Old raid mobs with long respawn timers.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Goth Augur

Any reason why old mobs need to be still on these multi day respawn times?

Just make everything 4-8 hours max? Would be nice to simply find what you need and not spend a bunch of time trying to find the guy up then 10seconds to kill it.
    Drusi, Zurd, Tensor and 2 others like this.
  2. Denial_Sinfae Augur

CbQ, Seru, ToV, NToV, Emp SSRA, all epic encounters.

Yes please!
    Zurd and Ishtass like this.
  3. Ishtass Augur

Would love to see something like 6 hour spawn
  4. Explicit Augur

Agree with OP here, long timers on decade+ old content are pretty ridiculous this far into the game.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This is something that I would love to see. Every time I get the urge to go run around the older zones and look for nameds that I used to hunt long ago they are always long dead. It would be nice if they could bring down the spawn timer of a lot of the old world - luclin "raid" named.
    Ishtass likes this.
  6. Edrick Augur

Don't fix what isn't broken.
  7. Norathorr Augur

Agreed! Prior to the revamp of Ntov my proudest item on my berserker was Abashi's rod as in terms of how hard it was to earn, I found it alot tougher to get than anything off current instanced raid targets. Due to how useful it is to monks and berserkers there was alot of competition for the item. It took me 27 Kills and having to defend my spawn each pop to get a legendary item. Would hate to see legendary mobs become as insignificant as a common instanced spawn!
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

I've successfully camped a few rare drops off some of these contested old raid mobs on ridiculously long timers. It wouldn't bother me one bit if they reduced the respawn time.

There's nothing really challenging about sitting there killing a trivial mob anyway. Just because I got there first and killed a mob that anyone else my level easily could kill too makes me more awesome than the next guy? Not really.

What makes me awesome is that I was smart enough to roll a wiz while the rest of you donkeys chose to suck.
    Zurd, Tensor and Ishtass like this.
  9. Naugrin Augur

It would be nice to see the old raid timers greatly reduced.
  10. Goth Augur

Something like this might be a reason why some cant seem to find a named they actually need.

Nothing against your desire to kill a mob but when something is on like a 3 day timer it doesn't make since to just randomly kill stuff.

Really there is nothing hard about earning something if you have to simply wait days for a respawn. Its annoying and either the named respawn needs to be reduced or alternative methods to completing some of these old world quests.
  11. doktartp Augur

If you put VT on a 6 hour boss repop, you would still have people camping it non stop for weeks, there are simply a backlog of people who have been meaning to do it but haven't the patience.

I bet it would take a month or more before some areas would be not camped daily.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. doktartp Augur

Tried to camp phinny for mage epic drop, for 2 weeks I couldn't find it up till a day off, and I found a wizard who had been rotting the piece I needed secretly. I did get lucky that I checked the zone every 15 minutes for 6 hours to find the timer.

Phinny is not a long repop.
  13. iniari-TR Augur

would love to see the respawn timers greatly reduced on old raids such as seru , ssra , pofear.

those mobs / items are a real bottleneck for many players due to people that have them permacamped and farming items.
  14. Norathorr Augur

They should rename this game selfentitlement quest. Ever remember time when there was an item you really wanted that seemed totally unattainable. That was in a world pre instancing, where only the most dedicated had the coolest items. This had a great effect on the community imo. It improved peoples game immensely as they knew they could not coast their way to uberdom and it also created a sense of wonder where you always had something to reach for that was not quite within the range of your grasp. When I walk around expansions like velious it makes me happy to remember these times and know that even now killing a mob like vulak is a more rare and special experience than kill generic raid instanced mob 001.

Keep the timers the same there are so few items with that extra special utility that distinguish the hardworking from the lazy in EQ anymore and most of the reside in very old expansions!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Zyrek like this.
  15. Mithrandyr Augur

If we're going to reduce the spawn timers so that everyone can have that rare, neat item yesterday, making it utterly worthless, just put it on a vendor for 1cp. Put the Epics that everyone whines about on the vendor too. While we're at it stop making mobs fight back, just hail the mob for it's loot and go take a nap.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Norathorr like this.
  16. Denial_Sinfae Augur

It is so difficult to kill a level 70 dragon with 1,400 max hit, and 800,000 hps.

So distinguishingly epic.

I agree, those with a wand of Abashi are so much more uber and wonderful than those without. Wait, my monk and bers both have one.

Was it awesome looting it? No. If anything it was underwhelming. I was relieved to finally not have to leave my characters logged in that stupid spot for no reason not experiencing the game itself, but waiting for some ancient bottleneck.
  17. Norathorr Augur

Getting the mob and locking down the spawn can be more epic than most things I have experienced in current content. I guess I just dont like being able to have everything at the click of a finger which modern eq seems geared to /shurg
  18. Norathorr Augur

The comment about putting them on a vendor for 1cp is pretty much what you are asking for! Everyone knows killing an old mob is easy, but having the determination to compete for a spawn with other dedicated players over something really rare is a challenge in patience and dedication which is what old eq is all about.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Leerah like this.
  19. doktartp Augur

The people for this are missing desired items or want something from the perma camped mobs.

The people against this are people who currently lock down the mobs or have at one time, and think people need to deal with it like they did.

If they would reintroduce clickies and illusions in newer content, a good deal of this would go away, Tunare gets hit up for a 14 minute snare proc or an all/all clicky ds-AC. doesn't always drop it and I had to take days off and time patches to fight others for the timers. Cleric snare took me 3 months to see 1 drop. I didn't find that epic, nostalgic, or anything...... well maybe annoying and aggrevating.

I am for a reduction of time, maybe 1 day for the 3-5 day kills. I don't feel I have to walk up hill both ways in snow, nor would I make newer players do it.
  20. Goth Augur

Just wow, some of you think content 8+ years old is still worth screwing around with respawn timer? Hardly epic hardly anything game changing. Its about killing a mob and not about waiting for a mob.

Im talk epic mobs merely to do the epic so I can do the dang epic aug thing. Or anything with long respawn 4-8 hour respawn should be the max.

if you guys think 1 item that is 8 years or older makes a game breaking difference im confused. or is it more like the item is so rare that you like to be one of the few that can link it in /ooc or /guild..