Race and Class Combo Clash: Finals

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Ry “Roshen” Schueller

[IMG]
    The final decision on which race and class combination will be added to EverQuest will be decided this round! Until Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 11:00AM Pacific, players can vote between these final two contestants!

Which will you vote for?

Round Three Results

EDIT: As in the previous round, we’ve nerfed the exploit in voting and removed invalid votes. The integrity of the voting is important to us, and we want to make sure that the race/class candidates that players are voting on through legit means are the ones advancing each round.

Dark Elf Ranger verses Dark Elf Bard: Dark Elf Ranger advances to the finals!

Wood Elf Beastlord verses Iksar Berserker: Wood Elf Beastlord advanced to the finals!
    Now there is only Dark Elf Ranger and Wood Elf Beastlord left. Which will receive your vote?

Let your voice be heard! Head on over to the combo clash page to learn even more about this event and to vote on what race/class combination you want to see added to the game in celebration of EverQuest’s 15th Anniversary on March 16, 2014!
  2. Ishtass Augur

Iksar Berserker lost? /facepalm
    Enkel, Leeroy Jenkins and RekMMO like this.
  3. gnomeboss Augur

iksar was ahead 55 to 45 for the past week, including yesterday, and lost? c'mon.
    Leeroy Jenkins likes this.
  4. Owl56 Elder

This means of course, every server will have new DE rangers with some combination of the letters Drizzt.
  5. Kullex New Member

How the hell did iksar berserker loose?
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

As in the previous round, we’ve nerfed the exploit in voting and removed invalid votes. The integrity of the voting is important to us, and we want to make sure that the race/class candidates that players are voting on through legit means are the ones advancing each round.

I'll edit the original post to include this information as well.
  7. Zalnima New Member

So Iksar were clearly ahead when I checked yesterday, and now the woodelf have won? By a fair amount. So why didn't SoE just choose instead of having us go to vote sense our votes arnt really being counted anyways?
  8. bloodbeard Elder

Well.. wood elf beastlord it is...
  9. Everstorm Augur

I voted for the woodelf but still surprised, heh. Now let's hope that everyone who doesn't want to see Tzzird and co votes for the woodelf now... :p
  10. abzaru New Member

all 4 of the semi final choices look decent why not add them all? all it does is make more options available in game giving people more incentive to play... and buy sc to race change. I still want a wizard ogre tho regardless =(
    Sachiel and Lisandra like this.
  11. gnomeboss Augur

so the "integrity of the voting is important" but you didn't fix known exploits and allowed another round of voting to be compromised? just checking ...
    Lisandra and Leeroy Jenkins like this.
  12. Feradach Augur

If the integrity of the voting is so important to you guys, then why was the voting made public? If you wanted it to be legit then the voting should have either been in-game or at least required a valid SOE account login. And these statements are not a case of hindsight being 20/20. They are things that should have been obvious from the onset.
    Geroblue and Lisandra like this.
  13. taliefer Augur

so you just "fixed"t the results another way. everytime i looked iksar was well ahead so i stopped voting everyday. sure would have been nice to have real time "fixing" instead of what we got, which was the combos that were well behind suddenly "win" out of the blue.

i apreciate the effort and the idea, but the implenation was lacking. disapointed
  14. Klonn New Member

I am dying to see the lore explaining either of these combos. Since there was no lore published, it had no effect on the voting. I am sure that most players are more interested in playability that lore anyway... oh well...

I wanted a gnome monk (yoda) from Day 1, 1997.
  15. Phrett Augur

I don't believe for one second that Wood-Elf Beastlord actually beat Iksar Berserker... you guys vote away, I've lost interest.
    Leeroy Jenkins and Viltaire like this.
  16. Roshen Brand Manager

When you click on each match up, there's a brief quote and lore bit on each race/class combination.
  17. Axxius Augur

It doesn't matter. It was already decided the moment DE ranger was introduced. There is no saving Norrath from the Drizzt invasion. Resistance is futile. Cliché wins.
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. cjguy New Member

so if dark elf ranger wins would that still be considered a good race or evil which would be nice to know I just want all classes to be playable Ogre for stun resists just me LOL
  19. Aenoan Augur

ugh, this is some kind of joke right? once again nothing but disappointment from this game.
  20. Rogue Augur

SOE picked DE ranger from the start, don't even bother voting, what a joke.