked since I don't know when. It has been approached I don't know how many times that the epics other than Sk's are useless, but I still see one class running around holding there epic and that is the necro's. They have been promised over and over to make a change so they can move up to the new range of weapons but are still holding a 300hp item.

As you guys are in the realm of making changes to up the game to be better how about a simple type 3 aug that has the same effect on it as the Necro 2.5 and then they can truly move out of using the 2.5 and finally put it in the bank of a bag like the rest of the game has. Hell I would imagine you could make the cost on it about 100k and they would all still find a way to buy it just to get rid of the epic in their hand now.
  14. Justjax New Member

unless they fix HS so that is the LETHAL thing it is and was intended to be it will in no means be OVERPOWERED , its silly to have to proc this 3 times to kill a lower argath mob (highest HSable) , if you get the message Justjax preforms a Lethal bow Shot , the mob should be dead ! plain and simple , what part of LETHAL does SOE not get ?
  15. Culbay Erus New Member

Piestro, Elidroth and anyone else in the know,

We know you understand the difficulty of accepting change and the reality is that we (your player base) are simply afraid of what this may do the game we all love. In the first place thank you all for creating and maintaining this game for us. Understanding that you have zero chance of making everyone happy we can only hope you understand why we have replied to this as we have. While I'm sure many of us are grateful that you have been so responsive to our requests I know I at least feel slightly left in the dark. Perhaps you could answer a couple simple questions for us to alleviate some of our concerns.

Primarily you've stated that you started the original thread to give us a heads up and receive feedback prior to said changes. While we can all appreciate that we also feel as if you have ignored one of our main concerns at least in so far as supplying an understandable answer. As so many have pointed out there are many ways to help new and returning players past the hurdle of gaining such a massive amount of aa's without giving them away freely. You have replied to the effect that what you are doing is similar enough to the suggestions given as to really be the same thing. As our replies have clearly stated we do not really feel they are justifiably the same.

Please understand to many of us part of the thing that draws us back to Eq is aa advancement. Let's actually spell that out properly as Alternate Advancement. Understand from our point of view once you give aa's to characters simply for leveling it is really no longer Alternate Advancement and has simply become advancement. This may seem trivial but I assure you it is not so trivial as it may sound. I personally would like the ability to decide in which direction my characters are going to advance at my own rate. If you award blanket aa's across all the proposed levels you have taken that option away. Granted I am still able to opt out of this experience which alleviates my frustrations somewhat. At the same time if everyone who feels this way opts out for the same reasons then your gift as it is shall be only provided to a certain sector of the paying population.

This aa gift actually brings two main concerns into play. The first being our decisions about our own advancement. As stated I would like to maintain control over my own advancement. Please consider an alternate way of gifting such aa's. We have given many options that I'm sure your team had already considered. Please for our sake reconsider and open some conversation about this with us. Perhaps in the end you will choose to follow your already stated intent. Perhaps however we can come to a more agreeable decision that allows you to better support not only new players to the game but also those of us that aren't so new.

The second concern many have stated is the amount of time, effort and pride many have invested into their characters who may feel cheated by this gift. I think it's safe to say that part of this is clearly pride and may not come from the best place. I'm sure you can understand however that many have realistically invested a significant portion of their lives into Eq and may feel somewhat marginalized by this decision. I also understand that you have clearly stated several times that your team is discussing some way of compensating said players. All we can ask is that you start a new thread to this effect to help alleviate some of the concern.

None of us want to see Eq go away. None of us want to see our population dwindle or leave upset. You have done an admirable job of communicating with us throughout this process. Thank you for your concern and commitment. Lets move forward in as positive a direction as possible.
    Caell, Melanippe and Morningdew like this.
  16. Antiok New Member

an here is an idea ont eh player going gold to get the aa then back to silver and I am sure it is a simple coding issue. If they go gold to get the aa put in a code if they dont stay gold they still have the aa but get no effects of them if they are not gold. Place this restriction on the account until it has at minimum 12 months paid. At present if you are not gold your gear is worthless due to prestige. So make it where there is a lock on the gifted aa so that they cant jsut pay a month get them and then pop right back to silver. I mean right now silver accounts are locked to 1k aa anyway how hard would it be to put an addition check on the aa's that say checks the /played Years entitled must match 1 year or the aa's are worthless.

This does two things it limits the people that would exploit this feature by getting them and then going back to silver and might appease the masses by not allowing people to do just that.
  17. Voktar Journeyman

Hello, returning player here. My main is a 79 SK with 2800AAs and i want to share my opinion.

I come back to EQ after Sony decided to close Vanguard, i was a necro raider there, raiding 3 days / week. I love raiding and i love doing hard content with friends.

That being said, it took me almost two years to level my SK here without powerleveling and maxing the AAs for my level, getting my Epic 2.0, etc.

I leaved EQ before because the huge amount of AAs and time needed to catch current content. And you know... would be nice if i can try other classes to end level in a reasonable time.

I need to say thanks to the devs for the coming changes, finally i would be able to play with friends at end game and raid a little.

And those of you complaining that giving away free AAs is bad, don't forget that we still have to grind around 4k-6k more AAs to lvl100 without any bonus, so i really don't see any reason to the complains, we are still 4 expansions behind.

That's all, personally i love the coming changes, thanks ;)
  18. idej Augur

Kinda funny how you think raiders are all work, work, work. We are the hardcore elite who wants everything hard except when they cry the drop they want isn't dropping. Everyone wants something. Don't make it seem because people would play a different way you do that they are wah, wah, wah.

I've been stuck PLing classes for our raids. This helps us out if we need a certain class.
    dreama121 likes this.
  19. Justjax New Member

what good is a grey kill ? omg Boogle , send in the boys with the White long sleeved coats !
  20. hal2000 New Member

Thank you SOE. Thank you! This will level the field and make a new user less intimidated about continuing to play. After I came back from my break from EQ I felt I would never catch up on the aa's. This is a big help. I dont care if people dont like it. This level's the field for new start up players. Lots of players on AB are bitter and rude to noob's. So when the vet's wont grp with you and you cant get help, why pay to play or play at all. ( and I said a lot not all players)

Thank you again SOE, thank you very much.
    Kaenneth, Qalliel and dreama121 like this.