Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Numzan Augur

Well honestly nothing has been changed, other then appeasing to a few categories. Could we get all our AA's back in a banked form, and allow us to spend them after you give the AKA passive aa's to everyone?

This was done on Rift where everyone could re-spec their characters, maybe now is the time to look at this function?
  2. Piestro Augur

Please don't do that on the forums.

This is ultimately up to the devs. We had considered it at one point, when the restrictions to those abilities were going to be far more severe than even the initial post. I'll bring it back up again later.
    Airowen, Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  3. Piestro Augur

Probably scale naturally.
    Airowen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Nudia Augur

Anyone else already started working that alt they've always wanted to try but never wanted to trudge through a few months of boredom to see if they'd enjoy it?

New worst warrior on Povar incoming, ETA February!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Shimmerleaf like this.
  5. SteveTheDreamer New Member

But if all you did for Ward was change the proc limit then that just means recast the buff... Even when I have 30+ mobs hitting me I can still land short cast time buffs with maxed channeling and spell casting AAs. The cost of mana is trivial. I agree with that poster if anything you just made it slightly more annoying for Clerics. It will just take longer to achieve the same goal.

You havn't solved the real problem or addressed the issue of "swaming" then.

And I think part of the problem is everyone here has a different personal definition of what "swarming" really means. To some of us it might mean 20 - 30 mobs. And clearly for some others it's 100 - 200.
    If if you are trying to improve the server performance by preventing us from "swarming" too much then I think you need to be VERY clear on what that limit is. I understand you probably don't have those exact numbers from the data.

But regardless of the changes you make, it has already been made clear by numerous players posting here that it is possible for other classes to swarm by other means not requiring the use of the abilities that are being changed.

My suggestion is if the real problem is server performance and pulling to many mobs, then you must make a statement, with a definition and a rule explicitly stating what swarming is and that players are not allowed to"swarm X number of mobs within a zone. I am not saying I like the idea of this rule but I think that will be more important than the changes you plan to make to specific classes.

Furthermore if we as players are to help enforce the rules by abiding by them rules and reporting others players who are still doing zone wide pulls and slowing down the server, we will need to know what the practical limits are. How much is too much? Do we wait to report until the zone is already slow?
  6. Nightmares Augur

Piestro, I have a post on Page 8, have you had a chance to look at it by chance?
  7. Otzberger New Member

I am a returning player that is WAY behind in AAs, so I was pretty much in favor of this. My question to you, Prathun, Piestro, (or any other SoE rep in the know) is this: If I save, for example, 100 AA before the patch that grants the AAs, will I be granted the full amount in addition to the 100 that I have saved or will the 100 be deducted from the total amount granted? I want to grind out AAs, but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by saving up X number of AAs only to have them deducted from the total granted later.

--- And to all those about to complain that I just want to short-cut or take the easy way, keep in mind that I'd still have about 8,500 AAs to grind out as a Ranger, so if the 4k that's being talked about is accurate, that's only about 1/3 of the total. I know (knew) my class before I quit EQ in 2007... I was a hard-core raider, I ran raids for those that weren't in guilds or in guilds that couldn't reach the mid to end game content (open raids), and have well over 150 days played time (not sitting around in the GL or whatever). It'll take me some freshening up, but I'm confident that I'll be able to hold my own in groups after a week or two of getting used to this brand of MMO again.

The headshot change had me bumbed out, but I think this new option is acceptable (and should be across the other classes with their abilities). I give a thumbs up to this change.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Piestro Augur

Rangers have a fair number of options for ranged pulling rather than archery. Is this really more desirable than the ability never being upgraded again and fading into uselessness?
    Nuada likes this.
  9. Risiko Augur

This is the WORST changes ever made to Everquest. Really really bad design changes being made here.

Congratulations. You've finally killed EQ.
  10. Piestro Augur

Riposte will now continue to proc taps.
  11. Groans Augur

Wow barely missed that, I was just about to subscribe this friday and buy the expansions, I missed playing my SK and I LOVED swarm kiting on him, was so fun. Heard some brother SK in game crying about nerfs as im looking at my SK remembering all the fun swarm kiting i was doing asked him what was going on and came here to this post. Thank you devs for doing this now was gonna sub 2 accounts you guys just saved me 110 bucks :)
    Morningdew and Fenthen like this.
  12. dpsdpsdps Elder

ok i'll say it again then...no aa auto grant at all. it is a smack in the face to every veteran who maxed already.
    Morningdew likes this.
  13. Piestro Augur

It's not likely to be the 12th.
  14. Mangled New Member

OK, why not just leave a few servers as they are without nerfs, and post a warning that swarming Headshot etc etc are allowed and add a play at your own risk as lag might happen on said servers, then give us players the option of transfering to the servers we want . ????
  15. Piestro Augur

I'm forwarding this on to the devs now. Thanks!
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I know you guys read my post about Twincast, yet it has not be excluded from the AAs being granted.

So should I just assume that you will be changing Discord Tower Event #6: Overlord Muram so that it can still be completed? Because when Taromani shouts, 'Shower me with fire!' and/or Sibuncu shouts, 'Blast me with ice!' and we wind up hitting them twice and thus fail the emote, run out of time, and everyone in the raid gets death touched, it's going to make it really hard for anyone who has not gotten Void G to ever get it.

The only other raid I know of with this problem is Beltron the Shade King. Which isn't much of a problem if you have a high level group, twincasting on a layered ice golem isn't a problem, if you are not attempting it with a low level raid. But it would cause a problem if low level people wanted to do it.

Beyond those two raids, there might be more times it is a problem, but I don't know of any off hand.
  17. Hatsee Augur

We forced the wizards to do this, and we cleared it fine twice a week for almost a year.

It's really not the problem you want to make it out to be.
  18. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Why is it that you have replied to almost every question here Piesto but took 2 months to say one thing in the thread about the chat channels?

You may say that EQ isn't going anywhere but it sure looks like Sony is trying to kill eq by running it into the ground. this feels like another money grab by getting everyone with silver accounts to buy a month of gold to get all those aa.
  19. Piestro Augur

I'll try to get to it at some point. Unfortunately I don't have time to reply to them all right now. I've already gotten one "You're still working after you got home so late?" from the wife.
  20. RaceCondition Augur

A big part of the game for many veterans is working on alts, especially between raids. We enjoy working on alts on lower level content and gaining AAs.

Giving everyone the AAs with gold status simply ruins that, along with any chance of grouping with anyone at lower levels. You're making working on AAs at lower levels counter productive, since there's no AA you can purchase at lower levels that won't be automatically gifted.

There's no point in keeping multiple gold subs active just for raiding, especially where it's extremely difficult to box while raiding. I'll probably find myself completely cancelling my accounts out of boredom, as so much content is pointless now.

What bothers me is that you're claiming that you're making the auto grant AA changes to make it easier for players to catch up, without explaining what was wrong with just making AAs faster.

It takes no genius that it's about the gold status, but people already get gold status when they reach the AA cap. Making AAs gain faster will make people reach the AA cap faster and thus get gold status.

You're ruining a large portion of content (<85) for everyone and I feel you're making a terrible mistake that cannot be corrected. As for a lot of games, it's the developers that usually ultimately kill the game with a bad decisions, and I hope it's not too late for you to see that there isn't much to gain from the AA change.

Thanks for reading if you managed to get this far.
    Caell, Morningdew and tanith like this.