Producer Letter Lie to Us?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Randragon, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Randragon Augur

There is supposed to be new and exciting quests which kick off today the 26th in PoK.

As of 11am on Povar server I didn't see anything.

What gives SoE?
  2. Tarrin Augur

It is still early in the day.
  3. Axxius Augur

11 am which time zone? SOE is in San Diego, and holiday stuff typically begins at noon Pacific.

Maybe think a little before accusing them of lying.
  4. Falos Augur

the new years quest npcs from 2011 went active shortly after midnight pst on the 26th. No other NPCs went live, it's safe to say that all of the new years related quests are currently active.

That being said, the producers letter did not promise new quests for this years events, however a lot of people including myself considered it "implied" so this is a huge letdown that we are getting a rehash of quests that came out 2 years ago.

What a massive disappointment.
    Caudyr likes this.
  5. Draego Augur

Again the thing you have to remember is that when SOE makes comments like this, they do it from the stand point of PST/PDT so when it hits a certain time pacific coast, then IF the event is auto coded to begin, after that time is reached it will (at least is supposed to) begin.

Look at the Double EXP that was promissed recently. It was supposed to be set to start at a certain time - apparently someone forgot to make sure that happened.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...uble-xp-on-already.205938/page-3#post-3024457
  6. Caudyr Augur

This. The wording of it definitely implied new quests to do. Now, if there are supposed to be new quests and they just forgot to turn them on or they will turn on in 3 hours...then it's a moot point.

However, if that's not the case...I'll be extremely disappointed because I was actually kind of looking forward to that, given that the wording definitely implied pretty strongly that there would be.
  7. Derd Augur

That’s next year, but before this year ends, we have some exciting Quests and Missions as part of our New Years events that kickoff on December 26th and last through the middle of January. You can speak to several friends in the Plane of Knowledge to get started on the 26th!

Well it appears the lie would be you putting the word "new" in that sentence :) Other than New Years I don't see it. And I assume they believe that all quests are exciting and that they are indeed part of the New Years events, so no lie no half truth nothing to see here but people wanting to get agitated.

If they do add some new quests or missions I would be surprised being this close to beta for phase two of cotf and with the holiday time off already underway. Sure it's always nice to get new stuff but I see no promise or even a hidden wording in his sentence that takes it to Lie status.
  8. Symbius Augur

I read it as new quests as well.

Massive fail on the producer's part for not being more specific about what he was talking about.
  9. JacklSK Augur

There is nothing implied in that letter as to anything "new" regarding the new years events.
    Wishful thinking while reading is not on the letter writer's side of "fault"
    Treiln likes this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

we have some exciting Quests and Missions as part of our New Years events that kickoff on December 26th and last through the middle of January.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=33574

I dont remember any x-mas quests starting on new years but is that what peeps are thinking now?
  11. Falos Augur

Exciting quests would imply we were getting something other than a 2 year old quest that was only mediocre compared to other anniversary quests implies that there were going to be a new quest. I'm guessing you never did that quest / saw the reward for it. Like I said new quests were not promised but iwas pretty obviously loosely implied that there was going to be a new one.

The producer letters do not get posted everytime there is a special holiday quest, it's very very rare for them to draw such noteworthy attention to holiday quests starting on a specific date like that so it seemed very likely we were at least getting one new quest. It most certainly was "implied"

I would not say the producer lied, and I look forward to his letters, but I gotta say... this time the letter led to ULTRA disappointment. especially since it also made the coming tier 1b sound like it was coming with no new zones. I was really looking forward to new possible new years quests.
    porky likes this.
  12. Tobynn Augur

Quests (plural) and missions (plural)?
    I am only aware of 1 quest and 1 mission (both from prior years) that became available on the 26th. Perhaps I'm overlooking those additional quests and missions.
  13. Falos Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5288

Sadly he's probably counting the multiple level versions of essentially the same quest :( Not sure if the mission has multiple level versions though.
  14. Randragon Augur

It's still a crock if those are the quests.

I mean have you seen the reward for completing it? A beetle pet for your house.
    Who really comes up with this crap lately?

Jump on the bandwagon and call me out. It still isn't worth the time and effort to do this as it stands right now.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Then I guess you won't be doing the quest. Thank God.
  16. Siddar Augur

I think the exciting part they were talking about was the bringing back of LDoN type missions that can scale from level 10 to 100.

It may not seem like it but that is actually exciting when you conside the impact on game going forward.
  17. Leerah Augur

You got clockworks.