A christmas request regarding new content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LoonyToony, Dec 19, 2013.

1. LoonyToony Elder

I would love to make the request of updateing a few zones back to present day quality content like in rain of fear.

Old sebilis would be a blast to return to. Imagine each path up top telling a story of what is going on there now since we were last there. Then diving into the basement killing the shroom king and seeing what became of old Trak. This zone would make great instances for content.

Karnors castle having the first event in an instance have npcs train your group or raid as you fight to stay alive would also not just bring back old memories but in my view be a good event. Also see what has happened since kunark days and since venril has been gone to wreck havoc in dragons of norrath.

Veeshans peak having a group and raid version would be a blast. Also since cotf began what has the ring of scale been up to? Temple of veeshan got corrupted via the fear shard and they sat back? We now have Leininara blast the karanas to kingdom come from an alternate time line and future. It has been four months the ring of scale has to know something is going on. Also love smacking dragons :) it is a hobby.

Sleepers tomb had the giant football field shard of fear over it. What has happened in there since then? Where is our Kerafyrm from eq1? Did the fear shard in temple of veeshan break the chain on dozekar? Has the corruption seeped into the sleepers tomb making the creations in there and kerafyrms minions get super charged?

Those are just a few zones I would love to see remade to todays levels and story line. Merry Christmas devs hope you enjoy time with your families :)!
    moogs and Augur like this.
  2. LoonyToony Elder

Ps know kerafyrm was reput sleep in secrets of faydwar. But his minions are still about. Also would love to see where the crusaders put him.
  3. Augur Developer

Merry Christmas and happy holidays, LoonyToony! (And everyone else too, of course!)

I can't guarantee or promise anything for the future, but I can say that, as a team, we really enjoy these zone revamps and frequently talk about which zones we'd want to do next.

We also love to hear your thoughts on which zones you want to see revamped or revisited--it's always taken into account when we make our decisions. So let loose your idea cannons!
  4. Falos Augur

Kedge Keep Revamp with a revamp that has most of the water in the zone nullify enduring breath effects and forces everyone to frequently find safe rooms with 'air pockets' that allow for enduring breath effects.
    Rainbowdash and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Sebilis, Lake Of Ill Omen, Oasis as it was in 1999, Highpass Hold/Keep as they were in 1999, South Karana - Aviaks, Splitpaw area, centaurs, mammoths, etc etc as it was in 1999 but modernized. Just off the top of my head. The Overthere & Skyfire were also really cool. A lot of TSS, SoF & SoD stuff were cool but it's not as old as the original 3 contents so probably less desire to remake any of that.

I really dislike the Freeport revamp that revamped all those great classic zones. I am not trying to beat a dead horse or nit pick but I truly feel that was a terrible choice. No offense intended, just my personal feelings.
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  6. Stickietoes Augur

Id say Vex Thal, but make it an instance, and not as difficult as if it were just released in luclin...
    Moklianne, LoonyToony and Axxius like this.
  7. Axxius Augur

ToV-style revamps of Ssra Temple, Vex Thal, Plane of Time.
  8. Caudyr Augur

Yes, Yes and YES! Please!

And by ToV style I'm hoping he means "raid instances" and not just revamping the static zones! :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Of course, the instanced raid versions, same as was done for ToV in RoF. Each of those old zones also has a final boss that would be perfect for making into a much harder raid event than the minis, similar to RoF Vulak.
  10. Caudyr Augur

Instance Akheva Caverns while you're at it with the worm + khati sha raids...and bring back the Ring of Fire! :D
    Gyurika Godofwar and LoonyToony like this.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

Blackburrow Blackburrow Blackburrow Blackburrow!!!!

Tbh I'd love South Karana just for Aviak Treehouse and Gnolls outside Paw again

'I think one of the best things you can do though, is not only release a current content revamp....but release a current content revamp of the original versions of zones that have since been graphically revamped. The best example I can think of is to literally release the entire Freeprot area (all Freeport cities, North/South ro, Oasis, East and West Commonlands. can probably toss Befallen in there for good measure even though it's not been graphically revamped) as a sort of temporary revamp event, not as part of an expac (like Hardcore Heritage). Have an npc in New East Freeport that teleports you to a level 95-100 Old East Freeport, and from there you can zone on foot like you once did to all the original versions of the zones listed above complete with the old models (spiders, orcs, bats, rats etc), and level 100 revamps of the guards, mobs, dropped items, maybe even some new custom nameds/items and revamps of some of the newbie quests in Freeport.

It'd be more work than the typical re-visitation, probably as much as the RoF Velious theme, but it'd be a re-visitation of something that, with the exception of a limited amount of tiny instances (Shadowknight epic ornament quest, griffin monster mission, pirate monster mission), is no longer accessible at all in EQ. Despite the work behind it I'd be willing to bet people would have quite a bit of fun in there, especially if the rewards were worthwhile. Maybe even have a raid of Freeport for raid content!!! Help the cleric/paladin guilds fight the Militia and kill Lucan!
  12. Mithrandyr Augur

Old Sebilis (I'd also really like to see the city before it was ruined). Everything in Luclin.
    Caudyr and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Sando New Member

Lord seru - new version 1h and 2h sword of truth
  14. Elricvonclief Augur

Veksar, I loved that zone. It was large, lot of different camps, mobs scaled up in difficulty, and the theme was really cool.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Oooo I really like the idea of a raid event in KC where you get trained at the zone in that would be great fun and bring back many memories.
  16. Edrick Augur

I just like it when you post Augur, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Hardcore heritage Old Sebilis or Karnor's you've heard before, and those would be fantastic.

But how about a different sort of suggestion. You guys have made the 2.0 and 3.0 versions of the Shawl, an awesome quest that started when Everquest had the best quest design ever, Velious. How about giving us a Coldain Ring 2.0 quest series some day? The choice is up to you if you want to make it a ring, or an aug.
  17. Feradach Augur

Seeing City of Mist as Torsis would be fantastic. Not only is that one of the greatest zones in game (just my opinion of course), the lore around it is pretty cool. It would be great to see what it was like in its glory.
    Pirouette likes this.
  18. Ashigaru Augur

Get's my vote - loved the shawl quests, loved the ring quests. Personally, I'd like to have the option to choose ring / aug at the end of the quest.
  19. Xikteny Augur

There's a lot of cool zones being mentioned here, but I really like Veksar.
  20. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Yes, Old Sebilis and Karnor's Castle are perfect for Hardcore Heritage, maybe Lower Guk too. Don't change anything but levels and loot. Instancing them would ruin them!

In the mean time, those'd make good hot zones.