Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Rubidium New Member

You couldn't just buy it at the time and in addition to paying 4k you had to work at the assembly line for a year.
    Also, SOE is not a car manufacturer.
  2. Perspero New Member

IMO it's a wash as wizards don't always get the feedback lash from their beams but they are always 0.0 seconds to cast.
  3. Rubidium New Member

For a major part of the playerbase a considerable amount of money was spent to do exactly that - to gain AA XP. And we aren't talking back in Luclin or PoP - we are talking up until this week.
    I can understand not refunding AAs point for point. But I'm really baffled by the "you don't deserve ANYTHING" attitude from some players (including to a certain extent Piestro).
  4. costic New Member

The major flaw in this all aa's up to 4 expansion behind the current is that its to many aa and in many cases will be a just free aa all at once. You cannot sell me on the idea there are alot of incoming players, incoming pwl sold account sure, but new players that are experincing teh game not a chance. I'm not ignoring the grouper player base they exist but like raiders they aren't really growing in numbers.

auto granting some aa like CA CS some of the more viable trualy needed to per lvl pure tier aa sure net a solid 2k aa doing that for trualy getting *new players* up and progressing so they aren't burnt out by the journey, pwl not to be included in such things.

The what is given just needs to be fine lined granting a fully geared fully aa'd toon when the player won't even know many players use 4 to 8 bars of hot keys for aa spells combat abilities, tutorials included now to know what out of your free to each lvl past 51 just granted you?

again idea is just not thought out at all. I'm not even convinced or clear even having read all this what the aa granting is TRUALY supposed to be helping. To stave off the hurdle and time of experancing and learning the character ? I'm still for giving them something like this if it indeed helps not burn out the supposed new clients coming in but in truth this will just be exploited for a one month go gold grab your free aa and go back to silver sorta deal.

I have 4 account 6 maxed aa ish toons honestly don't care 2 shakes about wah I won't benfit from this on my primary characters, I play alts i have alot of them, at most this change would just save me some time at enjoying them more at the same lvl as my other characters. It just have teh draw back of increase players poping up with no idea how to play there characters, but with the direction of things sony intends to change how all characters are played a few times over with needless nerfing.
    Caell likes this.
  5. Sinzz Augur

1/20th of the population complain we get nerfs , 1/20 of the population beg for fixes to improve game we get silence ......look how long uchat has been acting up yet beaming has consumed the dev resources and folks aren't even beaming in new zones the only folks whining are people who aren't being hurt but people who don't want someone else doing something they cannot do, look and see how many of these complainers can actually even zone into those t3 rof zones and kill something? then ban the folks who have complained and costed you customer service money to complain about something that isn't even effecting them.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Perspero New Member

Why not? Mages get CoTH which is a port, kinda.... right?
  7. DigiScot New Member

It baffles me why you think you deserver SOMETHING?

Back in the early days, I spent way, waaay more time and money just getting to level 50.

Now people can get to 95 for free in a few days......

Do I feel I deserve something for spending all that cash while people today get it for free? No, I do not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Perspero New Member

This isn't adding value to gold accounts. It's adding value to ONE MONTH of gold subscription. After the month is over what will you then give away that we've had to sweat for all these years? Candy coated crap is ... well just crap. :)
  9. Enkel Augur

I do wonder how people feel that have spent real cash on exp potions to grind out AA that will now be granted instantly.
    Caell and Morningdew like this.
  10. Rubidium New Member

I've bought two last week.
    Yeah.
    Caell, Morningdew and Brittney like this.
  11. Brittney New Member

If they going to nerf classes that can swarm pull/ beam pull all because of server lag, then maybe we should not stop there, we should also ban raids too, because raids also cause server lag, just think when you get 30,40, 50+ players in one zone, you know that going to lag out the zone. So if you’re going to make this game suck, then why stop there just make it suck all the way around. :(

We would not have this problem if we didn't have so many crybabies playing the game, and the same crybabies are the ones that want all the free AAs too. They don't want to work for the AAs they want everything given to them for free.

I wish that you make a server for the people that don't want the changes and for the ones that do what the changes. Then after everyone chooses the server they want, then see what server has the most players in it. Doing it this ways makes everyone happy. You can call the server that gives all the free AAs and all the nerfs the EASY server, or something along that lines. This way you keep the money rolling in from old time players and new players that just wants to get things for free, and it takes care of the problem of people crying because they play a class that can't do what a mage can do or SK can do...
    Here soon you’re going to have to give a monk the ability to COH and to heal them self, life tap, etc., just to make people that don't understand this game happy.

I really hope that SOE don't give out free AAs, that is really a bad ideal, What about people that have worked hard for them AAs what do they get for wasting all there time on them AAs, and what about the players that are maxed AAs right now, but they had to work hard for all AAs they have, what do they get?

If you’re trying to take away the possibility of power leveling then you need to stop low level power leveling too. Everyone knows if you take a high level with a damage shield, and the high level pulls the whole zone and then ducks, and then let the low level use an AOE to nuke the mobs once or twice, then the low level just sits back and watch as his levels go by. Well, that too can cause server lag, and in my opinion is no different than a mage or SK swarm pulling/beam pulling, just power leveling for higher levels.

People that log on to the servers from different countries also causes server lag, this happens with other games too.

Again it would be nice to have a server for the people that don't want the changes and a server for the ones that do, not only that but maybe even a server for people that like to solo all the time. Not everyone in the game wants to group with other players, and some players have boxed toons and do this so they don't have to group with others. They like to relax and play the game how they want and at their own pace too, in whatever zone they feel like going, not to mention that they don't have to random for all the nice items that don't drop very often in the game, so the chance they get what they want is better. Keep this in mind when you’re trying to make it to where more players group together because not all want to group with other players. ;)
    Pirouette and tanith like this.
  12. Oranges Augur

do merc rogues assasinate
  13. Gutzz Journeyman

Innate Lung Capacity Rank 5 vs. Rank 6.
    Rank 5 increases your lung capacity.
    Rank 6 returns you to base lung capacity and gives you faerune essentially.

I can think of at least 1 specific instance rank 6 is actually a detriment.
    (rank 1-5 is fine though...as would be changing 6 to retain the bonus to lung capacity + water breathing)
  14. Enkel Augur

I have a friend that recently returned to EQ. He really wanted to catch up to his friends in game, and has dropped 300 dollars on EXP potions. Less than a month later all his effort is worthless, since those AA will be auto granted if this goes through.
    Caell and Morningdew like this.
  15. Coruth Augur

The flaw in logic is an xp group situation though is if a Ranger's melee DPS is already 9k higher than his bow dps. Then any archery upgrade isn't used for xping. And you will get the occasional ones on arrow spells.
  16. costic New Member

assassinate decap headshot.
    these are such fun and do not need changing. I've play a zerk and ranger side bar a rogue at times. I've used these abilities on all of them.
    There are secrets about some where they can swarm them but they still need a healer to do so. and they aren't chainable they are like every 20 30 minutes usable when the disc is up. monks have a simlar set up that can do the same thing.
    Zerk and rogue is like sk swarm, even more so if you use sk epic, such a comment might infact get skepic nerfed harder, I have an sk also.( played them all)

sk mortal coil removed or proc limited would remove the swarming by that class. don't feel its a needed nerf, I posted a far better solution above.

zerks decap doesn't need proc changes or lvl increases non of them need lvl increases and then proc changes( let alone agro adjustment changes) zerk decap can be used to swarm I've never done it but I know the method basics. and its still easy to die requires a healer more then just a merc if really swarming. reckless, rampage, couple other disc, you get the picture its a kill them before they kill you disc burn.

rogues can only do humaniod they don't need to be lumped in at all I did do some assinating back in feerrot temple it was fun to see it but still easy to die was easier just walking around one shoting them then mass pulling.(mobs need leashes not mass character overhalls)

rangers headshot gather 20 mobs vineleash pick them off keep vineleashing, no real danger just keep them vineleashed skill and still time consuming getting them in a tight little grouping. xover tracks if goes bad try again 5 minutes reuse.

non of these things is overly game breaking. the addition to mages beams changed things however alot. It made swarming more front page again cause mages were zone lagging flatlineing entire zones *current content zones* and keeping them that way every 20 minutes. Everyone really can thank them for being the last hump that broke the camels back so to speek.

that said mages don't beam in current content its only animals ( non summoning targets) POS, evanti, COB, I'm sure there are more zones but that mass lagging and more regularly, Sk's do there swarms smart they go to zones where they won't bother no one and then would swarm mages made the very bad choice of doing it right where it interfears with everyone trying to quest or just walk threw the zone to do a mission. Dumb move that was just, bad.

the easy fix is to make like every one out of ten animals summon and have nothing special in its name make it still summon at 96% so it can't be avoided and it solves it no more mage zone lagging. or cap beam like rains witch I think has been the solution, lump wizin with mages as they can both do it. Beam is still handy on some raids, some missions target capped not sure over all effect.

again if you just leash point reset mobs non of this is an issue and you don't have to cripple abilities that have become commonplace to these classes.

the lvl 99 with reduced proc on the assinate decap, HS are just pointless agro magnet and utility reduction at best. those complaing zerks decap hits all types play a zerk some time and then say they don't deserve it, zerk were basicly dead from the game till decap came in the rare zerks that stuck it out are just that RARE. Rogues aren't far ahead of zerks in longevity barely ahead of zerks mainy cause their class has existed longer. Rangers there still everywhere, everywhere, everywhere. I could be sold rogues assinate should work on all types but never on rangers who can root rot there targets zerk and rogue have to get in the mobs face and servive. ranger is just run around in circle till you can bunch and root, that in effect evens it out. rogues kinda do have the short stick.
  17. INUKAI New Member

End game is/going to be the only thing left in EQ now. Honestly i do not want to raid with an influx of near/instant raid requirement alts/new-returning players who have little to no idea how to play their class.

Seriously make a separate non transfer sever for these instant level/AA changes and offer free server transfers to everyone, let them choose to transfer if they wish.
  18. costic New Member

I see an active posting dev on here any feed back on just makeing mobs auto leash to spawn point if out and about in a zone trying to gather 50 100 mobs they just auto de agro and go home if pulled 50 feet from spawn point ?

even 100 would be good they could bunch upa solid 20 max thats not game breaking.

I'd really like to know why this couldn't be done instead of mass changing a bunch of classes. To many zones ? can't just add it in ? I'd really like to hear on this.
    Caell and Enkel like this.
  19. Gragas Augur

An influx of new players would be bad exactly how?

This will just reduce the tedium of mindless grinding and maybe get some "new" people to stick around instead of just plain quitting because they have 10,000 more aa's to grind to actually contribute to their group or raid.

Maybe I am just too laid back but having several maxed AA toons, am by no means upset about AA's/levels being given out to new players as long as a subscription is paid.

Just like any game some people are going to suck playing it no matter how many aa's they have or don't have.

Pretty sure that's why most raiding guilds have an application period?
  20. Enkel Augur

I talked about this today with guildies. This would seem like a better change. Add a leash range, say 1200 (just a placeholder), and they walk back to spawn if they pass this point. This would allow people to keep their abilities, while discouraging insane swarming (also might help with mass training others). I don't know how hard it would be to program that, but it seems like a good resolve to this issue, at least at first glance.
    Caell likes this.