Update Bugs 12/11/13

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by JChan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Gr8fuldave Augur

Offline traders occasionally disappear. I have 4 mules that I use and one or more of them will randomly disappear. Can't sell anything if the buyer can't click on me.
  2. Vanrau Augur

Mercs are still disappearing when zoning. I notice this happens quite frequently when I have a familiar up and 2 auras active with my cleric and 1 aura with my mage bot.
  3. Melanippe Augur

Ever since the patch, mercenaries that were definitely placed on Passive prior to logging are on Balanced when I log back in. If not noticed this can become a bit costly.
  4. postid Journeyman

Not sure if a bug or intended - if you are on auto follow and you transport out it automatically changes the character on auto follow to walk from run
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Selerra Journeyman

Minor issue.

The "NPC variety" change seems to have removed ALL of the special merchant skins in Shar Vahl.

Example:
    [IMG]

She now wears regular leather, along with every other male and female special-skinned merchant.

Basically, your variety patch killed Shar Vahl NPC variety. ;)
  6. RS78 Lorekeeper

I'm losing pets when i log out in PoK, guild lobby, guild hall and bazaar. There also seems to be a roll back when logging out in the non combat zones, items placed in shared bank ( plat ) is back on the character who deposited it.
  7. Drewie Augur

Say "Ebenizer" to Santug Claugg in PoK to get the "A Gift for Tinam" Frostfell task. In the Task window, click on "Frostfell Tree" to check the reward. Then Alt + right-click the item icon to see what it looks like ... boom, instant crash to desktop !
  8. Tobynn Augur

^^ that illusion preview problem is not new, and it is not specific to that particular item. There are a number of items with clicky-illusion effects that experience some catastrophic malfunction when attempting to preview them. I usually experience a client hang -- not an instant crash -- the client just hangs unresponsive for a damn long time. Eventually, the OS recognizes EQ has gone unresponsive and shuts it down. Problem was first reported looooooong ago yet still persists.

The item preview window pops open with a messaging indicating "No Preview Exists" but the client still goes all fubar, assuming its trying to render *something*.
  9. Dzarn Developer

I did some digging on this one, turns out I broke this several months ago when trying to clean up (presumably) bad data in the database.

It appears that Vah Shir is a special case where the armor material type number falls well out of normal bounds but is in fact valid.

I'll make sure to go through all of the Vah Shir merchants that were accidentally changed to normal leather and change them back into their special garb. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)
  10. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yay EQ Coding!
    Uxtalzon and Selerra like this.
  11. Uxtalzon Augur

Hey now, I like my Vah Shir with skin-tight clothes and 80's style thongs! :3 :3 :3

- Caster merc endurance regenerates at... just 1 point. Even in rest. Yes they don't need it, but I'm nitpicky when I don't see a bar full. Is that new?

- Caster merc refuses to do anything when setting to Burn AE. As if that mode wasn't useless enough... EDIT: Okay, my merc won't do ANYTHING. Balanced, Burn, Burn AE... he just stands there. The heck?

STRANGE HAPPENINGS ON ODUS!

-A Sppikefish floats in front of Paineel's threshold in Toxxulia Forest! (-1895, -230)

-A gigantic shark floats in Erudin, snapping at unwary newbies! Sentinels decide to ignore it. If they believe it doesn't exist, it'll go away. (-170, 65)

(Though a small issue, a sand shark and Pearl of Odus groundspawn are out of reach and blocked by zone boundaries just north of 810, -615.)
  12. smash Augur

Channels atm is a complete disaster. Rejoining them each 10-15 sec.This on AB server
    Appears to be so that chat server is Down, then it tries to connect and shortly after it goes Down Again.
  13. Ishtass Augur

Had quite a few latency issues on bertox awhile go as well
  14. Dandin Augur

The Universal chat server is... Broken.
    Up -- Down-- up -- Down Every few seconds.

Spammed my poor chat windows half to death
    "Whats that? Cleric AFK / Sorry, All i see is the chat channels bouncing like a yo-yo!"
  15. Gladare Augur

Seperate your windows better?
  16. Sarkaukar Augur

Either the chat server is down, which then it would be affecting everyone and their puppies, or there is something else involved such as a firewall software (gateway/modem/router as well as computer) port is being closed down and EQ is resyncing the information.

Remember, previously if the connection to the UCS was lost the toons had to zone to resync the connection when the UCS was up (zoning when UCS was down did nothing).
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AB has been having issues for a while with chat channels going up and down like a yo yo, I had hoped their maintenance would have fixed it, but sadly it hasn't. The lag and instances on the other hand seem to be a lot better than they were.
  18. Sleestax New Member

Losing fully buffed pets repeatedly on log-off.

For a class that is pet dependent, that's a deal breaker.
  19. Gohl New Member

I'm losing pets also, very annoying.
  20. Citraka New Member

Have you guys with Pet issues submitted a detailed /bug report ie what pet what zone, etc. I'm on bristlebane play 3 pet classes and havent lost a pet like this ever, just wondering if that sheer luck or something specific to your combination of server, characters, focus, zone , etc etc