Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piestro Augur

Dear EverQuest Gold Members,

We regularly evaluate our offerings at SOE to ensure we are consistently delivering great games and products, while also offering exceptional value to our players. Given that we just started a new year it seemed like the perfect time to add more value!

The week of February 3rd, 2014 we will be making a very important change to the Gold Membership level in EverQuest The current benefit of receiving 500 Station Cash (SC) monthly will be replaced with a new program that allows you to select one single item valued up to 2000 SC each month. Nearly all items within the games’ Marketplace will be available for this selection. Players Studio, bundles and additional exclusions may apply. This new benefit must be claimed each month that you are a member as it will not carry over to subsequent months.

We appreciate our customers, especially our valued members, and therefore are excited to bring you this additional value.

Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in game soon.

Best,

Sony Online Entertainment

------
    * Please keep all discussion regarding this change to this thread, so we can easily monitor all feedback. Thank you in advance! :)
    Noveena likes this.
  2. Koneko Augur

ok this is kinda neat hopeful you can make some gold only bundles tho like a heros forge and a set of armor thank you for informing us btw =)
  3. EQtroll Journeyman

A few questions...

1) How will this impact people, like myself, who have a Station All Access Membership? Do I get one 2000 SC item every month in all SoE games or do I get to choose one game only to purchase something?

2) How will this impact people who have a yearly subscription? I agreed to the monthly 500SC bonus when I purchased my yearly subscription plan, will I be forced to buy an item each month since those terms were agreed upon before this change?
  4. Riou EQResource

Seems like you get to pick 1 in each game probably
  5. Kaiichi New Member

Or, how will it affect people like me that buy our gold with kronos? That's still income to Sony, rather disappointed that I haven't seen any station cash since I started doing that...
  6. Recnarp Augur

More SC nerfs. Lack of double/triple SC in favor of item discounts and now this. I would take a guess that they saw people saving up their 500 monthly SC all year long and dumping it on the half off stuff holiday sales. We can't have that!
  7. Noveena New Member

I have been using Krono's as well as my method of payment with no SC bonus, I do hope they take this in account because it is still a paid month regardless of the means of payment.... Very Happy to hear that gold member are getting something for their continued support :)
  8. Zombiee Journeyman

Doesn't this kind of conflict with Sony's "play your way" policy?
    Hawklight Yandli and Geroblue like this.
  9. Fizbit New Member

Im one of those people that tends to save up my 500sc/month and then use it in spurts, be it xp pots or two dozen 100-150sc widgets for my house (fence posts or whatever). I cant speak for others but as a consumer this will KO any interest I have in my player house. I enjoy tinkering with it on occasion but Im certainly not going to break out my credit card because I think it would look nice with 20 flowers around it at a buck - buck fifty a pop.
    It sounds like the nerf is already decided on so maybe reinstate the occasional double/triple SC weekend?
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

I think it's "play your way as long as it's our way" now.
    Lejit, Naugrin, Beimeith and 3 others like this.
  11. Leerah Augur

Wait! You're not giving me the option of saving for things? I'd be in favor of a choice but am absolutely against you telling me I have to spend my points.
    I stopped going to TGIF when they made their loyalty points expire every month.
    Cazmac, Sheex, Perplexed and 3 others like this.
  12. Recnarp Augur

This is progress! Are you against progress? :rolleyes:
  13. Mysl Augur

One question:

If what I want from the marketplace is 2500 SC. Can I choose it and pay 500SC out of my wallet?
    For example: I want to do a server transfer, the token is 2500SC. On Feb, I log in, can I choose the transfer token, and pay the additional 500 SC?
    Yyin, Cazmac, Draego and 1 other person like this.
  14. Leerah Augur

Not to mention, this will take away all interest in sales. I don't think you've thought this through enough. Go back to the boardroom.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and JdarAivat like this.
  15. Mardy Augur

Station cash is the most valuable asset in SOE games. It's universal and can be used to purchase anything for sale on the marketplace, in any SOE games, player made or not. This change is a bad deal for subscribers, I hope people are smart enough to see it.

By the way, they're making this change to ALL SOE games. This means they want to get rid of giving players Station Cash, in preparation for Everquest Landmark/EQN launch later. Playing SOE games just got more expensive, because you'll for sure spend more money on station cash in the future.

Speak with your wallet, cancel subscription if you don't like this change. I see the same disappointment on EQ2 & Planetside 2 forums where they also announced this.
  16. Bigbear Augur

well this new change has already made me decide that unless there is a triple SC day.... I WILL NOT EVER BUY anymore SC...double SC just isnt good enough with this new nerf...my gold accounts have earned their 500 SC every month and this new change calls for a SC boycott... at least from my family
    Geroblue, KC13, silku and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dandin Augur

What if i want a new pony... Can i have the pony... please?

I WANT THE PONY
    Phrett likes this.
  18. Retief of the CDT New Member

I too prefer to save up points, rather than being forced to spend them each month. If I am away from Eq for some time due to illness, vacation, work, emergencies, computer failure, etc then why should I be penalized by losing that months "gift"?
    Cazmac, Geroblue, silku and 1 other person like this.
  19. EverChanter Augur

This isn't "adding value", you're just changing your system to ensure people are forced to use the benefit.

How many items are you planning to change the price for the be just out of range. You know you will, we know you will, this isn't our first ride.

People have a right to know what "Nearly all" actually means as this holds as much weight as when you say "Soon".

Have you put a system to include people who consume Kronos in this as well? They are Gold Accounts yet SoE has left them out of the 500 SC a month promotion.

This doesn't surprise me one bit.
    Leerah, Geroblue, Anex and 2 others like this.
  20. Lifeleach New Member

I want my 500 SC. Do NOT change it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.