Race and Class Combo Clash Winner Revealed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yet they wouldn't even discuss it when this was first brought up when voting began.
    Sinestra likes this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

For clarification, druids turn non-plants into having the plant "bodytype".
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Beastlords are nothing to do with druids they are shaman/monk neither of which are wood elves.
  4. Tarrin Augur

I was giving clarification as it was stated Druids have plant based nukes and abilities and we would be hurt by having treants flagged as animals instead of plants.
  5. xcitng Augur

druids turn non-plants into plant types to make them easier to kill ... the spell is called skin to vines
  6. Draego Augur

Yes and I am completely aware of that fact.

But as a primary druid Tarrin, have you forgoten that the class also has - although massively out dated and no current form exist that I know of,
    spells which control plants?

I did not forget about those spells. So I believe my original comment still applies.

As I have said before, I do have and play every class in the game. I do this so that I can understand how each and every class functions so I can develop combat strategies for raids.
  7. Tarrin Augur

I am sure the druids who are under level 25 for a full 30 minutes before their merc PLs them will be OUTRAGED at the lack of treants to charm.

No, you point does not stand. It barely lifts itself up into a crawling position.
  8. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Funny thing about all those Elf Rangers named Legolas is that Legolas was not even a Ranger.
  9. Draego Augur

Most hypocritical statements I have ever seen by anyone, that claims to know their class.

You do actually realize that there is a difference on what was said and how you took it. So since it appears that you don't have a solid grasp of the English language, I will help you see where you may have gotten lost.
    Now in my comment above, yes I say "Plant" based nukes or abilities in that exact order, however I also said Druids and Necros in that specific order. Now in English when you group comments like this, it is customary to address the concerns in correlating order, in this case the correlating order is mirrored. Necros would be the ones who have "Plant" based nukes. So therefore Druids would be who I was addressing "Plant" based abilities. But since you claim to be a lord druid you would have been able to figure that out. Nowhere did I actually say Druids have "Plant" based nukes as a direct statement.
  10. Tarrin Augur

You said "tons". You said [druid and necro] then said [nukes and abilities]...in that order. Wouldn't that mean druid = nukes, necros = abilities? Either way, it doesn't matter.

There are not "tons of druids" who would even be aware this hypothetical change happened, outside of having *more* mobs we can have our abilities be effective on.

We are getting rather off topic.
  11. Draego Augur

Only because someone else drove the bus over the cliff. LOL.
    Also to point out you said Druids under 25, we actually don't get the spell till 28.
  12. baum New Member

What would be nice sense EQ has evolved into a high level player game is. That they would give you the chose to start with , say a level 75 or so ,,, or a level 1 toon. Just a thought.
  13. Draego Augur

They did that something like that not too long back, on a special server (if I remember correctly). Started at level 51 and think it was with either 50 or 100 AAs.
  14. Sinestra Augur

They are talking about bringing in Heroic Characters I believe. These have been put in on other games, they would allow you to start at like level 85 or something like that.
  15. Crackanory New Member

This was always the class combo Sony wanted, you really think we had say say in it, and a Treant is lame to have as a pet, once again Sony has lowered my faith in anything they do. Should just open up all the class combo's and let people decide what they want.
  16. Crackanory New Member

2 lame classes, thanks for nothing. voting was rigged by Sony from the start.
  17. Passiion New Member

Wood Elves have always been my preference to play as a race and they have such a small class selection to choose from. This is most definitely a welcome addition for me and I eagerly await March 16, 2014. Thank you Sony!!!!!!!
  18. Fendy Augur

"The natural warder is eager to gain vengeance for the atrocities it saw and suffered for thousands of years in its helpless form."
    Treants have been kicking *ss in Norrath for years. EQ1 and historically in EQ2. When were they helpless?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  19. Xenophon Luclin Server

To put a positive twist, Wood Elves have a very good "Origin" location in Kelethin (Greater Faydark) with a hop-and-skip to the nearest PoK Book.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Vanrijn New Member

Hmm now how can i traIn a high-elf ranger to turn to the dark side, or make a dark-elf look good? The high-elf beastloard was my 2nd choice though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.