Wizard CoTF robe clicky

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vlerg, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Vlerg Augur

CoTF robe: increase ethereal hoarfrost damage by 8000

RoF T3 ( and T4 robe) increase ethereal hoarfrost damage by 9000.

same recast timer, same duration.

( since we can keep a roF robe in our bags for the clicky.. why not make them atleast equal?)

Passive effect:

CoTF robe: increase ethereal incandescence damage by 6%

RoF T3 and T4 robe: increase ethereal incandescence damage by 45 to 110%

I assume that the CoTF robe passive stack with the arms focus ( 45 to 100), so on average we get 1% more damage on ethereal incandescence.

Am I missing something or... it's laughable?
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1) Don't compare the click to the passive effect.
    2) Both the new click and passive effect are better than previously in all but the very shortest fights.
  3. Vlerg Augur

Ok, what did I miss on the clicky effect? more charges, longer duration?

I do see that the passive is better... I'm just rather disapointed it's a mere 1% increase ( or I'm missing somethingelse again)

--

I saw the CoTF robe link in the serverwide channel while in the middle of a raid... took a quick look at it, so I might have missed something. It's an honest question.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The clicky restores 8000 mana, which is worth more than the damage from the existing click. It's less dps on a burn, but it is a greater benefit overall.
  5. menown Augur

Greater sustained
    Xnao likes this.
  6. Forcallen Augur

And burstained continues as necro sustained is nerfed. Comical at this point.

This is the big issue with the game as of late (except the dwindling resources and devs but that's on the execs). The team is so far behind stuff its not funny.

NM
    Xnao, Marton and Azzurri like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

Explain please. How is it better than the VoA robe clicky?

It gives 1k more mana but at the price of disabling MR/hymn/poition proc for 30 sec.
    Gaining 1k mana = saving 1k mana, except when you are already oom.
    Casting Gosik instead of Ethereal just 1 time saves more than 1k mana, and you still proc everything off it.
    [Ethereal dmg] - [Gosik dmg] + [proc dmg] is less than [proc dmg] over 30 sec.

Clicking the VoA robe and casting Gosik 1 time is more beneficial than clicking the CotF robe, regardless of the length of the fight. Please describe a situation when this is not true.
    Azzurri likes this.