A christmas request regarding new content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LoonyToony, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Bluejaye Elder

howling stones would be a fun revamp.
    Elricvonclief and Baramos like this.
  2. Caudyr Augur

In that case...

REVERT FREEPORT TO OLD PLEASE! :(
    Also... REMAKE THE OLD BAZAAR THEN, CAUSE I HATE THE NEW ONE! :( (I know this won't happen, though, but it won't stop me from trying! lol)
    Yinla and Rainbowdash like this.
  3. Baramos Augur

I want to take the trip from Qeynos, to the *old* Freeport. And during the trip, I want to see......

GOONDA !

That guy, when he could charm, wiped out full groups of 45 to 50s. And even when they took away Shaman charm, it was a formidable camp. The reward was sublime. For casters, anyway, as 200 INT was the goal.

When you got TWO batskull earrings, you knew you had arrived.

Seeing Pyzjn would be a gas, too. Groovy.
  4. Caudyr Augur

Funny thing is that I think I saw Goonda when I was remapping WK in preparation for CotF (in case it was just copy/pasted zone file-wise and stuff, heh).

He also dropped one of those ears. ;)
    Baramos likes this.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Total revamp of a section of zones or a continent, similar to the RoF Velious theme, complete with normal zone lines you have to run to etc would seriously be awesome lol. Even better if it's the original Freeport and Desert/Commonlands area.
  6. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I'm Probably in the minority here but i'd rather see new zones that extend the size of current continents.

whats up with that dead end in Jaggedpine Forest down in that corner accross the river?

I'd like to see Relic, the Artifact City (Such a cool looking zone) expanded upon.

That extra portal in Shards Landing which everyone thought for sure would be to some zone that had something to do with Bristlebane.

There are some unused portals in the Void that could lead to somewhere.

Torden, the Bastion of Thunder was allways cool looking especially if you were doing a raid run to finnaly get to where Karana hangs out at. That Zone really gave you the feeling that you were really in some sort of alternate plane of existence. Not sure how you could expand on that zone though.

Taelosia is a continent thats been all but forgotten about. There are lots of areas there that could be explored. The hole south end of it is pretty much unexplored going by the map. And technically speaking, after Seeds of Dustruction, with the defeat of Lord Brekt, Rider of Discord shouldn't all the Discordians be gone from there and the Yunjo people finnaly be free?
    Of course the concept of the Discordians doe's throw a giant wrench into the the hole lore of EQ if you ask me but the Yunjo are at least from Norrath unlike the all those aliens running around on Alaris.

I'd like to see any new zones be huge in size like Katta Castrum with all kinds of areas to go to.
  7. Randragon Augur

Few zones to revamp:

• Surefall Glade and Qeynos Hills: combines these two to make an up to date zone with waterfalls and everything....maybe even make the pond in Qeynos Hills and Surefall interconnect and run out to the sea in Qeynos to the harbor.

• Rathe Mts: revamp entire zone to put in Unkempt Druid lore as well as instance zone to combine Rathe Mts and Lake Rathetear....or combine Rathe Mts and Lake Rathetear into one regular zone.

• Karnors Keep with an improved aqueduct system and meaner Venril Sathir.

• Burning Woods to incorporate a whole new Giant Race as well as Dragons.
  8. drkoli Augur

Seb and veksar would make some awesome hardcore heritage zones
  9. Silv Augur

For good measure- an unvamp of Plane of Mischief. :p (I know this is impossible given the original code is supposedly lost but I'd feel guilty not throwing it out there!)

An instanced version of Plane of Sky would be cool - raid and/or group versions. Many of the original PoSky quests gave awesome items as rewards. Put in some new chase items via quests to recapture the spirit of the zone. It could also use a lil makeover, new textures and more geometry.

I like a lot of the other ideas here. Some of my top choices would be OSeb and VT. Dunno if VT would be likely given we just got Plane of Shadow. Other Kunark zones that would be awesome to revamp or expand IMO: Dalnir's Crypt, City of Mist, Veksar.

I wasn't a big fan of revamping big outdoor zones such as what they did with Eastern Wastes. It also would have been nice to give the textures/geometry some kind of update in the new versions.

Some things I would love to NEVER see again: anything Discord, anything Brell, anything Thule, or anything Alaran.
  10. Caudyr Augur

While I agree in a sense...I wouldn't be opposed to having Brell and the Thules show up in the lore of expansion(s)...so long as they aren't the main focus and are 'cameo appearances' of sorts.

On the subject of Alarans...I'm of the opinion that it would be a total waste of creating them altogether if we don't see more of them (seeing as how they are a race that exists on Norrath that's actually intelligent, etc.)...however...I don't think we should see expansions focused around them, either. :(
  11. Lenowill Augur

Though I'll add that if they ever did manage to bust past their coded limit of 16 playable races, the ability to create Alaran player characters would just make sense at this point (possibly as a nice tie-in with the heroic character system).
  12. Caudyr Augur

Indeed. They already have all the 'armor' types I believe, too....although I'm not sure there are males/females in that race and if there are whether there are any visible differences between the two, lol.

From what I could always tell they pretty much looked exactly the same, minus inking details, clothing and whatnot.
  13. Edrick Augur

I wouldn't mind seeing Discord every few years. There are too many unanswered questions about them.
  14. Caudyr Augur

It might not be so bad...so long as we can actually see new 'races' in Discord.

It might be good to 'go back in time' using the Riftseekers somehow to see how each race of Discord lost their homeworld and became the twisted mounds of flesh that they are today...culminating in going back in time to the first world that the wave of Discord 'took over' and stopping it, maybe.

Time travel already exists in EQ...so why can't we use the Discordians' own plot device against them and take them out instead this time by taking the initiative?! ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Discordians again...so long as it's not the entire focus of an expansion and there's nothing but discordians the whole expansion...as we have already seen those models so much, heh (though that can be said of a lot of models, but...yeah).

TBH...it wouldn't surprise me if there were some link to Discord (even if it's simply 'one of those beings' that Zebuxoruuk (sp) mentioned in the post-SoD defeat text in Void G) with this expansion, given how Lendiniara comments that some really cruel and nasty beings (that, given the text, were likely not the Harrowing Horde that's in WK) came out from the rift she created as she lay there recovering in WK.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of that text that Zebuxoruuk mentions come to pass, where we see new beings that have either been ejected from their worlds by the Discordians...or...they just simply surpass the Discordians and Discord was smart enough to know about them and leave well enough alone. *shrugs*
  15. Gladare Augur

I hope we never see alarans as a playable race.
  16. Fredreich New Member

OASIS OF MARR!
  17. Silv Augur

I guess "never" is a strong word! :p

I suppose I wouldn't mind some of those things, at least in lore, if they were not a complete rehash of what we've seen before. We had 2.2 expansions on the same discordians, ~2+ expansions mostly on gnomes and dwarves... and then the whole Alaran thing. I'm not really sure what it was about them that really grinds my gears but the whole thing was almost more alien to me than Luclin or Discord. However, I would fully support Alaran as a playable race if duel kills count towards Tear xp! :D

I think it would be cool if they did a new approach to the story for the next expansion or so- since we're on the staggered content model, each release could be focused on a separate lore/theme that answers some longstanding mystery of EQ. They wouldn't necessarily be related to each other at all. They've kindof done this with expacs like SOD and COTF but those still have been tied to a common plot line.
  18. Caudyr Augur

If they weren't related to each other at all, you'd have a whole different set of complaints coming in. It wouldn't be hard to say: "Now that you've begun to repair the breach in the fabric of your universe, you now need to go to ~this place~ and get rid of the bad mean men that came through with Lendiniara when she broke through into WK." With that, it wouldn't be hard to visit some legends and whatnot for the world...especially if it takes you to 'hidden' areas or areas that Norrathians didn't know stille xisted, etc.
  19. Gragas Augur

Plated berserkers FTW.
    [IMG]
  20. Pirouette Augur

So a level 5 bard we could counter-train to get extra time before the next wave? That would be pretty cool! ;)

Come to think of it, I've always loved the exhilaration of gathering up a big train and dumping it somewhere - mind you I didn't do this to innocent bystanders, it was a competition among friends in an empty zone haha. Nowadays I can't do that, but I wouldn't mind seeing that energy put to use against an NPC, though...