A christmas request regarding new content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LoonyToony, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Mytoss Elder

Runnyeye and Befallen ! :)
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I love befallen, great zone! but its just too small to do anything with without making it an instance, and that takes away from the whole experience.
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

Halls of Betrayal and Caverns of Exile. Re-take Firiona Vie.

Change Devastation zone so players can figure out how the hell they can make certain mobs take over Sverag.

Oasis of Marr and Kerra Ridge.
    Caudyr and Rainbowdash like this.
  4. Rainbowdash Augur

YES THIS god it's SO overdue.
  5. Robz New Member

Rathe Mountains, SkyFire Moutains, Dreadlands ,Skyshrine
  6. Sancho Elder

Please redo Shadowhaven & address that big freaking door! Maybe an evil race of extradimensional wealthy merchants or something I dunno.
  7. Everstorm Augur

You'd figure by now some enterprising necromancer would have figured out how to raise all the dead dragons in Dragon Necropolis!
  8. sojuu Augur

I was just going to suggest veksar it was always one of my favorite zones. I wousld love to see this revamped.

would be nice to see an expansion with all the ruined cities prior to thier destruction such as veksar not sunken or old seb not ruined.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

all christmas revamped zones should have the fresh icy floors for slip and slid trains.
  10. Caudyr Augur

Actually I'd love to see this, too. We got to see what Chelsith (probably) looked like on Kunark before it was destroyed...as with Kaesora and whatnot...

It'd be pretty great if we got to go see Sebilis before it was destroyed. I bet it looked awesome. :D
    Pirouette likes this.
  11. Caudyr Augur

what christmas revamped zones? :p
  12. Caudyr Augur

This is something I partially disagree with. I always thought that the Hardcore Heritage zones, when added, should just become permanent fixtures for the game and not just temporary. Just add a door or a NPC to port you there in the zone at the 'main' zone in (in case of multiple ones). This way it doesn't interfere with people wanting to still do those old quests and/or need to do their epics, etc.

That being said, OS would make for a great hot zone, as would karnor's and lguk...so yeah, I definitely agree with that part. ^^

Oasis won't happen, I imagine...as it was already revamped when they redid north ro and south ro and combined oasis with one/both of them (think most is in south ro but a small portion may be in north ro, i forget).

Kerra Ridge probably won't happen, either, as it was combined into Toxxulia Forest when they revamped that, as well. It's possible it could, I guess...but I can't really see it.

Firiona Vie should totally be retaken in an event of some sort, I agree with that wholeheartedly.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new quests that take us to instances of the Halls of Betrayal/Caverns of Exile with new and/or higher level mobs that you have to go through for special rewards, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they put in for the new years stuff on 12/26 (as was mentioned in the dec producer's letter)...but I bet I'll be let down. :(
  13. Lenowill Augur

I'm fond of Karnor's + Sebilis.

Also the raid mission (or even just group mission) idea of defending against waves of trains in Karnor's is a grand idea. Can have some jerkface NPC rogue pull Venril to the zone-in at the end for maximum lulz (maybe that only in the raid version).

You can also +1 me as someone who would eventually like to see what Seb looked like before it was destroyed.
    drkoli likes this.
  14. Caudyr Augur

No. Nonono. Not some jerkface NPC rogue!

Fansy Reincarnate! :D
    Pirouette likes this.
  15. Edrick Augur

There is a series of absolutely terribly designed monster missions that take place when the Seblisian Empire was falling, one of them taking place in "Old" Sebilis where the frogloks and other slaves were rebelling, but it is broken beyond all means.

A time travel to Sebilis when it was the thriving capital of the empire would incredibly awesome. It should consist of two zones though.. those ruins and aqueduct you see in Trakanon's Teeth were part of the city too.
    Baramos and Caudyr like this.
  16. Baramos Augur

Najena. It was terrifying.

Runnyeye. Bring back the Staff of the Observers.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I may be the odd one out here, but I'd rather see some new zones, with new stories.
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Ishtass Augur

I'd love a way to visit old freeport, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.
    Uxtalzon, Baramos, Edrick and 2 others like this.
  19. Rainbowdash Augur

The zones are in the game still, they can still use them for anything they want. Like how they have those old monster missions still take place in old EC and Freeport, and the SK epic ornament in Freeport etc. It's just that there's no way to travel there by normal means anymore.

The only zones they can't actively bring back is Old Nektulos, Lavastorm, Arena, and Bazaar (These were the first old zone revamps and rather than making separate zones and re-linking zone lines like they did for all other revamps, they opted to outright replace the exact same zone making both of them existing in-game impossible. Unless they renamed the old files and made them into an entirely new zone but...that'd probably be too much work to be worth it.). And Highpass...apparently the old version can't be read by the client now or something. Which they could also fix but....

The rest of the zones, though, they put in a completely new zone with the revamp and just changed zone lines around, changed people's bind spots, teleport spells etc. So the old zones still exist, they just aren't attached to anything to allow you to go there anymore. They could easily put in a teleport npc to go there and repopulate them with level 100 content if they wanted. I'd love it! Like I said earlier, there's probably no better form of nostalgia than to allow people to go back to zones that they can no longer go back to any other given day even just to kill grey cons. Especially now that EQMac is dust. :(
  20. Edrick Augur

Give me the option to visit old Freeport, knowing that many of the quests added after the revamp won't work or be there. It's all I ask. I loathe the new Freeport.
    Uxtalzon, Ishtass and Baramos like this.