Changes with the February Update: Alternate Ability Grants for Gold Members and Ability Changes

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aegenor Journeyman

So Piestro. As Supreme Commander of Public Communications or whatever your title is...dont you hate the devs when they do things like this? :D
  2. goozik New Member

I've always though it was kinda weird the were AA's as well. Should be something given for doing some trade skill questing imo. On the same note, if they aren't given AA's and still have to be earned a box should open up once you reach skill 50 saying there is AA's available for this skill. Along with a box when you reach extra skills @ 200 for your max amount of trade skills, saying you need more AA's to raise this skill. Easy to miss the AA and not realize their is a cap on trade skills @ 200+.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

You keep saying most people. How many is most? How small of a sample size did they use? No one except Sony knows who voted, but I do know it was anyone that logged in during the poll which lasted at least a week and was a pop up before you logged into the game on everyone's game.

I'm all for the changes. I hope they continue in this way and I've played since 1999.
  4. IhateSockPuppets New Member

... he said, without addressing the content of my comment (about how to get quality guides and GMs).
  5. Twochords Journeyman

this is like... in game poll " do you like pets?" 2 years later ... yes votes win the poll please expect your 4 elephants to be delivered this month.
    players say WTH???
    Devs say but yes won the poll whats the problem?
    Drakyne and Fenthen like this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

It's all of the Underfoot and previous AAs will be done. There's no bulk of unspent AAs you get to spend at your discretion. The sub-5k AA bonus will basically be eliminated. If you are working on AAs right now and in the near future, I'd suggest only purchasing AAs from the following expansions:
    • House of Thule
    • Veil of Alaris
    • Rain of Fear
    • Call of the Forsaken
    Those are the ones which you will still need to purchase when/if this change goes through.
  7. Omniscience New Member

I asked for a Banshee merc and this is what I get?!
    As a yearly subscriber I feel what I paid for and worked hard for is being taken away from me, ultimately I'm feeling robbed!
  8. Sinestra Augur

I am not a fan of all the swarming changes, but I am excited about the new AA granting finally going in and going in as they have planned already.
    Jent likes this.
  9. Oranges Augur

I think that is a slightly weird argument.

*if you had fun getting those AA..why are you getting robbed

*if you did not have fun getting those AA, and felt it was "work"..isn't them granting those AA to people more easily better, since it seems like something not everyone liked to do
    Endymion, moogs and Sinestra like this.
  10. Jent Elder

As a general supporter of all this, I do have to say the changes to SK epic procs are going to hurt that class in unintended ways. As a warrior, I fully support that. JK
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Sakkath New Member

So I will get all the spell casting subtlety AA's? I don't want them!!!!!
  12. Ssixa Augur

Nah they already said they will leave SCS off the list of autogranted AAs Sakkath. You are safe...in that regard.
  13. Canik Augur

They already said that wasn't included.
  14. Sakkath New Member

oops, missed that - thanks.
  15. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Most being a majority of people I meet and or talk to in game, which is of course about as reliable a metric as a 3 year old poll with no information given on the intentions. I'm not saying it's right or wrong or even arguing for either side, I just think this could of been handled a lot better than it was beyond using a 3 year old poll as an excuse for sweeping changes to the core of the game. All using the old poll for a reason for these changes did is tick even more people that never heard of it or voted on it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Omniscience New Member

I could care less about the aa giveaway, my post is referring to all character nerfs, what I paid for initially is being changed therefore I feel robbed or for a better word "cheated"
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

I wonder if we'll have an "emergency" patch to implement these "game improvements" in the near future.
  18. Beammeup New Member

As I'm sure I'm one of the few people who actually read every single page of this post, I truly got tired of all your replies Oranges.

Implying that someone "is not getting robbed" because they had fun doing it is a terrible argument. If anything, your only improving the other sides argument! If it's "so much fun" to gain AAs, why then, should this new breed of players coming in, not be subjugated to that same "so much fun"?

The second line of your reasoning is just terrible. People found work unfun, so let's just remove all the work and get straight to the fun ok? Not everyone likes it, so just remove all that work, go straight to profit. I think most people would agree, that even though constant grinding, at times, can be boring, IT IS THAT WORK THAT INTRINSICALLY FAMILIARIZES YOU WITH YOUR CHARACTER

Nothing in life worth having, comes easy, and that includes Alternate Advancement Points.
    Vanety, Thinn Lizzy and stewby2252 like this.
  19. davnegsep Journeyman

soe is nerfing lifetap- How nerfing lifetap when riposte willl aflect shadow knight as a class. would soe can explain to me that a magician's pet tank better than a Shadow knight full group CoF geared and aa maxed , and now they soe is going to nerf lifetaps that is an important part pf SK tanking??
  20. tatt2ed New Member

I don't want a lot of the AA they want to give me, and that puts me over 4k, which makes it 5 times slower to get the AA i want/need. So ya it makes sense if you know what you are talking about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.