Universal Chat server instability

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Underbrush, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gillette Lorekeeper

Fairly sure redeeming Krono requires the chat system too. I wasn't able to do it the other day while the channels were down.

It's past time this gets fixed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Underbrush Elder

I had hoped this would stabilize post patch, no such luck. Was most unstable during prime time.
  3. Underbrush Elder

Just started our raids and ... the channels went down. Come on.
  4. Jokskilove Palzerker

You guys need to stop complaining. I get disconnected after 1-2 minutes in a zone, and never reconnect. But channels are always back after zoning. Customer support refuses to acknowledge that anyone is having problems with chat, and keeps blaming my ISP.

I would love to ask my ISP about the connection to the SOE servers, but none of the customer supporters I got in touch with were able to explain to me why I was only having problems with the chat service and not with my connection to the game. Additionally, they did not even acknowledge, that neither the game server nor the chat server matched the IP ranges they had described in their knowledge base article.

This problem is not real, you're imagining things...
  5. A-Quad Augur

/bump for the many players still experiencing this nuisance for over 2 weeks now.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

They are aware of it despite not acknowledging it as a problem.
  7. Narye Augur

This issue will not quietly "go away" and believe me - we wont forget it!
    We will be reminded everytime we "/4 I need a warrior rotation - channel not found happens", or a /t random guildie "get that new app in your channel and make sure they run so they dont wipe us", and x guildie tells you "what channel?"

I dont even care if its a stealth fix, just please, for the love of Tunare, fix it, the hamster jokes are getting old, the spam for autojoining and who I have on ignore (only 1, I promise!) are getting really old, and really tiring.
  8. Langya Augur

This is the basis of the Universal Chat Service:

[IMG]

Time to change the ballast, or the bulbs or the flux capacitor.....
    Leerah, Fenthen, Axxius and 2 others like this.
  9. Xslia Elder

Hello - it's Monday jan 27th and we lost chat channel @ 8:42 pm EST - right in the middle of prime raid times.
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

Channels bouncing around like a superball here on BB atm
  11. BoomWalker Augur

8:42 pm EST is 5:42 pm PST....and thus nothing happens after office hours...and this problem isn't real.

And remember...EQ Players is being fixed...first...2016...and UCS is next on the list...2018 or 2023....

EQ Casual and EQ Lincoln Logs doesn't need chat channels...there are no keyboards on console games...just use voice chat on XBox Live or mumble/vent/teamspeak.

..."working as intended" and upgrades are planned..(2018)....
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Axxius Augur

This is seriously annoying. Why is there no response from SOE at all on this issue? Piestro, can you ask somebody what's going on with UCS?
    Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Marshall Maathers Augur

The UCS wasn't meant to be sustainable in that sense. It has been changed to 3 minutes up, 2 minutes down.
  14. Narye Augur

Please /beg /plead / grovel

That work?
  15. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good one. Wonder how many people got it?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Actually, there are no plans at the moment to bring back EQ Players. Not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that Piestro stated it is not on the list at the moment.
  17. BoomWalker Augur

EQ Players will come back when CENSOR...er...CENSUS is fielded. It will magically appear once it is released for all the real games under SOE....like EQ Casual and Planetside 2.
  18. Riou EQResource

It's already available for Planetside 2 :) (I believe Planetside 2 and even EQ2 are still not 'done' though for them to move onto the next game)
  19. BoomWalker Augur

Wasn't it still beta? Maybe a final release slipped in while everyone was starting at EQ Casual videos...
  20. Riou EQResource

It is weird, they had a beta and non-beta one (at the same time), they do versions of it so the new version being worked on changes a lot of things and would break the old one on people, they are up to v2 on PS2 and not complete for EQ2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.