2014 Membership - Update from Smed

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Piestro Augur

This was specifically in reference to games which have ProSieben customers.
  2. Piestro Augur

This question is impossible to answer simply. Almost every situation is unique depending on past behavior.
  3. Piestro Augur

Since this decision was just made I'm sure we're investigating technical options.
  4. Piestro Augur

In your case nothing changes. If you want membership in one game, you get them all as a bonus. If you don't want to play other games, no stress nothing changes.
  5. Piestro Augur

As long as they are recurring.
  6. Piestro Augur

What server you play on doesn't matter.
  7. Leifen Augur

3) We're keeping the 500 SC included with the subscription instead of going to the "pick an item" system. We heard you. You didn't like the change. The only change we are making is that we're now going to make you claim it monthly. You can still hoard it though I realize this is a bit of a pain but honestly it's the best compromise we could come up with that solves the problems I mentioned in the other thread. 4) we are going to be giving our members a 10% discount in our marketplaces.
    My only questions would be:
    1. Is there a limit to how much can be hoarded, as in only one month or as much as you want?
    2. If you are giving members a discount wouldn't it be simpler just to take 10% off the prices as it would only be members that are using the marketplace?
  8. Piestro Augur

1. There is a theoretical limit in that there is a cap to how much SC you can accumulate. But this is not meaningful for 99.9% of players.
    2. Non gold members use the marketplace too.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I currently pay less than $14.99 (reoccurring subscription at $89.88 a year which was price guaranteed by SOE to last forever). Does my subscription get changed to All Access at the same price guaranteed by SOE to last forever?

EDIT: Piestro replied to someone else, "There shouldn't be any change for you then", when they asked something similar above. Does that mean I don't get All Access or I do but at the same price and guarantee?

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry, I don't like to be repeating what someone else already asked. Perhaps Piestro can make a FAQ page here that we can read with all the answers he has provided here and we can just refer people there instead of Piestro having to answer the same questions over and over?
  10. Leifen Augur

Awesome so it will be possible to save enough for say, a heroic character once they are introduced as those are 3500 SC on EQ2, and sorry for not seeing the obvious in the bronze and silver members.

Thank you for being so quick to answer questions and for listening to your player base it is a refreshing change as most companies really could care less what their players feel.
  11. Darkenr Elder

So, I'm assuming that this means that you can't be gone for like 2 months, and then just "claim" 1000 SC and get it applied to my account? It's a "claim or lose it" sort of method that requires me to remember to hit claim each month? If that's the case I still really don't like it, especially considering it's still at only 500SC. If it was at 1000SC per month claim it or lose it, that'd be one thing because at least we'd have something extra for the inconvenience of forcing us to hit claim each month. I shouldn't have to spend time worrying about remembering to hit claim if I'm already spending money each month on a gold membership.

My recommendation is having a "bank" of accrued claimable SC. Say it can only accrue 1500 SC before it "caps out" and if you don't claim that 1500 and have it applied to your actual SC balance, than any month beyond that you'll lose the 500 SC until you claim that balance of SC. That at least gives people more time to realize, "Oh crap, I haven't claiemed my SC!" if they happen to miss it by only a few days that month.

I only ever play 1 game, and that's Everquest. So the all access change doesn't really affect me one way or another so that can't be used as an argument against forcing an inconvenience on me who's already spending hard earned money on a premium membership.
  12. xcitng Augur

i just wanted to say thank you!! :)
  13. skien Journeyman

I like this, solves SOE's problem and doesn't cause a problem for active members.

Just one suggestion, please make it so that you don't HAVE to claim from inside game. For example allow an option to log on to our billing account and claim monthly to cover those who have extended periods unable to log in to game. Such as my mates and colleagues in the RAF and army on extended deployment.
  14. Darkenr Elder

I also REALLY like this suggestion.
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Show New Member

Yes can't forget our service men and women :)
    Lisandra likes this.
  16. Show New Member

Sorry to disagree but it's not free but a bonus used to entice subscribers to buy subscriptions. I pay for my service and expect to get what I pay for.
    The EULA is unfair in the way SOE constantly uses it to deprive paying customers of the services they were promised when considering to buy a subscription
    Geroblue likes this.
  17. Piestro Augur

We're going to work on a more official communication, it'll probably hit next week. You should be fine with your existing subscription and will be able to access other games. I need to confirm this 100% but it's 99% confirmed now.
    Lisandra likes this.
  18. Piestro Augur

If you are on a military deployment contact CS. They're good people who help with solving problems.
    Nuada, Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nothing is ever simple about me :D

Thanks for your answer and I look forward to these little niggles being ironed out.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

thanks for listening to the feedback