Features you wish were in game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dabrixmgp, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Iila Augur

It's kinda weird, but if you strafe the mount doesn't have a run-up time. If you push forward the speed will drop down and go through the mount acceleration, so you have to keep moving sideways.
  2. Cone head Augur

The ability to use another character on the same account in place of a mercenary.
    Pelrond, Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Risiko Augur

Defensive Target! OMG I wish we had Defensive Target.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. RagePaw Augur

Raid wide logging. One person can turn this on to get heal/dmg figures from everyone in the raid group.

Would lead to more accurate parsing of dps/healing/tanking.
  5. savrin Augur

I would like to see raid system overhauled.
    1. If a player goes ld they stay in the group they were in and stay in raid.
    2. Accepting raid invites always gets you in raid whether raid locked or not.
    3. All players in the raid should automatically be added to the dz when they join the raid.
    4. Locking the raid should not make so you cannot change group leaders or move folks around.

Chat windows tabs. Group could be one tab, say another tab, raid another tab etc.
  6. Zemi New Member

I'm surprised I haven't seen it in this post yet; Search function for the bank window.
    Pelrond, Leerah, Fanra and 4 others like this.
  7. Narye Augur

Oh I'd kill for a search function in the bank! No more staring at bag upon bag, looking for one little thing..
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sinestra like this.
  8. Atvar Augur

Yes to bank search! I had to do /outputfile to find an aug I misplaced last week.

I would love AE looting but feel that it would double server prices overnight, or worse in the long term. People leave so many diamonds on corpses it's ridiculous.
    Leerah and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Mithrandyr Augur

They have two of these in EQ2
    There is a display page that has primary, secondary, visible armor slots that, when equipped, give the look of the item without the stats.
    They also have an inventory search function that includes bank.
    Would love both of these.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  10. Sinestra Augur

I would also love the ability to not only search your inventory and bank, but to look for specific item types. I only want to find an aug? I can filter out everything but augs like in the Bazaar.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Phrett Augur

remove push. entirely.

(I guess that's a feature I would like to NOT see, technically)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sinestra like this.
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree!
    A /bank command that works exactly like /baz does. (to save on new coding)
    To receive your stuff:
    If you're at a banker, no charge to remove an item. (of course)
    If NOT at a banker, then your only choice is to use an expedient delivery voucher.
    This would make SOE some more money on the vouchers even!
    -Rat
    Moklianne and Sinestra like this.
  13. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Overhaul of the chat system, there is too many things bunched up into single categories that can't be masked without turning off wanted things.
    Leerah, Gyurika Godofwar and Atvar like this.
  14. Tharrg Augur

They need to overhaul the Merchant system in game to better price items. I would like to take an item that I received off a level 50 mob in a high level zone and sell it to a merchant and him give me more for it then he does for fine steel. The system should be redone to calculate the base price of an item based on the zone it is from and then the mobs level that drops it. x=zone category (low level, mid level, high level, etc etc)..... times y = mob level (average level) etc etc... to get a base price on items. It would be nice to explore and old dungeon and take that loot which is worthless to players and be able to sell it to a merchant and actually come away feeling like I got something for my work. Prices that merchants offer is idiotic sometimes.. it would be nice to see it changed to reflect a better system. This would also create a minimum sell price on items that would be nice if using bazaar.
  15. Draego Augur

A Master Trainer in the Guild Hall, no more needing to run to this or that Guild Master in order to train skills that may be lacking.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

I would like it if they would remove aug slots from gear/items and instead have those slots in the item slots themselves:

[IMG]

This way those slots remain augged even when you switch out gear.
    Unfortunately it would introduce more issues than it solves, eg.:

CONS:
    * What happens to all of the augments already in gear in your bags, in banks, and houses? Would they be automatically removed and placed in available empty bag/plot spots? 50 things on your cursor?
    Perhaps items that are stored could remain augged indefinitely until you pick it up with your cursor in which case the aug slots vanish from the item and those augs placed in your inventory.
    * Different items have different types of augs they will accept while others vary from 1-4ish. Not sure how this could be addressed if it were the slots that were augged.
    * Others I'm sure I've missed.

This is probably something that would have been viable if done this way from day-one of augs making the scene but we're probably too far into it to change now. The logic and coding would most likely be too substantial to make it worth it at this point.
    Sinestra and Draego like this.
  17. SyDiko Augur

and a way to sort them by level.
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Sinestra Augur

There are so many AAs, it certainly would be nice to be able to have a "Can Purchase" option that works on level regardless of whether or not you have the amount of AAs required to buy said AAs.

So if I have 0 AAs right now, but want to know what is available to me at my current level, I can sort through what is available to me so I know what to work on.
    JacklSK likes this.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

And this would be simple to fix too (well, in theory. nothing is simple with EQ code). All you need to do is instead of interrupting when the server thinks you have moved at all, just give us a tiny leeway. So instead of "movement > 0 = interrupt" make it "movement > 0.1 = interrupt" or similar. Because the whole thing is because the server and client don't sync 100%. So all they need to do is cut us a tiny bit of slack.
  20. Sinestra Augur

I wish they would remove the "fix" that wouldn't allow you to cast on a mob if you can't see its feet. Really, that blade of grass that is six inches long blocks my giant poisoned spear? I can't see his Payless knockoffs so therefore I can't shoot him in the head with an arrow? It was a dumb and lazy fix before, and it is dumb now. Mobs warp to you if they can't reach you even when it isn't necessary so the time for this has passed.
    Leerah and Fanra like this.