Changes with the February Update: Alternate Ability Grants for Gold Members and Ability Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatsamaru New Member

I agree completely with this, except I started with luclin expansion. EQ was heartless and it was ROUGH to say the least, I have searched for a game of what EQ USED to be and still have yet to find one. Death in this game is nothing but a 2 second trip to the guild lobby anymore, nothing really to fear in the game anymore. Bring back what EQ USED to be and I am sure you will attract gamers.

2. Izcurly Augur

It was all servers that did exist, not just one. And I did say "regardless of how you spin it".
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

It was done more than five months ago...
  4. Werklerer New Member

I just want to post this.
    I would like the option to opt out for the free AA's please make it a /claim or something, I have been putting in ALOT of time onto my character and earned my own 1500 AA's already, if/when this patch goes through he will be kind of capped on AA's as his current level, only one ability above "underfoot" is available, the rest are all under.

so please give me the option to NOT get all those AA's otherwise I might quit the game for good and have been doing my very best to play for the last fourteen years.
    Tarrin, Tatsamaru and WayCoolJr like this.
  5. Jent Elder

I will say I absolutely agree with an opt-out. Some people enjoy that part of the game. A lot of us love alts and have just done that part of the game so many times.
    Tarrin, Sinestra and WayCoolJr like this.
  6. aniam Journeyman

I started with luclin too. I agree with what you said. There is a reason people try out classic eq servers. They want some of that hardcore-ness back...
  7. Cevil's Remains Master

I have been playing again actively since before RoF was released, Sinestra... and purchased it on my main account when it was. The past 5 months, my gameplay has been much more heavy, I was stating. Never heard anything until the very mention of this pissed off everyone I know in game and I heard from them. This is a GAME CHANGER. And not a good one.
  8. Feradach Augur

Yeah, but at the time the general assumptions were that y'all were talking about auto-granting things like CA and CS. I seriously doubt anyone thought an auto-grant of this magnitude would ever be considered. If they had, based on the feedback seen in this thread you can safely assume the outcome would be much different. Those results should in no way whatsoever be used to justify the actions proposed thus far for the February update.
  9. Bloodclaws Journeyman

Run a new poll now don't take a two ta three year old poll an say this is it, put it in context an run a new one you will have your feedback in a day from everyone. Run a new in-game poll about the aa's, run a poll in-game on each class you wish to change an get full non-disclosed coverage from everyone logging inta the game
  10. SteveTheDreamer New Member

A "slight" change of topic? This has absolutely nothing to do with auto granting AAs or the changes to character abilities.
    When there is a thread this important that has so many people commenting so frequently that readers struggle to catch up, PLEASE do not post something off topic....
    There are numerous other places to take that sort of discussion. There is more than enough ON TOPIC discussion going on in here.
  11. Screamos New Member

yeah let's stop dumbing down the game...get rid of corpse summoners, make you loot you corpse again, delete all stones in pok and guild hall ,let buff timers run down. 90% of the whiners would die if that was to happen so quit acting like hardcore dedicated players.and SoE wanting to make money off of heroic toons? errrr they are a for profit company what do you think they care about? LOL most whiners on here pissed because they will be losing the 12 million plat they make for power leveling and logging on your 12 different accounts to post gripes..........
    code-zero, Jent and Sinestra like this.
  12. Eandolf Elder

I'm sorry, you are going to have to express some rationale for this statement. Why is this a game changer? People said that about xp potions, xp potions in marketplace, veterans aas, increasing the earn xp for aas under 4k, the 50/51 server... Basically any changes at all to the concept of "hell levels" has caused some people to break out in hives. Why?

Why does someone not being auto-granted end game, but having an opportunity to start 4 expansions behind the curve AFTER they have leveled up to the appropriate level constitute a "game changer". I honestly don't get it.
    Iila, Elricvonclief and Screamos like this.
  13. IhateSockPuppets New Member

What's wrong with you making a new toon to play up with them? (since you seem to be so cavalier about this, just consider it an expendable toon... you can throw it away when level your friends/relatives up to 70 to group with your 100 main)
  14. Sinestra Augur

They should never use the forums as a measure for what is or is not wanted or liked in the game, and they don't.
  15. Sinestra Augur

It was dead long before mercs.
  16. Feradach Augur

There was indeed a poll, but there was no indication of a big move like what's being proposed here. If you're going to try and use poll results to help shape the game direction, I'd recommend making them more concise and closer to the time of execution. Those old results should be thrown out since nothing was actually done at the time and a new poll should be done.
  17. Cisco Elder

When all these nerfs happen, wonder what's going to stop people from going to various zones and grabbing swarm pulls all day and just running aroundwith them? I can already see it happening on bertox as well as a few other servers. People will probably make a bunch of FTP armies just to do it. The issue of server lag will still be there. People will still mass pull zones for faction and tradeskill items.
  18. Cevil's Remains Master

I agree with Feradach on this, I seriously doubt anyone thought your grant was going to be anything over 500 MUST HAVE already assigned points. Most people in favor of your killing blow to EQ are already asking for MORE, wanting to place the points where they choose and be given lumps at certain levels, WOW...this is not WoW! And its just absurd that people are claiming its 2/1 with people wanting a grant being the majority.
    Feradach likes this.
  19. Sinestra Augur

Put in an option for doing this or not and then you can ignore everyone who dislikes the change.
  20. Feradach Augur

Seems to me like they did for the 500 SC deal. These forums weren't the sole source of player feedback, but they were indeed part of it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.