Possessed Dreadstone Weapons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcaine, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Arcaine Elder

Does anyone have a link to images of these weapons? Google brings up a couple, but can't seem to find them all.
  2. Brudal Augur

3. Arcaine Elder

Perfect, thank you!

How hard are these weapons to attain? I'm assuming they're raid drops, but are they ridiculously hard raids? or are most top guilds doing them.
  4. Tearsin Rain Augur

yes, they are raid drops - the three T4 raids for Heart of Fear (the threshold, the rebirth, the epicenter) drop 1-2 eye of fear per event (which you combine with the 'group' version of the weapon obtained via the achievement).

so basically they're incredibly easy to obtain and tons of guilds should be getting them, and any guild that has been doing top end content regularly has these things falling out of their ears and going to alts and such.
  5. Brudal Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6924 provides the specifics. 1 raid drop, 3 specific group mission drops and All missions completed T1 - T4. Most "top" guilds are still farming T4.
  6. Kiillz Augur

There are group versions of them as well as well as raid
  7. Arcaine Elder

Thank you for the info!

What's the top tier weaponry now? is there a T5 and T6?

I suppose these questions shouldn't be in the veteran's lounge, but you guys are being extremely helpful, so I'll squeeze out one or two more questions.
  8. Goth Augur

can i have your rots please ;) im on your server!
  9. Tearsin Rain Augur

if your posts here didn't so often make me wish that a tornado would hit your geographical area and destroy its power and networking infrastructure so that i didn't have to endure reading them any longer, i would most certainly say yes to that say you should contact me in game about it =P
  10. Axxius Augur

T5 (aka CotF T1) is the current top tier. Most of these dreadstone weapons had a remarkably short life cycle for the amount of work it took to get them. Except the classes whose CotF T1 weapons are direct dps downgrade from RoF T4 (such as Wizard).
    Explicit likes this.
  11. Tearsin Rain Augur

was it really that much work though?
    do all the group missions in the expansion, 4 of them had to be done multiple times if you were gearing up an entire group of people - really doesn't seem that extravagant to me.

i can see how a couple missions in that expansion (CH2, xorbb2, the two chelsith missions, hof2) could be stumbling blocks for a seriously casual group, but short of having your life in EQ consist only of merc boxing (and if that's the way you play EQ that's fine but i don't believe content should be made to cater to you, and think you have no right to complain about anything being too hard) it's all imminently doable.
  12. Goth Augur

ouch /slap my mama.. are you saying you want a tornado to hit my area!

I haven't even been posting here that long. so mean and short fused!
  13. Axxius Augur

I mean it's a lot of work for those who haven't already done it. If you are just coming back to EQ after a break or are new player - doing all missions in RoF T1-4 is quite a lot.

And most of those weapons became obsolete in less than 3 months after they were released (July 16-Oct 8, 2013; talk about short lifespan!). I know a lot of players who took more than 3 months to finish all of RoF group content.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

Knights still use theirs, or should anyway. New expansion weapons are only good for fluffling magelo.
  15. Tearsin Rain Augur

IMO the COTF T1 knight 1h is substantially superior to the SK dreadstone weapon in terms of being a defensive item.
    not sure about the pal dreadstone, but my instinct is to think the same thing regarding it - though really i suppose it kind of depends on where your hagi and hdex breakpoints are at before and after equipping a cold steel axe
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

I forgot that the SK one had a lifetap proc. Paladin one has the same rune proc as the cotf one, and has a sympathetic hott heal focus, it is superior than a little more heroics.
  17. Tearsin Rain Augur

... yes?

what can i say, you made a fast impression on me.

having said that, in all seriousness, we had several eyes of fear rot this past weekend.
    PM me your in-game toon name and i'll give you a shout if you're online the next time one is rotting and you can come get it.
    i routinely /ooc in various zones to give away brell's shadow since those are rotting too, been thinking about including those as well and you can hop on that gravy train before it goes public.
  18. Tearsin Rain Augur

i dunno i still think it depends on your heroics.
    i'm at work and all the item sites are blocked here so i'm going off memory, but the sympathetic heal is like what... 360 base? and it fires off offensive spells?
  19. Abazzagorath Augur

It is 750 base heal, crits for as much as 6415 on self while tanking with things going (when it would matter most):

[Sun Jan 05 21:41:40 2014] You are bathed in a healing burst. You have been healed for 6415 points.

It goes off on crushes, glorious, and the undead combo line. It is pretty much chained when tanking or DPSing. I wouldn't trade the healing for 1 dex and 15 agility ever.
  20. Tearsin Rain Augur

cool, the heal is higher than i recalled it being - the SK sympathetic proc doesn't fire off any of our dots and is a 360 base, it was never very impressive to me though some other SKs seemed to quite dig it.