Summoning Mobs/Test server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Tarrin Augur

I see where you are coming from, and thanks for the clarification on the envy. I went through a bunch of my posts because I really didn't want it to seem as though that was my mindset.

I guess my personal frustration is seeing how one of the few things druids really excell at (soloing via quint kiting) is being attacked when there are good many classes that do it (soloing) better. Druids aren't DPSers (even if we can hold our own in a group setting). Getting a group as a main healer nowadays for any class is tough enough as it is, because of a variety of issues. In a raid format the class needs some tweaks as well, but that isn't what I want to get into in this thread.

Druid solo XP (no nameds, just xp) is one of the few brights spots right now for the class, and I see so many people that are clearly content or lobbying for it to be uprooted while a variety of other classes are easily doing more.
  2. Githy Elder

Guys, it was me who raised the class envy thing and sorry if I was paranoid or too sensitive, but I didn't think that bringing in other class capabilities around being able to PL (one of my chars is an SK lol !!!) would help.

I suggest we put the whole "death-touch" thing to bed. It's just getting me all over-excited about the ancient caster vs melee argument. And I have no class axe to grind, I 6-box (have often 7-boxed and even 12-boxed!) a range of characters that includes sk, mage and druid (but not rogue, strangely...).
  3. Piestro Augur

This thread is still read and reported on regularly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. slybeast New Member

This is not about decap ,Mc,AS ,Hs or Beam.. Its about a people disrupting zones that other people are trying to play in as well.

You have Mage Sk (or one of the other tanks..do not want to pick on the sk class"even tho they are way OP" lol ) and Cr groups .

The Tank [sk] Pulls mass about of mobs in a zone to a group . where the mages Beams them down. and the Cr keeps tank alive. That's not so bad until you have this same group pulling the whole zone. lagging it out, training over people, messing up mobs pathing and making it so other can not do there quest in that zone.

Its not about one class its about a mechanic in the game that needs to be fixed, Its something that should be ok to do in a Instance if you want to. But not out where it effects others in game. Most of us pay to play. And some of us want to play the game as it was designed with are little camps pulling 2 to 3 mobs in at a time. Not disrupting a whole zone of other players.

This is not a one class fix. this is a zone fix or a mechanic fix. and it needs to be addressed.

I love this game. I have been playing it from the days before kunark.

I have faith that SOE team will come up with a fair fix .
  5. malibu66 Elder

Well that is good news! Putting aside the sarcasm of my previous posts - I do hope a solution to this issue is found without adding more summoning mobs.
  6. malibu66 Elder

Summoning makes a difference to you whether or not you attack a mob - or your chance of successfully beating it? What difference could that make to a melee class?
  7. Ammeren Augur

Wow look at this thread go!

Honestly though, swarm kiting isn't the problem here. Beaming isn't the problem. Quading or "quinting"( I've never heard of this, excuse my ignorance). Swarming on all levels really isn't the problem. The problem is WHEN people exercise their abilities it causes a disruption to other players in the form of lag.

THAT is what needs to be dealt with, not the players using the abilities their class has. GM's never said they couldn't re adjust the servers ( or whatever they'd need to do ) to fix this, just that they haven't tried and went alternative routes. Maybe they need to put a little work in, instead of just nerfing a specific spell or creating summoning mobs.

Just to touch base with the players that can't kite. As Piestro already commented, the classes were not meant to be the same/equal. If you can't mass exp via swarm kiting, I'm sure you have something that the swarm kiters cannot do.

We need to turn this thread from, Mage beams and swarm kiting or druid quading/"quinting", to idea's that will help the GM/Dev team eliminate the problem at it's source..The lag.

How would everyone feel is swarm kiting still existed but there was no rubber band effect? I mean you'd have full speed mobs coming to get you at this point, only skilled players would be able to control them.
  8. slybeast New Member

You know I was just thinking,,,, Why not just change the HOT zones. its time for new ones... Just keep this issue in mind as you are making up the Daily quest . maybe make sure the zone is ready to go HOT..

Cant complain if its NEW. right?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try talking to Prathum, I believe he was in charge of spells at the time. ;)

Some of us have loooooooooooooooooooong memories.
  10. sllice New Member

Do we have any kind of up date yet?

Eta on a fix ?
  11. Falos Augur

Just remember everyone a lot of mages were against the summoning changes and were trying to look out for how other classes were impacted by this nerf as well. I certinaly was in favor of the reversal of the summon nerf.. so people need to kepe that in mind when they keep trying to nerf (IE screw) mages over on their beams.
  12. Tarrin Augur

In all fairness though, it could be said mages were against the summoning changes for their own class based reasons.

I am not saying I don't appreciate the ones genuinely looking out for other classes, but there are def. a benefit to mages if the summoning changes *didn't* go through.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Axxius like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

Or so they said. They were just looking out for other classes, completely selflessly. And everybody believes that.
    [IMG]
  14. Ammeren Augur

You can feel the hate from the Wizard community, they so Jelly that us Mages can do what they can't.

You jelly yet?

Haha, kidding..But in all seriousness here, if you take mass swarming away from everyone, the only people who would be un effected is the Mage community, we can still solo/molo whatever we'd like. We don't depend on the ability to solo when we don't have a group.

I do feel truly sorry for the Druids and Necro's though. Druids more than Necro, since at least a decent Necro can solo with their pet. Even SK's and Zerkers will feel the effect of this more than myself as a Mage.

I still don't think that implementing summoning mobs is the best route to go for the issue at hand.

It's SoE's issue to deal with, not the community. We shouldn't pay because their servers can't handle the amount of mobs they place in each zone. Time to re work some mechanics! Don't take it out on the players because your machines can't handle our skills!

( The very same skills YOU gave us( Insert swarm class) )

* Drum line please *
  15. Grummas New Member

I still maintain that applying the changes to the problematic zones just like Halls of Honour is a decent idea except upping the size so extra mobs gate if the pull is in excess of say 20-30 mobs. Not enough to lag the zone or affect others but still enough to make it worthwhile. Also if the instances were left unchanged people would start beaming there rather then stay in the open zone. There are not many if any classes that would pull 20-30 mobs, even if there were they could use the instances. Win/Win IMO
  16. Filter Augur

I'm not about to read all 20 pages of this crap but come on.... You developers just can't figure out how to pinpoint your target audience so you make a "fix" (aka nerf) twice that doesn't hit the mark at all. One is the necro Deathbloom nerf and now this??? Just wow... The fact that you're going to just make those players move a little and continue beam kiting while affecting OTHER players (classes) that kite (and have kited for years) no longer be able to hit those areas is almost comical. I wish to God that you would JUST for once take the advice of the customer base and do an EXTREMELY simple fix (limiting beam spells to a lower number so as to not affect the zone) instead of killing kiting in those areas for EVERYONE! Come on guys, this isn't that hard.... It truly isn't...

If you can please not push this to live, you would save yourselves a ton of ridicule on the boards. It's ok to say "we were wrong". We won't mind.

I'm very happy I didn't buy the new expansion now even more. And to think that I was looking to spend my hard earned money on this game. SOOO close to cancelling that it isn't even funny. If you're trying to push customers away, you ARE hitting your mark there. /golfclap
  17. Everstorm Augur

IMHO Hot Zones are the root of the problem. Everyone wants to be at the best exp spot. When you put too many people in a limited space problems will always arise. I think it would be beter if all high lvl zones give out more or less the same exp/hour so people can spread out more. Hell, maybe upgrade a few old, forgotten zones. So many dungeons are empty, why not revitalize them?
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just limit the HZ xp bonus to full (or 5 of 6) groups of players, that are within 5 levels of each other.

Hot Zones are to encourage getting groups together, not for soloers/powerleveling.
  19. Potionless Elder

You could change the experience calculation so that mobs on the hatelist over 8 (or what ever number you want people to be able to beam) take a share of experience.
  20. Falos Augur

The summoning nerf would not have hurt me even one tiny bit, I pet tank so the nerf was total lulz to me. I've been pretty consistent in my desire for mage beams to stay unnerfed, and the solution to be something else while at the same time unnerfing wizard beams.
    Sinestra and Gyurika Godofwar like this.