2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Piestro Augur

Stay tuned. I suspect there will be something soon(no tm).
  2. Piestro Augur

3. taliefer Augur

so in a nutshell...changing all memberships to all access to give players more value, closing 4 of the all access games down later this year, cause value?
    Ricker and Geroblue like this.
  4. Ricker New Member

so now i have to claim my monthly SC rather than it just going to my account and i get nothing, however you tell me this is a deal. yea starting to regret buy the year membership with SOE again. i sincerely dought i will renew when what is paid for is fineshed.
  5. Grundged Lorekeeper

my guess...probably uneducated player base. 500 SC is better then an item up to 2000sc?

Oh well, guess that why I wont be subbing anymore, honestly I have better things to do with my free time anyhow.
    Ricker likes this.
  6. Obberyn New Member

I was an origanal eq player in 99, i cant remember the name of my account or the email i used. how can get that info and if i do can i be grandfathered in?
  7. Fendy Augur

Here's an example. I like to decorate my house for Frostfell. There is a rocking fence on the marketplace, Frostfell Candy Cane Gumdrop Fence 100SC and Frostfell Candy Cane Gumdrop Fence Post 100SC. It takes 32 fence sections plus 4 fence posts to go around my house. At one 2000SC item a month it will take me 3 years to get this fence. At 500SC recurring it willl take me 7 months to get this fence. In time for next Frostfell. Using my uneducated math skills 500 is greater than 2000 in this example.
  8. Trellium Elder

It is absolutely certain that someone, somewhere will always feel shorted in some manner. In your case, having more access to more games for the same subscription price is a loss in value. All you have to do is think "well, I will only play EQ" and 100% of your loss in value is immediately restored!

Many people see value in increasing the resources for the games that are successful at the loss of the games that are struggling. Clearly, if they change the all-access system to being more broad they may also decide that the funds may not be best used by dispersing as widely as possible but rather focusing them on the games people actually play.
  9. Nolrog Augur

But that doesn't take into consideration the likelihood of them making bundles, which I believe they would have done if not for the out cry.
  10. Zamiam Augur

ok only got one thing to say .. If im paying a monthly membership whether its 1 month 3, 6 or 12 I should not have to log in to get my 500SC it should be automatic like my payment is to you every renewal cycle Period .
    Ive been a paying subscriber since 99'
  11. snafu New Member

I have 2 Twelve month recurring gold accounts. I have never had or been able to access the marketplace, nor have I ever wanted to. I did not sign up for all access account previously because it cost extra money to have, and I felt I have paid enough with my EQ subscriptions for playing the game. My question is- Sony now wants to automatically (involuntarily) upgrade my membership to "all access" for only $14.95 a month. Does this mean that now it is going to cost me another approx. $180.00 U.S. a year to play EQ, over and above what I already pay for my gold memberships? For something I do not want, and for games I do not want to play? I play only EQ, and have no use for the all access membership. I believe it has been mentioned that current subscriptions will have no changes to prices as they now are, what about renewal time? Will I then be socked for the additional "all access" price structure?
  12. Magician4life New Member

I have my accounts on a 9.99/month annual plan. So yes cheaper it was a promo maybe but that is what I pay.
  13. Piestro Augur

You should not have your prices change at all.
  14. Ildarian New Member

i like the idea of an all access pass. however as i only play everquest what i would love to see is the ability to group my multiple accounts under my all access pass. i play 3 differant accounts and i have been considering canceling 1 of them because having 3 is to painful to maintain atm. is there anyway for SOE to group multi account users under a single all access pass?
  15. Geroblue Augur

You will pay $14.99 per month to access all games. Not an additional $14.99 per month.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Piestro Augur

This is slightly incorrect. We are working to make it so they will pay their current price and get all access.
    Fanra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  17. Geroblue Augur

Ah, okay. I misunderstood then.
  18. Derd Augur

In response to Snafu's post a few posts above me. Why are you not able to access the marketplace? It's just clicking the sc button to get all the goodies to pop up, and if you've been a recurring account you've been having 500 sc deposited on each account since they gave us that bonus. Even if you don't want to buy sc you can at least take advantage of the free sc, you might be surprised at some of the ornaments, potions and such available.
  19. Movistar Journeyman

I do not like having to log on this site to get my SC... I have problems logging on this site in the 1st place... 2nd I pay for 3 month I am entitled to my SC being sent to me In-game. Sometimes kids and work get in the way of me getting to play. BUT I STILL PAY! even though I cant play.... now why does EQ think that I need to log on and collect SC or if I don't its poof gone......people aren't fighting to keep it the old way are crazy.
  20. Khat_Nip Meow

Typing /market and then clicking a button is hard work. I feel for you, I do. I couldn't imagine the horror of having to go through that but thankfully SOE afforded us the ability to make hotbuttons where we could cut that precious 2 seconds in half. Will we really be blessed with being able to accomplish this nightmare of claiming our 500SC in 1 seconds time? I assure you it is doable. Suffer no more my friend, that 1 second out of 2.6 million for the month is well spent.
    Retty likes this.