2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Piestro Augur

Originally this bonus was for individuals with recurring subscriptions. I believe that is now under discussion.
    Rorce likes this.
  2. Lunaryn New Member

Well, it was for *some* individuals with recurring subscriptions. I've had 3 accounts on recurring subscriptions for over 6 years now, and they haven't gotten the free SC, because they are on the 2 year recurring subscriptions. Any chance that the 2 year subs will be getting the free SC now too?
  3. Rorce Augur

It would be great if the bonus SC was for everyone with a active subscription, regardless of whether or not its recurring.
    Geroblue likes this.
  4. Battleaxe Augur

Um I too have no interest at this time in any of SOE's other offerings.

I'm not displeased to pay $14,99 for EverQuest (I pay full monthly subscription price) but as it continues to release less content and be back-burnered at some point I'll leave. Should SOE shut EverQuest down, I'm in no way an all-access customer and will not be charged for games I do not pay.

My paying for EverQuest will not be represented as paying for all access unless I in fact play those games. If I or SOE discontinues our EQ publisher/EQ Customer relationship, I expect all billing to end instantly.

Don't even think of charging me one thin dime if I and EQ part ways. IF continuing to play EQ is going to be construed as permission to charge me for All Access when I don't use All Access I'll have to re-evaluate our relationship. No one reaches into my wallet because they assumed I said it was OK. I reach into my wallet, not SOE or anyone else.
  5. Piestro Augur

I think you are misunderstanding. Prices of your gold membership will not change. Instead you'll get all access as a bonus. You are of course free to use it or not as you see fit. Make sense?
  6. Battleaxe Augur

Maybe I am misunderstanding. I'm an EQ customer, not an All Acess customer. If EQ is shut down tomorrow I expect all billing to stop. Not to discover I've been cleverly bait and switched into what's become a doesn't include EQ deal and billing has continued.
  7. Rorce Augur

If EQ were to shut down, I'm fairly certain you'd have PLENTY of advanced warning to cancel your subscription.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

If EQ is shut down I'm not responsible for canceling my subscription.

There is a real difference between being an EQ customer and getting an free All Access pass...

and being converted to an All Access customer.

(Certainly you don't think when SOE canceled MxO they all dutifully logged in and canceled their subscriptions).
  9. McDougal Augur

Probably. Just because they don't understand the restrictions. 2000>500 .
  10. xcitng Augur

hmmm, i hadn't thought about that ... if i only play eq1 and have yearly subs what would happen if soe decides to end eq1?

will they tell me the remainder left on my accounts can be used for other all access games or refund my money? i would definately expect to get a full refund of the remaining time if i don't want to play other all access games

piestro, can you please let us know how this would work for us in that case?
  11. --Voodoo-- Augur

Yeah. Not possible anyone could feel differently than you unless they're stupid.
  12. Battleaxe Augur

And in the case of someone who plays one game primarily and only bothers with others to take advantage of the free All Access account

If your game ends does the All Access lapse until you take the positive action of authorizing it to continue?

If you quit a game, will the All Access end until you take the positive step of authorizing it to continue?

I'd hate for what was described as pay to subscribe to one game and get free All Access to turn out to be converting your one subscription to a continuing to be billed all Access account should you discontinue playing that game.

I really really am allergic to being played (even the tinniest little miniscule bit) by marketing. Free means it doesn't cost me anything under any circumstance (short of stopping paying for the single game service that made it free - in which case All Access ends).

If our relationship ends (and for me it ends when EQ is not worth paying for or SOE closes EQ - even if I fool around a bit in EQ2) it ought to require an informed positive action by me for it to resume.

If in reality my EQ account is being converted into an All Access Account I need to be told that in plain English.
  13. Osco Journeyman

Read the first post by Ashlanne and then advanced here so I could reply, and I see the thread has been hijacked and morphed into a borked discussion about refunds when EverQuest is terminated.

Still, I wanted to say I like the changes outlined in the original email or post from Smed.
    IceSy likes this.
  14. Niteshaid New Member

I would like to see a tiered sc reward for the different tiered subscriptions. Those that pay monthly get the 500sc, those that pay 3 months at a time get slightly more(600sc), those that pay 6 months at a time get more (700sc), and yearly get even more (800sc), for example.
  15. Porterz73 Augur

H
    I am very glad to hear this Piestro because I have approx 900 days left on my Imaginary Gold access to EQ and my primary concern was that EQ membership commitments would be unaffected by the proposed change.

Side note my Imaginary deal was 16.67 a year (good to 2017)

Here is the breakdown of the imaginary deal
    SC went on sale for 3x. $100 bought 30000 SC
    Price for 1 Year non-recurring was 10000SC normally but SOE offered a 50% off deal on all items
    Sale price of 1 Year went to 5000SC

30000/5000SC= 6 years for $100
  16. --Voodoo-- Augur

Quitting a game implies actively cancelling your subscription (or allowing a non-renewing plan to lapse). There would be no difference to you between cancelling an All-Access sub or cancelling an EQ (with free All-Access) sub. That shouldn't even be a question.

EQ being shut down could possibly require you to click a few buttons. If that's an issue for you, you really, really, really need some actual problems in your life.

I would assume, for ease of administration, they'll just convert all accounts to all-access. I believe that would require an update to the EULA to which you would have to agree. Informed positive action. Even if it doesn't require an EULA update, the wording from Smed's post very strongly suggests conversion, so that should be your assumption. One could argue that not cancelling your sub now constitutes an informed positive action, even if the assumed conversion doesn't happen.
    beryon and Genoane like this.
  17. Battleaxe Augur

I assumed that if EQ was canceled SOE would pretend I was an All Access customer and not an EQ customer. I assumed they would continue charging me. I assumed this was an effort to sign me up for something I did not want to be signed up for in an effort to retain me.

Doubtless they will change our agreement while telling me to click it to get my "free bonus*"
    *Restrictions may apply

Not everyone checks their account or SOE's websites frequently. People who would have canceled any account they have with SOE should their game be canceled are going to be incensed should such a switcheroo is pulled on them without their knowledge and consent.

Some people even expect straight talk and a square deal.

I just wanted to hear in plain English whether this was going to be converting my EQ subscription into an All Access subscription or was it going to remain an EQ subscription with free All Access as was posted. That's not a difficult question.

I will say that the already low chances of my remaining an SOE customer after EQ shuts down has been reduced by this. And they've lost any chance of me looking at their other offerings even as a free trial. Plaon Eniglish - the benefits that SOE expects to get and what it is giving to get them, a voluntary offer - not a compelled change. Don't hand me a snow job.
  18. Eluwenie Augur

But you said something about the Euro players.. can you clarify this for me please? sorry a bit confused. :confused:
  19. Eluwenie Augur

All access doesn't interest me either.. if we only play 1 game I feel the price should be lowered, if you want all access, then it should remain at $14.99 a month. If you're getting rid of EQ 1 in the future, please say so because I will be very sad to see EQ 1 go and all those 10 + years building up my character would be wasted.. I know you said in the Wikia Piestro that EQ 1 isn't going anywhere a couple months ago.. but if you could be certain on this, I'm sure the other players would like to know either way. Thank you.
  20. RagePaw Augur

If they gave advanced warning of EQ1's demise it would be bad for their cash flow as people will jump ship immediately realising their time is simply now wasted in the game, when it does happen it will likely be quick and brutal with no/little advance warning.
    Can1 and Eluwenie like this.