2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Old School Journeyman

Not to step on Ashlanne's toes, but we have several hermits here in EQ, and they may not have seen all of the discussion going on about this in EVERY game in SOE. This wasn't just a reaction from the EQ player base, (which by the way is a very fiesty and loyal population, but one of the smallest) but widespread across every meta.
    Just to give you some perspective you can read the community reaction in the Planetside 2 forum, and a more complete and detailed response....here

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/2014-membership-update-from-smed.166604/
  2. Piestro Augur

You should contact CS, the 500SC bonus is for any recurring subscription regardless of length. Now if you canceled the recurring portion it wouldn't have been a recurring subscription. That's about the only thing I can think of to easily explain your experience though.
  3. Piestro Augur

While it's sort of irrelevant at this point, this isn't true. We never announced any specific restrictions of this type, and our goal was to make them super minimal. Hero's Forge was something we had repeatedly discussed internally as exactly the kind of thing that would likely be redeemed and that this was a good thing from our perspective. This was more legal text in case we needed to use it for some reason.
    We're hoping to get more exact details out this week. That being said my understanding is that every membership will be converted into All Access memberships (at your current prices). Since it's not like you're going to miss if EQ was cancelled (not something to worry about anyways, it may outlast both of us), it's a distinction without a practical difference.
    People were skeptical about EQ when EQ2 was released too. There is no reason to worry about this. EQ players like EQ. While I suspect many EQ players will enjoy some time in other EQ games, most people who player EQ do it because the original EQ is the best EQ game for them. I'm excited about EverQuest Next and EQN:Landmark, but I'll still be playing EQ when they come out. EQ will continue.

Early indicators say that it's going to roll over without any action. Of course we're still working out all the details so I can't say for 100% sure yet.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Request from all the euros, don't forget us!

I know a lot of us are hoping this will mean that we can once again have all games through SOE. :) But even if it doesn't mean that it would be nice to know exactly what we will and will not have access to.
  5. Zizzle New Member

Not sure if this has been cleared up - didn't have time to read this entire thread.

Whatever discounted rate an account has will be continued - just upgraded to all access at that price, right?

So if an account has a discounted price, equalling less than $14.99 a month, but then is currently paying for all access at $5.00 more, making it over $14.99 a month - the ongoing price will be the single game discounted rate (less than $14.99) correct?

I would hate it if this account only went down to the $14.99 rate because I have been paying for all access and my other accounts would be chaper because they have not.
  6. Drathos_BotS Elder

I was looking forward to my free toy every month bummer they didn't roll with that.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Geroblue Augur

Good Luck ! I think you should get the same deal us non-Euro players get.
  8. Dicem New Member

How about next time MENTION such a need on the post so your subscribers can understand WHY? I myself due to drama in EQ, and deciding to take time to find a GF, have taken off months from playing since after the new expansion came out, even though bought for both Gold accounts the collectors edition!

So I like others, think naturally, why should I get penalized for paying real money but not being a drain on servers, and not get SC reward anymore?

Your explanation, shows it's out of your hands, and we can understand that it could be hard to explain. LoN was free, and not all play it, so the log in to keep interest makes sense. Still even that, added the need to log in from before.

So letting us know new tax and accounting rules or discovery of need to follow them, sure save a lot of upset from reasonable people.;)

(P.S. although I used reply from Peitros explanation of tax and accounting rules, being reason to have to log in and claim, it didn't show, so making clear my post was a reply style of post to his )
  9. BoomWalker Augur

Where did I imply someone was stupid? Where do I show I don't understand and call people stupid?

Great, you can do math (did someone imply you could not?) and thus found a total of 12 items just under 12000 SC. Wouldn't it have been more impressive to have 12 items be just under 24000 SC to show leveraging the 2000/month better? Put the effort in completely....

And those 50 items between 500 and 2000 that you want...well this 500/month or 2000/month isn't suppose to buy you all the items in the store...it is meant to be a gateway drug to get folks to buy more SC and spend it on things...

Still not clear on your point about the whole "stupid" claim...it is pretty clear the current 500/month provides a lot more flexibility on purchasing things than the proposed 2000/month feature did...just not sure why that has to mean folks are stupid for liking 500/month or 2000/month options.
  10. BoomWalker Augur

Yea, not sure on the recurring subscription thing...all I know is that each time the accounts are up for renewal they magically get charged to my CC for another couple years. Contacting CS...sure I can waste some of my time trying to get them to understand the issue...wanna bet 10cp they will have to push it to the "devs" to get an answer?
  11. ClapClap Elder

OK I went and read back and there were no ''specifics'' so I was wring about that part. However, you said: ''Nearly all items within the games’ Marketplace will be available for this selection. Players Studio, bundles and additional exclusions may apply''. You also said that mercenary crates would be included so it excluded the other big bags. Most of them have a price over 2000sc but ya...

Since no real item was mentioned, I can't say that it would of been huge and you can't say that it would of been minimal to the player. After all, you did try to pass this off as a good deal or a bonus. We know you're paid to do that but...
  12. --Voodoo-- Augur

"The proposal makes it clear that SOE doesn't respect the communities ability to do math and think independently. Perhaps some in the community felt SOE was testing to see if the community was stupid? "

The implication I got from this is that you think anyone who can "do math and think independently" would obvisouly prefer the 500/month. Seems that wasn't your intent, so I'll apologize for the misinterpretation. There've also been several other comments; not from you; that were more direct.

And yes, the 500 is more flexible, but also inarguably lower potential. Neither of those being synonymous with "better" or "worse". Which was my whole point. It's a matter of preference, not one of understanding.
  13. Aces New Member

So, if I don't log in for a month and I don't get the 500 SC, your not going to charge me right? It doesn't seem fare to me that you would charge me, but not give me the SC! If this is going to be the new policy, then I might just have to subscribe then cancel the auto renewal. This seems to be a better pain for me then loosing out!!!! Just sayin!
  14. Fendy Augur

Oh you can't do that. Then you'd lose out on those wonderful loyalty points!
  15. Eluwenie Augur

Thank you Piestro, I'm relieved to hear that EQ 1 will continue to move forward even after EQ Next is released :)
  16. Tshimmer New Member

QUESTION : there is a goodly amount of SC on my account, how do i save it going forward? haven't used much thus far as i was still working. but now retired and able to do things i enjoy EQ is one of those :) . any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  17. Tshimmer New Member

18. Tshimmer New Member

don't really care about the other games, tho i can feel their pain as well as mine. if EQ nerfs or is made impossible to play, then it will be farewell Sony and hello Big Fish games. i do wish you would stop fixing what isn't broken , stop confusing issues, and get on with game play. have been with EQ since the start, have seen good and bad changes. lately, the emphasis seems to be how much $ can Sony make overall, have heard comments of such in game as well as out of game. can see both sides, hopefully things can come even somewhere along the line. off to play now while i can.
  19. HalasRadar Augur

Just why am I not subscribed right and only use station cash; the forums have no class boards?!

I use station cash from time to time to support the development teams.

If my subscription money was used to open warrior class forum board, I would be more happy than any in game change.
  20. Lily Augur

You don't need to do anything but claim it each month. It will be saved.